Dark Skies - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Skies - Discussion Thread

Does anyone else remember this fun sci-fi show? It only ran for 20 episodes, but I really quite liked it.

For the uninitiated: Dark Skies was an X-Files-esque series set in the 1960s, following a pair of agents as they attempt to unravel the Majestic 12 alien conspiracy as it gets tangled up in major historical events (such as the Kennedy assassination), and frequently involves historical players such as Bobby Kennedy, Harry Truman, Nelson Rockefeller, Carl Sagan, and many more.

The show recently had a series release in Region 2, but it looks like it's finally getting a Region 1 release too!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I remember it, first thing I ever watched with Jeri Ryan in it.

It was a good show, tried to be more darker overall show more danger than the X-Files but ultimately the show never lasted. I loved how they tried working in historical characters and events, as it was an interesting take on history.

sigpic

Comment

Oh you're right, I completely forgot about the lovely Jeri Ryan being in it!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The full series has been released on DVD in the UK...finally

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Skies-C...8379839&sr=1-1

Comment

Working...
        X