PDA

View Full Version : Eli is on a fake diet!

fmbchris
June 12th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Eli is still fat because he hoards food. Should the series be more realistic, meaning a crash diet 4 all?

dgh64
June 12th, 2010, 11:38 PM
I really wish people would stop making threads about Eli's weight.

MattSilver 3k
June 12th, 2010, 11:40 PM

(If we say it enough, maybe it'll happen!)

fmbchris
June 12th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Tom Hanks lost tons of weight for his character. This is a fair statment! Quote (this is the kind of exercise that realy motivates me) Eli Wallis......

dgh64
June 12th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Tom Hanks makes millions of dollars in big-budget movies. Totally different.

fmbchris
June 12th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Ok! I guess I should just imagine him getting thinner for free

fmbchris
June 12th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Tom Hanks also wore a dress in the 80s

Demerzel
June 12th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Going thin for a movie and going thin for a series are two completely different things.

Demerzel
June 12th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Plus it's a lot harder for someone like David Blue to lose a lot of weight, he doesn't have the body type to be all skinny, unfortunately.

dgh64
June 12th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I think, with all the planets they visit to get food and the hydroponics lab working, there really isn't a food shortage any more anyway.

fmbchris
June 13th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I agree on that David has a diff body type! I like his character. nothing against the man! But I think hes telling his sick mother a tail when he said he was on sort of a crash diet.....you can do it dave... be the next Tom Hanks!

Shahor
June 13th, 2010, 12:12 AM
I think it's allright with Eli to be a bit fat. It gives him some charming, so to say :) And if he goes thin, he would be like... standard? He's now a very interesting character - a lazy genius gamer, who spends a lot of time home and doesn't want to work. Oh, "spent", I mean :) Now he's travelling through space :)

Avenger
June 13th, 2010, 12:23 AM
The problem is that was tubby when the show started. Expecting someone to lose a lot of weight while shooting a TV show is pretty unrealistic. There isn't going to be a lot of time for an actor to be spending lots of time at the gym, working out. The shooting schedule is just too demanding as far as time goes.

You're just going to have to suspend your disbelief a little bit.

bobsuncorp
June 13th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Ever watch Lost?

Eli (character) never joins in with the excercise programs because he is either working for Rush or spying on Rush for Young or editing his documentary. In other words, sitting down. The only time he gets any excercise is when he goes on missions, and that is not exactly a proper regime, more like "go for a stroll, then run for your life, go home, collapse, repeat 2-5 days later".

Then there is his diet. There is simply no way he can have a balanced diet because they cannot really control what food groups they have access to, and the same foodstuffs that are keeping all the running around people alive due to high carbohydrates are not helping the sedentiary people look good for the beach.

I have been wondering though, who's shirt is TJ wearing? Someone with a belly. Is it Franklin's? (now thats a crash diet! 200lb to 0lb in 2 minutes!)

Demerzel
June 13th, 2010, 01:03 AM
At least Destiny Eli can lose weight, unlike Vampire Eli. And Vampire Eli never got out of his basement so he got even less exercise than Destiny Eli. Maybe Vampire Eli took a permanent cure to become human again and became Destiny Eli. That would make sense.

Alan Wake
June 13th, 2010, 01:04 AM

(If we say it enough, maybe it'll happen!)

Seriously, this thread is just plain rude. At least give a little respect to the actor.

Demerzel
June 13th, 2010, 01:05 AM

Seriously, this thread is just plain rude.

It would be even more rude if someone made a post about Vampire Eli (Eli 1.0) being better at Guitar Heroes than Destiny Eli.

meo3000
June 13th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Its the actors choice. Im sure if he said he wanted a personal trainer to help him gradually loose weight to make his character more believable, the producers would pay for it. Some actors are committed, for others, its a job.

I know if i was paid to be in a show im a fan of, and provided help to loose a few pounds, i wouldnt say no. But thats just me. Like i said, its a personal choice.

GenieinaZPM
June 13th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I think he looks fine the way he is. I like a little meat on a man, and he's definitely an attractive guy (to me - personal opinion, of course). And besides, his weight has nothing to do with his acting ability. I love watching him onscreen. He's my favorite character so far.

So yes, I agree with
I REALLY WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT ELI'S WEIGHT!

thekillman
June 13th, 2010, 03:31 AM

also dieting is NOWHERE near as simple as people think it is. loosing weight is quite easy. staying that way is hard. besides your body loves status quo and sufficient energy, it percieves dieting as a lack of food and it will resist loosing lots of reserve.

my boss however has a rather strange yet also quite logical diet. never combine sugars and fat. things that have it mixed in high amounts are forbidden. deserts only 2 hours or so after diner. for everything else, he can eat what he wants.

further though, Eli is a somewhat short, heavy-built person. at healthy weights he'll look fat.

jelgate
June 13th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Besides being a personal insult do to David Blue its not realastic given the span of time a season of Stargate is produced.

Coronach
June 13th, 2010, 05:59 AM
*facepalm*

Seriously? How many threads like this do we really need? One would have thought the first would have been too much already...

:(

[EDIT] On second thought, OP is a troll...don't feed it.

Skydiver
June 13th, 2010, 06:12 AM
And if i keep closing them maybe people will stop harping on a person's weight and start talking about more important things, like their actions on the show or the such.