PDA

View Full Version : What is Scott and Greer going to find? (speculation/comedy)

pipi
June 12th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Two guys in space suits running towards an unexplored area of the ship. They drop inside and they find?

Utitan
June 12th, 2010, 07:16 AM
They were running to the forward compartments to be able to get in the ship and in the protection of the reinforced shield to the top of the ship.. Now. they may very well find something next season. The suites will prob prove to be useful on that end of the ship.

beire
June 12th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Chuck Norris and he ends the LA attack! :D

JustAnotherVoice
June 12th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Two guys in space suits running towards an unexplored area of the ship. They drop inside and they find?

Sounds like the beginning of a bad joke...

...so on that theme: the Duracell bunny, the Energizer bunny and Schnuffel. Between them, they never stop.

Zkyire
June 12th, 2010, 07:59 AM

I'd wager Chloe and Eli.

frostwolf
June 12th, 2010, 08:23 AM
They will most likely meet up with Cloe and Eli. They will probably then stumble upon a new section of the ship that is vital to the operation of the ship. I really hope its the bridge. Could be the enginering section or maybe a huge cargo bay with supplies or equipment the ancients stashed aboard for their eventual arrival on the ship.

JM has said they built a massive new set for the second season.

thekillman
June 12th, 2010, 08:24 AM
a hamster in a threadwheel, coke, cola, beer,spirits, ghosts, aliens, ancients, BAG, Janus, Amelius, a black hole, a ZPM, magnets, naquahdriah, a Mark IX, a replicator, FRAN in leather, bug replicator, Xenomorphs, Predators, Chloe, Eli, Franklin, an ascended, two asgard, a Furling and three nox.

that's probably 90% of all replies to come

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 12th, 2010, 08:26 AM
they'll run into a very out of breath Eli...and a room full of angry badgers

beire
June 12th, 2010, 08:40 AM
A repository of knowledge!

Elite Anubis Guard
June 12th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Well it's gonna be Eli, isn't it. He's running to open the door for them after all...

After that, I'm sure they find something important.

beire
June 12th, 2010, 08:44 AM
The last episode of season 2 on a dvd so they know how it ends and then they can try to make it end different!

Captain Obvious
June 12th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I bet they find Snirkles and Glomer.

Occulus
June 12th, 2010, 10:19 AM
They will most likely meet up with Cloe and Eli. They will probably then stumble upon a new section of the ship that is vital to the operation of the ship. I really hope its the bridge. Could be the enginering section or maybe a huge cargo bay with supplies or equipment the ancients stashed aboard for their eventual arrival on the ship.

Lest we forget: we've seen concept art for the bridge already. It was one of the drawings released prior to the premiere.

Azzers
June 12th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I think it's quite obvious they'll find Joe Mallozzi's dog. I mean, the cuteness factor would just destroy the scene, but how could the LA keep fighting after that?

beire
June 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
An Ancient SM room?

Facial La Fleur
June 12th, 2010, 12:53 PM
At some point -- maybe not Scott and Greer but by someone -- the presence of an ascended ancient will most definitely be discovered, even if unintentional.

Kanten
June 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Obligatory 'Franklin' response.

rlr149
June 12th, 2010, 01:58 PM
why not just walk to the side of the ship facing away from the orbiting stars. if you can survive within the ship with a single shield layer and a hull, 2 layers of shield and an entire ship between you and the radiation should be more than sufficient.

they're making it harder than it needs to be:confused:

LoneStar1836
June 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM
a hamster in a threadwheel, coke, cola, beer,spirits, ghosts, aliens, ancients, BAG, Janus, Amelius, a black hole, a ZPM, magnets, naquahdriah, a Mark IX, a replicator, FRAN in leather, bug replicator, Xenomorphs, Predators, Chloe, Eli, Franklin, an ascended, two asgard, a Furling and three nox.

that's probably 90% of all replies to comeIn addition to all that, they find Jimmy Hoffa's body in stasis and Elvis eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich. :P Hoffa can unionize the LA. ;)

Demonique
June 12th, 2010, 02:22 PM
In addition to all that, they find Jimmy Hoffa's body in stasis and Elvis eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich. :P Hoffa can unionize the LA. ;)

And Rodney McKay being chased by an anthromorphic lemon

bobsuncorp
June 12th, 2010, 02:45 PM
why not just walk to the side of the ship facing away from the orbiting stars. if you can survive within the ship with a single shield layer and a hull, 2 layers of shield and an entire ship between you and the radiation should be more than sufficient.

AHA I actually have a sciency answer based on stuff from the ep not just stuff I made up! Woohoo!

Ahem. Anyway, when discussing how they could change the shield strength they (I think it was the scientist chick) said that they could put the majority of shield strength on the side facing the pulsar but that they would still need minimal shield on the side facing away. The reason for this is because when exposed to radiation or other energy like that the energy wave would be strongest on the near side, but it would also wrap around the ship to a certain extent, affecting the other side although to a far lesser degree. Maybe there would be one spot right in the middle of the ship on the far side which would not be affected but it would be a bit risky to bet your life on that.

Also they need the entire ship to be encompassed in some kind of shield when they go to FTL don't they?

frostwolf
June 12th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Lest we forget: we've seen concept art for the bridge already. It was one of the drawings released prior to the premiere.

Cool I must have missed that I don't read his blog daily. Any chance you can link that one?

pipi
June 12th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I want them to find an Ancient weapons room. Maybe some sort of stun gun, would be handy against the Lucian Alliance.

StarShadow
June 12th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Amelia Earhart

fmbchris
June 13th, 2010, 07:02 AM
A half Franklin half Robot Virus type entity. After making friends with it by feeding it some Beef Jerky that Greer has packed in his suit, the three of them together kill everone that would hurt Destiny! And then have a drink at Brody's

garhkal
June 13th, 2010, 07:21 AM

That to me would have made more sense than sendin them running for an opening far enough away they have a TIGHT window to make it.

fmbchris
June 13th, 2010, 08:09 AM
A port-a-John with all the secrets of destiny written in shat house wall logic.

marty2006
June 13th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Eli?

rlr149
June 13th, 2010, 11:59 AM
AHA I actually have a sciency answer based on stuff from the ep not just stuff I made up! Woohoo!

Ahem. Anyway, when discussing how they could change the shield strength they (I think it was the scientist chick) said that they could put the majority of shield strength on the side facing the pulsar but that they would still need minimal shield on the side facing away. The reason for this is because when exposed to radiation or other energy like that the energy wave would be strongest on the near side, but it would also wrap around the ship to a certain extent, affecting the other side although to a far lesser degree. Maybe there would be one spot right in the middle of the ship on the far side which would not be affected but it would be a bit risky to bet your life on that.

Also they need the entire ship to be encompassed in some kind of shield when they go to FTL don't they?

i'll buy that to some extent, the ship isn't exactly 'smooth lines' though,

go to far side of ship, find highest ridges/deepest gullies(for want of better descriptions), hunker down, boast for weeks how you survived a binary pulsar blast in just a spacesuit............. because thats just how awesome you are!!:cool:

pipi
June 13th, 2010, 08:10 PM

I'd just like to add that the dimensions of Destiny does not make it easy to run from one side to the other, compared with running up and down one side. That probably plays second to the theory that everything outside the shield will be vaporised due to the gamma rays wrapping around the ship.

SGboy
June 13th, 2010, 08:11 PM
hopefully Eli saving them from radiation.

Utitan
June 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Thought the same thing.. Willing to bet they ducked on the down side of the ship to escape.. It's a show doesnt have to be perfect.

ArchaeoNerd
June 15th, 2010, 12:45 PM
The last Ba'al clone.

ArchaeoNerd

bobsuncorp
June 16th, 2010, 06:40 AM
I just rewatched the pilot and noticed this, in the first few seconds. Wow those guys plan ahead don't they? I think this is the point of access that Rush was referring to:

click on thumbnail to enlarge:

Steelbox
June 16th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I bet an Control room to regain the ability to control lost to the LA and some way to save those that where shot in the "med" bay.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 16th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I just rewatched the pilot and noticed this, in the first few seconds. Wow those guys plan ahead don't they? I think this is the point of access that Rush was referring to:

I really think they do, which makes watching so neat :)

GenieinaZPM
June 16th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I'm gonna say a bunch of Fraggles having tea and dumplings with the crew of Serenity and Badger (cuz he's awesome).

Also, BAG.

bobsuncorp
June 16th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Here are the possibilities for what I think they will find:

A stasis chamber containing a very old Col Young
A mirror that whisks them away to a parallel universe
A tribesman that says "Donny Way!"
A couple of video game consoles that in fact give divine instruction to 2 warring primative cultures
A squid alien who tortures them asking "What Fate Ama Roka?!"
A robot who kidnaps them and transfers their minds to other robots
ANOTHER species of replicator humanoids.

jelgate
June 16th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Here are the possibilities for what I think they will find:

A stasis chamber containing a very old Col Young
A mirror that whisks them away to a parallel universe
A tribesman that says "Donny Way!"
A couple of video game consoles that in fact give divine instruction to 2 warring primative cultures
A squid alien who tortures them asking "What Fate Ama Roka?!"
A robot who kidnaps them and transfers their minds to other robots
ANOTHER species of replicator humanoids.

Those have all been done before:P

This is Jelgate fun sucking once again

GateroomGuard
June 16th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Those have all been done before:P

This is Jelgate fun sucking once again

But these are the Ancients were talking about. They live to repeat the same stuff over and over. Our robots tried to kill us? Try again.

hedwig
June 16th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Franklin in flowing white robes, surrounded by glowy white mist, floating above the floor, arms raised in welcome while intoning "Hallowed is Franklin". :D

GateroomGuard
June 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Franklin in flowing white robes, surrounded by glowy white mist, floating above the floor, arms raised in welcome while intoning "Hallowed is Franklin". :D

And then the BAG is his fiery glory shall smite thee Franklin with his notepad of vengeance before laying waste upon the Lucian Alliance infidels who dared to take his disciple hostage.

hedwig
June 16th, 2010, 05:12 PM
And then the BAG is his fiery glory shall smite thee Franklin with his notepad of vengeance before laying waste upon the Lucian Alliance infidels who dared to take his disciple hostage.

:lol:

bobsuncorp
June 17th, 2010, 04:36 AM
But these are the Ancients were talking about. They live to repeat the same stuff over and over. Our robots tried to kill us? Try again.

I've actually had a theory ever since SGA that the scientist who created Reese - the android who created the Milky Way replicators - was an Ancient. In fact one of the refugees from Atlantis who returned to Milky Way and probably was on the original Replicator project. I think he decided to create Reese as a companion rather than a weapon and made her a droid rather than a cell based replicator to make her less of a threat. Still, I like the idea that the same guy was partially responsible for the replicators in both galaxies.

garhkal
June 18th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I can't see that thumbnail you are on about.

iloveteyla
June 18th, 2010, 10:20 AM
nor can i

talyn2k1
June 18th, 2010, 04:21 PM
This has always been my thought too. Wasn't this semi-confirmed via conjecture in an SGA episode involving FRAN or FRANWeir? I can't remember the ep but I seem to recall one of them mentioning Reese and her potential Ancient origins.

I've actually had a theory ever since SGA that the scientist who created Reese - the android who created the Milky Way replicators - was an Ancient. In fact one of the refugees from Atlantis who returned to Milky Way and probably was on the original Replicator project. I think he decided to create Reese as a companion rather than a weapon and made her a droid rather than a cell based replicator to make her less of a threat. Still, I like the idea that the same guy was partially responsible for the replicators in both galaxies.

Pharaoh Atem
June 18th, 2010, 04:23 PM

the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

NavyGater
June 18th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I think it would be pretty sweet if Scott and Greer found out that thier suits has shield that we made to protect them against micro astorides while doing space walks BUT!!! also work on bullets and they give the LA a good old fation beat down!!!

EllieVee
June 19th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Wallace and Gromit who, because they're thoroughly ingenuious, will be able to fix Destiny with nothing more than a big block of crumbly cheddar.

hedwig
June 19th, 2010, 12:50 PM

A group of officers and scientists in white coats, applauding because Scott and Greer passed the test, and actually made it back inside. It was all a holographic scenario which they had not been clued in to. :D

Quadhelix
June 19th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I've heard this a lot, but the people who said that were always referring to the concept art of the bridge of the shuttle.

The reason for this is because when exposed to radiation or other energy like that the energy wave would be strongest on the near side, but it would also wrap around the ship to a certain extent, affecting the other side although to a far lesser degree.
Incorrect: gamma rays travel in effectively straight lines. If blocked, there is some dispersion, but not enough for it to reach them unless they are standing right at the edge.

The excuse I'm going to use is that the shield itself would be a problem. When the Lucian Alliance soldier was disintegrated by radiation that made it through the shield, he was the only one harmed, because he was the only one not also shielded by the hull. This means that if the shield, for example, redistributes the radiation over the entire surface of the ship (for example), then anyone outside would still be in trouble.

YsoL8
June 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Wallace and Gromit who, because they're thoroughly ingenuious, will be able to fix Destiny with nothing more than a big block of crumbly cheddar.

;)

Ra.

And a handy time dilation device which he used to escape his ship when O'Neil nuked it - which malfunctioned and transported him to a small 5ft ancient bathroom on the Destiny. Where he's been stuck ever since. Epic story arch they were planning when they wrote the movie.

Krisz
June 28th, 2010, 07:39 PM
A malfunctioning Ancient holodeck, stuck on the Canadian forest setting!

SG7
June 29th, 2010, 12:08 PM

Only problem is, they had already found tons of crates of stuff but if I remember right, Young said not to open them. So we do have crates of stuff already, we just need to open them up and see what's inside them.

SG7
June 29th, 2010, 12:16 PM
A port-a-John with all the secrets of destiny written in shat house wall logic.

They find a port-a-john with messages scribbled on the walls that say "for a good time dial...." with a bunch of hyroglyph symbols for the gate addresses

Sami_
July 3rd, 2010, 07:09 AM

that's probably 90% of all replies to come

Predator xenomorphs ftw

spinny magee
July 13th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I'll explain this through story.

(Greer and Scott come through airlock)
Greer: Why, what VERY convienient timing.
Scott: yeah wheres eli?
Greer: Oh dear......
(Eli is down on their feet near dead)
Greer: I told him not to run more then 100metres, it's dangerous for him.
Eli: Must.....get.....to......chloe
Scott: Did he say something about Chloe?
Greer: He said he has a friend called tony.
Scott: Oh, well whats that over there?
Greer: That's the machine we ride in through the ship in scene 24.
Scott: Oh ok, that thing has alot of guns
Eli: Ughgrahgjagjkaparljoegangmallozzijgk
Scott: I think we better do something about him.
Greer: The airlock looks safe.....

SG7
August 12th, 2010, 03:42 PM

That they have landed in a room with an ascended Daniel Jackson and an acended Franklin trying to distract a group of the Lucian Alliance by teaching them Con Dancing.

skarwolf
September 10th, 2010, 10:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw0zZttfUaw