Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First DST SG-1 Stargate - A Little Disappointing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First DST SG-1 Stargate - A Little Disappointing?

Hey Guys,

So I just got my first complete SG-1 DST Stargate in the mail.

I have had an Atlantis gate for some time now, and was quite impressed with the quality of the sculpt and paint apps, with the exception of it not being a complete gate.

However, now that I have received my SG-1 gate, I am a little disappointed with the lack of sculpting on the back of the gate. The fact that it is just a smooth surface was a complete surprise, considering the Atlantis gate was fully sculpted on both sides.

Now, I have been looking to get a complete SG-1 gate for a LONG time, and I never heard of people talking about this or anything.

So I guess my questions are:

1. Did a lot of collectors complain about this when the pieces were first released and is that why they did a complete sculpt for the Atlantis gate?

2. Was there a reason that DST sculpted like this instead of of doing a complete sculpt?

3. Since I have not heard anyone else complain about this, am I the only one who care?
    McKay: "We need the Zed-Pee-Em to power the gate."
    O'Neill: "Huh?"
    Daniel: "Zee-Pee-Em. He's Canadian."

Hi Suprmn,

well firstly, I may need to request a mod nove this thread, cause its about SG1 merchandise, and this is the Atlantis section! Setting that to one side,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Not that DST would see it that way, but yes. A fuss was made in collector feedback esp on their "Ask DST" blog, and DST announced there would be more detail on the Atlantis gate when they launched the Atlantis figs. The whole "Wrong Gatepiece with Carter" debacle probably made them mindful of that too.

2. When you say "complete sculpt" I assume you mean the flat featureless back to the SG1 gate? We will never know. DST used to pride themselves on product improvement as a line evolved. (For example adding knee joints to the figs.) I think the Atlantis gate was probably the evolution of comments for their take on their SG1 gate.

3. Oh we care! Its just ancient news now. The first wave of SG1 was released back in 2007. Many have requested re-releases for the SG1 gate as they have not managed to get all the pieces, and can't find them, or figures are too expensive on Ebay etc. DST have given non-committed responses on their blog. Its a sad fact that most people have given up and moved on out of impatience. - Its a very old issue now I am afraid.

If you look at these two threads:

SG1 figs - http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/2...t-SG-1-Figures

Atlantis Figs - http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/3...lantis-Figures

They are a history of people's initial hopes, comments and feedback, and most recently frustrations and disapointment, with the way the figure lines have gone.
    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
    X