Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US FX Network Commissions New Sci-Fi Sit-Com

US FX Network Commissions New Sci-Fi Sit-Com

Are you ready for the new Red Dwarf or living in fear of the next Hyperdrive? The US FX Network has commissioned a part-improvised comedy pilot that sounds suspiciously like a Star Trek parody, according to The Hollywood Reporter’s Live Feed blog.

Although the series as yet appears to have no name, the show is set a thousand years in the future, the follows the crew of the space ship USS Alabama as they embark on a seven-year mission to maintain interplanetary peace. “The show will follow the heart-pounding action as our crew visits hostile planets, meets alien life-forms, and tries to have sex with each other in their tiny, metal bunk beds,” says the FX press release.

The show is created by and stars Thomas Lennon and Ben Garant, famous in the States for a comedy called Reno 911, a spoof show that ran from 2003 to 2009, taking the mick out of those fly-on-the-wall police documentaries. Like the new sci-fi show, it was part improvised.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/08/03/us-f...ci-fi-sit-com/

I kind of have high hopes for this as Reno 911 was brilliant, I loved it, so with those guys at the helm it could be good if done right. However, Red Dwarf aside, sci fi comedy set in space hasn't done paticuarly well over the years has it? Could go either way really. I'll check it out if it ever reaches these shores.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X