PDA

View Full Version : Cos and TJ sitting in a tree...

bobsuncorp
June 13th, 2010, 12:37 AM
I will freely admit that I may be way off base here, but when Cos walked into sickbay (or the temp sickbay) and asked if he could help I got a sudden suspicion that should he survive and be one of the few "friendly" LA members who will remain on the ship (which is how I think it will end) then he and TJ would end up having a romantic storyline.

I think it may be because I have watched so many tv shows where romantic rivals are introduced for the sake of drama that I can spot them right at the start, and given that he was a) new, b) the right age, and c) sympathetic yet still from the "wrong side of the tracks" he filled all the basic criteria.

After all, if TJ loses the baby, Young shuts her out to deal with his own pain and maybe even tries to reconcile with his wife now that she's single again, and he is still on the ship, not trying to kill anyone and in fact working with her as a nurse (maybe he even saves her life) then is it so unrealistic?

Or have I been watching too many teen dramas?

Heap on scorn if you wish, but I shall expect an apology thread if I turn out to be right!

VampyreWraith
June 13th, 2010, 12:40 AM
i personally can see tj with varro

Dr. Rushberg
June 13th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Hi everyone, first-time poster poster here :)

Actually I think it's more probable that Varro and TJ will end up together. The guy didn't after all treat her like the rest of the LA did. That could be because she saved his life, but I think Varro (and probably Cos, too) are somewhat of the "good guys" in the LA and will side with the crew if Darric (if that's the bald guy's name) is left in charge for to long.
Maybe TJ will blame Young for the death of her baby, maybe she'll say he didn't do enough to save her and decide to be with Varro instead, which will make Young even more emo than he is now ;)
Anyways... Those are my speculations :)

Coronach
June 13th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Not so sure about any romantic entanglements just yet, but I really hope that the characters of Cos and Varro stay around for a while, as they seemed like "good guys" and might be very interesting to have around. :D

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 13th, 2010, 05:22 AM
FYI bald LA dudes name is Dannic not Darric.

DB10
June 13th, 2010, 05:34 AM
It could be possible they hook up, but what isn't? :P I liked Cos and Varro very much, because I like the actor. He played Kyrik and Odai Ventrell very well and by the looks he's doing the samen with Varro. I'll hope they keep him (and Cos) alive and give him much more than 1 episode, instead of his other Stargate characters which only got one episode.

fmbchris
June 13th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I think Kiva and Ray will have a lesbian love child. That is if Kiva makes it. I bet Kiva could drive an 18 wheeler just like a man.

General Jumper One
June 13th, 2010, 07:23 AM
I think Kiva and Ray will have a lesbian love child. That is if Kiva makes it. I bet Kiva could drive an 18 wheeler just like a man.

Its Wray, and I think Kiva won't make it, (just my opinion, but we will just have to wait till September 28)

fmbchris
June 13th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Its Wray, and I think Kiva won't make it, (just my opinion, but we will just have to wait till September 28)

Sorry about my poor spelling General.

General Jumper One
June 13th, 2010, 08:27 AM

Its alright Sergeant, just don't do it again or you will face Court Martial :P

Pharaoh Atem
June 13th, 2010, 09:07 AM

it's ok i'll just give him extra duty shifts in the mess. becker likes the help :)

Zkyire
June 13th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Why is it whenever a man or woman is mildly nice to another man/woman it's "Oh they should get together!" "SHIP! SHIP! SHIP!"

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 13th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I will freely admit that I may be way off base here, but when Cos walked into sickbay (or the temp sickbay) and asked if he could help I got a sudden suspicion that should he survive and be one of the few "friendly" LA members who will remain on the ship (which is how I think it will end) then he and TJ would end up having a romantic storyline.

I think it may be because I have watched so many tv shows where romantic rivals are introduced for the sake of drama that I can spot them right at the start, and given that he was a) new, b) the right age, and c) sympathetic yet still from the "wrong side of the tracks" he filled all the basic criteria.

After all, if TJ loses the baby, Young shuts her out to deal with his own pain and maybe even tries to reconcile with his wife now that she's single again, and he is still on the ship, not trying to kill anyone and in fact working with her as a nurse (maybe he even saves her life) then is it so unrealistic?

Or have I been watching too many teen dramas?

Heap on scorn if you wish, but I shall expect an apology thread if I turn out to be right!

no scorn, I thought that too - not shipping of course - but we're not dealing with some mindless criminal thug type. I think those LA guys were affected that TJ would try so hard to save their lives, and that it didn't matter to her that they were the enemy. I;m hoping he survives too

VampyreWraith
June 13th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Why is it whenever a man or woman is mildly nice to another man/woman it's "Oh they should get together!" "SHIP! SHIP! SHIP!"

I'm not shipping TJ and Varro, I'm not really a shipper. but I can see it as a possibillity. I'd actually perfer that to any other ship on the show now.

NurseFG
June 14th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Not going to happen i hope, Im a TJ/Young shipper

bobsuncorp
June 14th, 2010, 01:19 AM

Because they usually do. Its TV. They may not end up being "the" relationship on the show, but a brief romantic plot is far from unheard of.

Kermee
June 14th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Cos and TJ sitting in a tree....
With Col. Everett Young with a shotgun pointed at Varro...BANG!!!

GateroomGuard
June 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Here's the thing Varro and Cos seem nice enough except they both are pirates who would have no problems executing you. And not only that they stood by while Kiva executed people. Their pirates, they boarded your ship, which you don't even want to be on but it's your only way home, they kill your people, take you hostage, threaten to kill you at any moment, execute your friend, and then they act nice to you, then they try to take the other hostages to a firing sqaud, but they keep you alive only because your a medic.

If Cos and Varro are really good people then they should have proved it by at least voicing their disgust at Kiva for murdering a prisoner. But all we've seen is them acting 'nice'. There were people in the SS that were nice, that doesn't change the fact they were cold blooded monsters. Unless season 2 opens with them stopping the executions then their nothing but murdering pirates.

major davis
June 14th, 2010, 02:53 PM
LOL you guys are dreaming. TJ is probably going to

Loose her child

Because of the LA... And if not.. I doubt she'd ever hook up with the LA just because of what they did to Rivers.

Icarium
June 15th, 2010, 02:23 AM
I thought immediately about TJ/Varro because he tried to talk to her so hard. I also think she's going to lose her baby and I don't think she will be eager to meet Young again, that would just be too painful. Because of her relationship with Varro she can even became a kind of mediator between LA and 'our' people, or they both would be kind of leaders trying to convince their parties to co-operate with the other side. There surely will be a lot of tension and distrust. Unless the writers decide to get rid of LA completely or leave only a small amount of their people alive.

NurseFG
June 15th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Im inclined to say that if (when), TJ loses her baby it will bring her closer to Young. At least i hope this happens being a proud shipper haha

bobsuncorp
June 15th, 2010, 02:38 PM
On the one hand I can see how TJ losing her baby would be the answer to a lot of problems and complications down the road (scriptwise). On the other hand, I would feel bad for Alaina if she had to act that part, given that it really is her baby under that blue shirt, and the last thing any parent wants to think about (let alone think about strongly enough to give a believable performance) is losing their baby.

On the other other hand, it would be an easy way to get rid of the bump due to her having given birth in between shooting the finale and the season 2 premiere. At least I think that is how the schedule goes.

Also, I know it's not really important but where did she get that shirt from? Was it Franklin's?

bobsuncorp
June 15th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Woo hoo! Another promotion!

Alan Wake
June 15th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Im inclined to say that if (when), TJ loses her baby it will bring her closure to Young. At least i hope this happens being a proud shipper haha

Fixed. ;)

bobsuncorp
June 16th, 2010, 05:11 AM
After reading what everybody has said I think I agree that Varro is more likely to be sitting in that tree with TJ than Cos, especially since we know that she likes older men. I do like the ship with her and Young though, lets just say that she is waaay hotter than Beverly Crusher. And I feel that being the ships Doctor puts her outside of the chain of command in a way that could make it work.

yanna
June 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I see TJ/Varro too. Either way, pretty much anyone on that ship would be a step up from Young.

bobsuncorp
June 17th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I see TJ/Varro too. Either way, pretty much anyone on that ship would be a step up from Young.

What's wrong with Young? He may have a little too much penis for me but isn't power supposed to be one of the big aphrodisiacs? How else do you explain all those slimy old politicians Lewinskying young women?

yanna
June 17th, 2010, 12:56 PM
What's wrong with Young? He may have a little too much penis for me but isn't power supposed to be one of the big aphrodisiacs? How else do you explain all those slimy old politicians Lewinskying young women?

Ewwww! Where's the brain bleach when you need it?

I can't begin to describe what's wrong with Young. Let's see... married, much older than her, incompetent. And please... what power? When the affair happened they were stationed together on Icarus where pretty much nothing was going on and all the wrong people had been assigned. How exactly did TJ get to see the guy in action and start to hero worship him?

TJ is a good character but the Young connection brings her down. From real life I've noticed that the death of a child is more likely to tear a couple apart than to bring them closer together. See also Jack O'Neill. He and his wife divorced after their son's death. I hope TJ willl drop him now that there is no baby to tie them together anymore.

Kathar of the Hill People
August 31st, 2010, 12:21 PM
Although I don't see the possibility of a romantic relationship.
What I do see is a set up to keep Varro and possibly Cos on board Destiny after the LA is taken care of.
Yes, they are bloodthirsty space pirates, but...so was Teal'c, and even Ronin to a lesser extent.
And that is a huge Stargate element SGU is missing: A hardcore alien team member that is tough enough to face anything, and takes a season to prove loyalty.
Greer is the toughest hombre on board as of now, but he can't hold his own against Teal'c or Ronin.
I think Varro especially fits this role, the actor played a Runner on Atlantis (season 4?), and did a good job going back and from hostile to friendly.
That's my vote, Varro is the new Teal'c, any takers?

General Jumper One
August 31st, 2010, 02:53 PM
i agree/ but you cannot replace Teal'c, EVER!

Vanek26
September 3rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
i agree/ but you cannot replace Teal'c, EVER!

Indeed.