Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Talk of Another DC Show to Replace Smallville?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC capes fans feeling a touch melancholy about SMALLVILLE ending this season and leaving a big, gaping hole in their CW watching can cheer up - - the network’s entertainment prez, Dawn Ostroff, is already thinking about a replacement. According to the Boston Herald, the CW’s harkened its ear to fans’ concerns and it’s currently combing DC’s colossal catalog of classic comics characters for content that’d could be curved into a cool TV show. This isn’t guaranteed, of course. Ostroff’s stressing that they don’t want to put a new DC show up just to put one on.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/early-...lville/141765/

A Justice League Live Action series..... make it happen
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I am not sure how you can call it early talk, they been talking about a other DC for the last five an they never really made it past the talking stage.

But Smallvill is happening it might do now I guest.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        I am not sure how you can call it early talk, they been talking about a other DC for the last five an they never really made it past the talking stage.

But Smallvill is happening it might do now I guest.
        An Aquaman backdoor pilot was made (which ive seen), it was just never aired, i hope they dont do that series now it sucked i hated it
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          An Aquaman backdoor pilot was made (which ive seen), it was just never aired, i hope they dont do that series now it sucked i hated it
          They can't/won't do the Aquaman series now. Justin Hartley played Aquaman in that pilot and he's had more success as Green Arrow in Smallville.

--
          If they want a DC series to be more accepted amongst viewers, they are best doing a Smallville spinoff. That Aquaman pilot wasn't, but Smallville created the Justice League (but Alaina Huffman is busy with SGU so they'd need a new female character), they met the Justice Society (maybe use Stargirl instead of Black Canary with the League), there is talks of a Blue Beetle pilot and that character is being introduced in Smallville in the next season. If Laura Vandervoort wasn't busy (she's doing V) they could try a Supergirl series.

I think spinning off from Smallville could be the best thing.

sigpic

Comment

CW, air something other than Smallville? Please. They'll just renew Smallville again, like they've been doing for the last 5 years while everyone is expecting it to be the show's last.

Or they'll just do a straight up Superman series, and hire Tom Welling again. God knows he won't be doing anything else.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              CW, air something other than Smallville? Please. They'll just renew Smallville again, like they've been doing for the last 5 years while everyone is expecting it to be the show's last.

Or they'll just do a straight up Superman series, and hire Tom Welling again. God knows he won't be doing anything else.
              He is working on Hellcast. The guy mentioned Hellcast every chance he got at the Smallville Comic Con Panel. Even Justin Hartley made a joke about it when someone asked the cast if they are doing anything after Smallville & Justin joked that he was working on Hellcast because Tom had already said Hellcast a few times due to certain questions. ****ing Hellcast. Right now Tom seems to be the only one with a plan for after Smallville going by the panel

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                And I thought I was cold... I agree. They should have changed the name of the show to Metropolis a few seasons ago and put him in the suit, but eh.
                Knowing the WB... Er... CW... They'll want something young and hip where the superpowers are totally secondary to the drama and where there're no costumes. Sounds like the Legion of Superheroes stuck in the 21st C to me.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                X