Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandman - News/Discussion/Speculation

Neil Gaiman’s Sandman Possibly Headed To TV

The Hollywood Reporter tonight revealed that WBTV is talking to writer-producers about adapting the DC/Vertigo classic series Sandman, and that their top favorite is Eric Kripke, creator of Supernatural.

Note this Sandman is NOT the character that appeared in Smallville’s “Absolute Justice,” but is instead Morpheus, lord of The Dreaming, who was featured in a critically-acclaimed mature readers comic that lasted for 75 issues.

THR says that Kripke is “interested” but “cautious because the comic book has such a passionate following and is held in such high regard.” Kripke is aware that each decision for such a series would be heavily scrutinized.

WBTV and Kripke have not yet confirmed THR’s report. This is not the first time Sandman has been proposed for TV, either, with a HBO attempt being made in recent years. If THR’s report is true and this is happening, it is also not known what network would pursue such a project

http://www.ksitetv.com/neil-gaimans-...-headed-to-tv/

Unless Neil Gaiman himself is the exec producer and the head of the writing team, I'm worried about this. The comic series is wonderful... but could be botched horribly.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Unless Neil Gaiman himself is the exec producer and the head of the writing team, I'm worried about this. The comic series is wonderful... but could be botched horribly.
      I've been meaning to ready the series for a long time and still haven't(), but I agree if Neil isn't involved it could possibly spell doom.

Comment

Working...
      X