PDA

View Full Version : Season 10

aussie_gal
January 10th, 2005, 12:42 AM
I know this is a big leep but would you guys like to have a season 10 I know that we have to wait and see about how season 9 goes but would you like to see stargate go to 10 or finsh at 9 .

Sheyna-Lou
January 10th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Season 10!!!! As many as possible. I want Stargate to be going on long into my late ninety's, and I'm only 16. What about you?
Shéyna (psyveg)

aussie_gal
January 10th, 2005, 12:48 AM
well I hate to say it but it all depends on teh writing but i would like to see it go for more seasons but i think its going to stop at 10 but we can dream

Sheyna-Lou
January 10th, 2005, 12:51 AM
I hope it stays. The writing has been genius so far. And they can always make programmes and filmns from the books. They can steal fanfiction? I mean, if mine is any good, they can have mine!

Shéyna

Sheyna-Lou
January 10th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Gotta go. I.T ended and will be caught not working soon. Will be back to discuss season 10.
byeeee
Shéyna

aussie_gal
January 10th, 2005, 12:56 AM
I hope it stays. The writing has been genius so far. And they can always make programmes and filmns from the books. They can steal fanfiction? I mean, if mine is any good, they can have mine!

Shéyna

Ok

WraithWarrior
January 10th, 2005, 01:46 AM
It all depends on how and what happens in season 9, but yeah, I hope it carries on for may more seasons. There are lots of storylines that they can use and make. I mean there are about 1.5 billion planets in the Milky Way that they could visit and they have only currently visited about 300-400 planets at most. There could be many more Goa'uld to defeat and many more races to meet.

Qtyled
January 10th, 2005, 01:54 AM
It all depends on Season 9. If they continue the way they are going I think they should go for Season 10: SG-1 is still better than a lot of shows on TV. Whether they will do that is another matter.

Plus, I figure if your getting that close to double figures, you may as well. :)

po134
January 10th, 2005, 09:40 AM
I would love a season 10 !!!

aschen
January 10th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Season 9 probably hasn't even been written yet and you're already asking for another one? lol.

norriski
January 10th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I'd love to see the show go on to season 10 and beyond...the possibility of stories are nearly unlimited. I know that some people question the quality of the writing in the last few season but at least to me while there are a few ep's that I don't care for, overall the writing of this show IMHO is in the top 5 of all shows on TV currently.

somme
January 10th, 2005, 11:06 AM
I think it could go on longer.

But if they wanna end it on season 9 they could at leats pull 20 more stories from their asses and end the series on an even number of seasons. Don't ask me why. :p

masterchief117
January 10th, 2005, 11:15 AM
season 9 is most liikely the end but if they make a season 10 they have
to find a way to get hammond (don s davis) and o,neill (richard dean anderson
) back cause without them season 9 is going downwards but a season 10 is
impossible without them.

from the crazzie aussie

shelsfc
January 10th, 2005, 01:55 PM
I'd like to see S10, but I'll wait & see how S9 goes first!

Osiris-RA
January 10th, 2005, 02:33 PM
A show can only last so long. If it keeps hobbling along with a dying point, there's probably not much of a chance for it. BUT, if it continues on with answering unanswered questions, "like who the heck are the furlings, what were those huge aliens that spoke Mayan, what happened to Danny Boy's grandpa, etc, It can keep going. A season 10 means, they've succeeded in keeping us attached.

That would probably call for a soap like teaser ending, watch and see the conclusion[?] in next weeks exciting episode of ... without the corny love stories and stuff though. :D

D.C.
January 10th, 2005, 02:51 PM
If the new character dynamic and stories of Season Nine work, then I'd definately like to see a Season Ten.

aussie_gal
January 10th, 2005, 03:57 PM
It all depends on how and what happens in season 9, but yeah, I hope it carries on for may more seasons. There are lots of storylines that they can use and make. I mean there are about 1.5 billion planets in the Milky Way that they could visit and they have only currently visited about 300-400 planets at most. There could be many more Goa'uld to defeat and many more races to meet.

yeah i agree i guess we have to wait and see.

season 9 is most liikely the end but if they make a season 10 they have to find a way to get hammond (don s davis) and o,neill (richard dean anderson) back cause without them season 9 is going downwards but a season 10 is impossible without them from the crazzie aussie

I agree with that but like i said before i think we just have to wait and see.

aschen Season 9 probably hasn't even been written yet and you're already asking for another one? lol. aschen

Wel i guess if theres a demand there that it might happen

aAnubiSs
January 10th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I'd like Season 10 ordered now. That way the writers know they have 40 eps and can make some long, good, CONNECTED episodes. Go b5-style!

D.C.
January 10th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah, that's a good point.

alz0rz
January 10th, 2005, 04:24 PM
I'd go for as many seasons as possible - but it will only keep it's touch as long as there are those neat storylines :D But really I would definately want a S10+

D.C.
January 10th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I think they should approach Season Nine like a pilot.

aussie_gal
January 10th, 2005, 04:34 PM
I'd like Season 10 ordered now. That way the writers know they have 40 eps and can make some long, good, CONNECTED episodes. Go b5-style!

Yeah true

Erik Bloodaxe
January 10th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Well, yeah, if season 9 continues the upward momentum and the series keeps improving in quality like a fine wine, then a season 10 would definitely be a good idea. Ending in season 9 would be fitting for the number of chevrons, but a season 10 would take them to just over 200 episodes. :D

-Bloodaxe

aussie_gal
January 11th, 2005, 12:11 AM
Yeah nice round figure

the_fours
January 11th, 2005, 01:29 AM
i'd love it to go on, they dont seem to want to stop just like we dont want them to stop, i believe the introduction of new regulars has exciting potential for the series and if the show does continue it can continue even if RDA left and only came on as a guest character every now and then.

ibwolf
January 11th, 2005, 02:46 AM
As long as the show is feeling fresh and telling good stories, I say keep it up.

Actually, based on that criteria there probably shouldn't have been a season 8, but I'm hopefull that the changes they are planning for season 9 will reinvigorate the show.

Qasim
January 11th, 2005, 03:11 AM
it should go on forever

somebody on another post said that if they wanted to wrap up all the unfinished storylines they would need at least 50 more episodes.

but perhaps there will be a spin-off series for that.

aussie_gal
January 11th, 2005, 03:14 PM
As long as the show is feeling fresh and telling good stories, I say keep it up.

Actually, based on that criteria there probably shouldn't have been a season 8, but I'm hopefull that the changes they are planning for season 9 will reinvigorate the show.

Yeah i quess if that doesn't happen there wont be anoother season

Mio
January 11th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Unfortunetly, If a season 10 is written, it will seem more detached from the series. If the writers knew in advance that they had another season with which to work with, the season would be spectacular, however, since the final word won't be said until Season 9 is already written, It will not be as good.

gatebee
January 11th, 2005, 05:22 PM
SG1 can go 10, 11, and more as long as the stories are good. They will need a good core of players with good chemistry. RDA's leaving is crucial so a good replacement is vital for the survival. I for one like RDA very much but he wants to have a life with his daughter which I think is great.

Gatebee :D :D :D

Mr. Seven
January 11th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I think Season 10 is a sure thing. Having Ben Browder on the show is a big plus and will surely boost ratings. He'll get a lot of Farscape fans to watch it, plus SG1 already has a very loyal fanbase as it is. Bringing him in will shake things up in a good way I'm sure character wise.

This is a very smart move on SCIFI's part. They missed the chance at putting Joe Flanigan on SG1 (he's awesome on Atlantis anyway), but having a more established figure on the SG1 team will be even better. Perhaps SG1 will catch up to Atlantis in the ratings.

Also, it would be weird to end on an odd number.

DelTrax1
January 11th, 2005, 05:34 PM
I think with adding new Characters into the show they are looking to do more than Season 10. I would be surprised if they didn't make it to atleast Season 15. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

Sam & Jack Shipper
January 11th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I think they should approach Season Nine like a pilot.
Since it is going to basically be a new show, in a sense that is what it will be.

D.C.
January 11th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Hopefully they approach it like Atlantis and take the time to make new character dynamics instead of introducing the new characters as obvious replacements. :)

keshou
January 11th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Hopefully they approach it like Atlantis and take the time to make new character dynamics instead of introducing the new characters as obvious replacements. :)
Very good point. I hope so as well. It's like they're slowly morphing SG-1 into a spin-off without ever ceasing production of the original show. I'm very curious to see if they can pull it off.

LordAnubis
January 11th, 2005, 07:50 PM
I know this is a big leep but would you guys like to have a season 10 I know that we have to wait and see about how season 9 goes but would you like to see stargate go to 10 or finsh at 9 .
Frell yeah. I just wanna see some unfinished arcs finished and get some answers.

LordAnubis
January 11th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Can they do that? You mean like that Farscape guy?

D.C.
January 11th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah, and Claudia Black and the inevitable new commander of the SGC. They don't have to do much, just make sure that all the cast have a strong dynamic.

aussie_gal
January 12th, 2005, 04:37 AM
I think Season 10 is a sure thing. Having Ben Browder on the show is a big plus and will surely boost ratings. He'll get a lot of Farscape fans to watch it, plus SG1 already has a very loyal fanbase as it is. Bringing him in will shake things up in a good way I'm sure character wise.

This is a very smart move on SCIFI's part. They missed the chance at putting Joe Flanigan on SG1 (he's awesome on Atlantis anyway), but having a more established figure on the SG1 team will be even better. Perhaps SG1 will catch up to Atlantis in the ratings.

Also, it would be weird to end on an odd number.

Yeah it would. But what sucks is with stargate down in australia is the channel its shown on they keep taking if off a couple of weeks and they keep on moving the time slot. Stargate definalty be more popular in aus if they would stop moving it around.