Anyone all Superhero'd out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone all Superhero'd out?

I personally am getting a little sick of all the hero movies lately, and all the ones coming up.

It's not that I don't enjoy them. Batman, superman... all these are great. But if you're not the biggest fan of these comics, like me... you'll probably tired of them.

We've got Batman 3 possibly coming, Wonderwoman, Green Lantern... Captain American.. The Avengers.. Hulk... Iron Man...Thor... and all of the lesser known hero's that I've forgotten, but are surly getting movies too.

It would be one thing if these movies were being made to bring back these characters for the fans that love them so much... but they'e not. These movies are being shoveled out just to get more and more money. It's a shame that's the way Hollywood does things.

Money. Its all about money. And those movies have shown to pull out the money
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I can't say I'm sick of them, because I've enjoyed the ones I have seen. It's also nice to see these characters branching together to star in The Avengers.

That said, I do think they may be starting to milk it. If it's not sequels, it's new characters. If it's not new characters, it's rebooting the old ones. This is mainly aimed at Marvel though. Now they are trying to do TV stuff and the 10 minute vignettes (potentially) before their movies to see if there is a good enough reception to warrant a feature.

I actually like what DC are doing, they do a big blockbuster a year or two apart and fill in the gaps with directed to dvd animated films. Although this disappoints me as they aren't part of the DCAU, but happy enough they get the likes of Tim Daly and Kevin Conroy back (or at least seem to try).

sigpic

Comment

Some of the superhero movies suck and some are brilliant. Hollywood's milking them just like they milk zombies and vampires and wizards and 80s remakes.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I've loved most of what's come out recently (ie Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Iron Man 1& 2). I'm also looking forward to Green Lantern, the next Batman, and whenever the next Iron Man comes out I'll be seeing it. As long as they make good action movies that non comic book nerds like myself can watch and enjoy I'll be watching the interesting looking ones.
          "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
          - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

It's a phase. For a while it was westerns, another time it was teen movies, at yet another time political thrillers. Only the gods know what it will be in a year or two.

Comment

They realized they can make mass amounts of money from these movies so they keep producing them. Its all about the bottom line, and right now it shows that these movies bring in revenue.
              sigpic

Comment

There's obviously a market for good superhero movies. To be honest, most of them're just a new strain of the tried and true summer blockbuster full of sfx explosions and action. Others [like The Dark Knight] are just good movies, period. And then there're the ones that just suck and make no money [the 2nd Punisher movie, Jonah Hex].
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Honestly, I think we don't have enough superhero movies. There are so many great comic books which have not been adapted into films. I WANT MORE!

Comment

I've been sick of them from the moment they started coming out of the woodworks this decade. I went to see spiderman 1 and the hulk when they came out in the cinema's and they didn't quite do it for me. Other then watchmen (too long and booooring, it started out good but completely fell apart somewhere) I was wise enough not to watch any of this type of movies in the cinema again. Some of the others I watched or tried watching on TV. Fantastic 4 2 was decent but did not want to make me watch either Fantastic 4 1 or a potential 3. Hellboy I just turned off after a few minutes. It was booorrrrringgg. And let's not get into the transformer movies... The one with will smith was pretty good but then mostly because it was more of a parody on the genre. Unfortunatly my negative experience with most of these films has gotten me biased with what is probably one of the better ones (iron man). In can't bring myself to watching it yet though, but I might.

The only good one was the batman reboot, haven't seen the newer batman with heath ledger but I definatly will if I happen to stumble on it somewhere.
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I skipped to the bottom but I LOVE Superhero movies, I am a bit of a comic book nerd so I love to see all of them but I will say that I am not tired of superhero movies just crappy superhero movies that are trying to make a buck off of a name and not making a movie up to the standards of the comics

I mean lets look at Johan Hex, they were just trying to make a quick buck and that backed fired and they lost millions

So if anyone from Marvel or DC ever comes on here I'm going to say this once

"If you are going to make a film based on your comics do it right or don't do it all"

I bet Jack Kirby is rolling in his grave at the sight of F4, Spiderman 3, and many many more

RIP Jack you will always be remembered by those who actually care about what you made
                      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      So whats the worst that could happen?
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I've been sick of them since the craze began, they do very little for me. Watchmen was good, other than that I've been disappointed with pretty much everything that's come out, especially Iron Man.

Comment

it depends on who it is
                          some superheroes are just so one dimensional that they're unwatchable (I'm looking at you, Batman!), but I've never really been a superhero fan, no. I don't oblect to them in and of themselves, I just can't stand the way so many of them are written
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Getting sick of them too... Nolan's Batman reboot was brilliant though, and Iron Man was entertaining, but other than that it's been meh. Could also be that my preferences in movies have changed, and that I'd have found it awesome five years back.
                            Mia: Don't you hate that?
                            Vincent: Hate what?
                            Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                            Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                            Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                            - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I must admit it is getting rather tiresome. However I do love X-Men (the original cartoon version, not evolution) I do wish the movies were more to the original cartoon. I liked the older Batman movies, haven't watched the new one's cause I don't like Christian Bale as an actor *shrugs* I saw Watchmen cause it looked sooooo good in the trailers, well it was a big letdown. It wasn't a good movie at all IMO.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X