The Greer ploy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Greer ploy.

Seemed a bit of a risky maneuver to try don't you think? Young knew full well that the LA had at least one spy on Icarus, what's to say they didn't have intel on the personnel? I was half-expecting Kiva to call him out on it when he tried to introduce Greer as a medic.

Maybe he really does have medical training though. This might have been foreshadowing for Greer to display some real medical skills in a future episode. Obviously hes a soldier first, but he could have medic friends and learned a few things.

Comment

Young did not introduce him as 'Sergeant Greer' did he?

Comment

don't forget Greer as an inventor! Oh the plot thickens
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paladine View Post
          Maybe he really does have medical training though. This might have been foreshadowing for Greer to display some real medical skills in a future episode. Obviously hes a soldier first, but he could have medic friends and learned a few things.
          It that was true he would have been helping TJ in past episodes when medical concerns came up
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            It that was true he would have been helping TJ in past episodes when medical concerns came up
            He did in Sabotage.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              He did in Sabotage.
              But doing medical work?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't remember seeing him helping out TJ in sabotage..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  I don't remember seeing him helping out TJ in sabotage..
                  he came in right after the ship dropped out and said something like " TJ what can we help you with".

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
                    Seemed a bit of a risky maneuver to try don't you think? Young knew full well that the LA had at least one spy on Icarus, what's to say they didn't have intel on the personnel? I was half-expecting Kiva to call him out on it when he tried to introduce Greer as a medic.
                    they had to try something and sending a soldier/FBI agent/cop in as a medic is pretty standard fare for any number of shows
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      But doing medical work?
                      His exact quote to TJ: "Put [me and Park] to work!"

TJ points, Greer goes off and plays doctor.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Paladine View Post
                        greer didn't seem to compassionate to scott in air pt 3 when scott was nearly dying from heat exsuagtion
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          His exact quote to TJ: "Put [me and Park] to work!"

TJ points, Greer goes off and plays doctor.
                          yeah, I'm sure he's seen, and made, enough messes of people that he could bandage someone up or ask if they're okay. If nothing else, he's muscle and can help move people around.

I'm not a medic either and I could manage the absolute basics too, probably a lot of us could pull it off once we got used to the sight of blood and I think Greer's past that
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            greer didn't seem to compassionate to scott in air pt 3 when scott was nearly dying from heat exsuagtion
                            To be fair, he was trying to get him back to the gate before they were stranded. They didn't have time for Greer to assess Scott's medical condition and then try to treat him.

And doesn't everyone in the military get basic field medical training? Dressing wounds and such?

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                              You don't die from heat exhaustion, you die from heat stroke--and he wasn't quite there yet. As an example, sometimes a nurse might have to force an elderly patient to walk even if he or she wants to use a wheel chair, because in the end it helps the person and if they really are incapable of walking, their body wouldn't let them. So in the Air Pt 3 situation, Greer saves Scott's life by forcing him to run, even if on the surface it seems mean.

I definitely don't think that Greer has medical training, though, except perhaps standard first aid skills, which make him perfectly capable of bandaging and other basics. I think trying to pass him off as a medic was just an attempt by Young to get TJ out--there isn't really any strategic advantage having Greer as an unarmed hostage with the LA gang. In fact, he's the kind of guy that they'll definitely want with a weapon in his hand when the time comes to take the ship back by force.

Comment

Working...
                              X