This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli is on a fake diet!

Eli is still fat because he hoards food. Should the series be more realistic, meaning a crash diet 4 all?
    sigpic

I really wish people would stop making threads about Eli's weight.

Comment

I really wish people would stop making threads about Eli's weight.

(If we say it enough, maybe it'll happen!)
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Tom Hanks lost tons of weight for his character. This is a fair statment! Quote (this is the kind of exercise that realy motivates me) Eli Wallis......
        sigpic

Comment

Tom Hanks makes millions of dollars in big-budget movies. Totally different.

Comment

Ok! I guess I should just imagine him getting thinner for free
            sigpic

Comment

Tom Hanks also wore a dress in the 80s
              sigpic

Comment

Going thin for a movie and going thin for a series are two completely different things.

Comment

Plus it's a lot harder for someone like David Blue to lose a lot of weight, he doesn't have the body type to be all skinny, unfortunately.

Comment

I think, with all the planets they visit to get food and the hydroponics lab working, there really isn't a food shortage any more anyway.

Comment

I agree on that David has a diff body type! I like his character. nothing against the man! But I think hes telling his sick mother a tail when he said he was on sort of a crash diet.....you can do it dave... be the next Tom Hanks!
                      sigpic

Comment

I think it's allright with Eli to be a bit fat. It gives him some charming, so to say And if he goes thin, he would be like... standard? He's now a very interesting character - a lazy genius gamer, who spends a lot of time home and doesn't want to work. Oh, "spent", I mean Now he's travelling through space

Comment

The problem is that was tubby when the show started. Expecting someone to lose a lot of weight while shooting a TV show is pretty unrealistic. There isn't going to be a lot of time for an actor to be spending lots of time at the gym, working out. The shooting schedule is just too demanding as far as time goes.

You're just going to have to suspend your disbelief a little bit.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Ever watch Lost?

Eli (character) never joins in with the excercise programs because he is either working for Rush or spying on Rush for Young or editing his documentary. In other words, sitting down. The only time he gets any excercise is when he goes on missions, and that is not exactly a proper regime, more like "go for a stroll, then run for your life, go home, collapse, repeat 2-5 days later".

Then there is his diet. There is simply no way he can have a balanced diet because they cannot really control what food groups they have access to, and the same foodstuffs that are keeping all the running around people alive due to high carbohydrates are not helping the sedentiary people look good for the beach.

I have been wondering though, who's shirt is TJ wearing? Someone with a belly. Is it Franklin's? (now thats a crash diet! 200lb to 0lb in 2 minutes!)
                            "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

At least Destiny Eli can lose weight, unlike Vampire Eli. And Vampire Eli never got out of his basement so he got even less exercise than Destiny Eli. Maybe Vampire Eli took a permanent cure to become human again and became Destiny Eli. That would make sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X