The truth about SyFy revealed by cracked.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truth about SyFy revealed by cracked.com

This is one of the best sourced arguments about the SyFy re-branding, and funny as hell.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-5398-syfy-channel/

all i see is pictures ..... i don't get it >:
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

makes me glad it's the Space Channel in Canada
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

cracked.com is correct about what it has revealed. SyFy is dead, along with most of cable television. I remember the horror in my mind when I found out Sci-Fi was rebranding, i'm still surprised the channel shows some science fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          cracked.com is correct about what it has revealed. SyFy is dead, along with most of cable television. I remember the horror in my mind when I found out Sci-Fi was rebranding, i'm still surprised the channel shows some science fiction.
          Now that is funny. Cable television is more alive then it ever has been in the last few decades
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Now that is funny. Cable television is more alive then it ever has been in the last few decades
            What do you mean by alive? Sure stuff like FX, USA, and TNT seem to be really pumping good original programming (I wouldn't know as I don't watch their shows....yet....). But alot of cable TV seems dead to me as they no longer show what they were originally created for. Cartoon Network comes to mind.....Disney and Nick have some pretty terrible programming as well IMO. MTV and VH1 also come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              What do you mean by alive? Sure stuff like FX, USA, and TNT seem to be really pumping good original programming (I wouldn't know as I don't watch their shows....yet....). But alot of cable TV seems dead to me as they no longer show what they were originally created for. Cartoon Network comes to mind.....Disney and Nick have some pretty terrible programming as well IMO. MTV and VH1 also come to mind.
              That is all subjective to your personal taste. Rating trends now vs past say otherwise about more viewers watching cable now
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The station is called Sci-Fi. Show science fiction. Not shows about hunting ghosts or wrestling.
                The station is called Music TV / MTV. Show music videos or shows about music. Not reality shows about skanks in a house or on road trips.
                When you have high viewership because you're diverging significantly from the original purpose of your station, something's wrong... either with the viability of your original idea or your ability to make your original idea work.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

ghost hunters is the worst, stupidest franchise ever. i wish they;d get rid of it.
                  also, can we please bring back some Star Trek into syndication on syfy please. you've got 4 good series to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    The station is called Sci-Fi. Show science fiction. Not shows about hunting ghosts or wrestling.
                    The station is called Music TV / MTV. Show music videos or shows about music. Not reality shows about skanks in a house or on road trips.
                    When you have high viewership because you're diverging significantly from the original purpose of your station, something's wrong... either with the viability of your original idea or your ability to make your original idea work.
                    I think MTV's main problem is that they should have chosen a different name for their international channel, but figured they couldn't go that far (well for the teen/tween programming, they did do it for Nikelodeon). I don't know how it was done in the US but in Europe MTV's rebranding involved buying a music/youth TV channel in the different national markets and put the music clips on there (unfortunatly with lots of stupid cartoons or uninteresting programs too) and using the international European MTV channels strictly for the stupid cartoons and superficial programs aimed at the youth demographic.

The technicalities of MTV's rebranding are actually very smart (in Europe the problem was that there were sooooo many stupid Turkish and Israeli commercials that had 0 impact on most of the demographic, whereas having national music television channels means very targetted advertising and thus mucho cash for the MTV network) and I don't have a problem with them. But I feel they should have renamed the different national TV stations that actually still play music clips "MTV" and chose a different name for their international European channel. That way the strong brand name MTV would be preserved in a way that doesn't ridicule it and jeopardize it in the long run (soon the youths watching MTV will go WTF is it called MTV for??? since they only got to know it after it stopped its heavy musical focus).
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

well do like me then , satellite tv is the future , i have so many choices , the only problem choice , i can see star trek , or stargate of BSG on any time of the day , just keep pushing buttons , and i will find something
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Working...
                      X