PDA

View Full Version : Colonel Telford

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 11th, 2010, 10:10 PM
So what did you guys think about Colonel Telford shooting Kiva?

Pharaoh Atem
June 11th, 2010, 10:17 PM
So what did you guys think about Colonel Telford shooting Kiva?

badass

Azzers
June 11th, 2010, 10:29 PM
One of my several "Yes!" moments.

The thing about Telford was, he wasn't an especially effective character early in the season. It's nice to see him doing more.

Vn70072
June 11th, 2010, 10:36 PM
It was :D when I realized exactly what had happened. I considered the fade to black to quick to have an accurate idea of who shot who at the outset. I felt a bit of a twinge when I saw Telford went down just as hard, but I tip my hat to him.

MattSilver 3k
June 11th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Shame. I wanted Young to do the killing.

But still - badass. Especially since I'm putting money on Telford surviving while Kiva gets the shaft.

GateroomGuard
June 11th, 2010, 11:06 PM
I was glad that the LA still think Telford's on their side. I wonder if Telford will confess it was him that shot Kiva. I'm thinking Telford confesses in order to save the crew since the LA think one of the Destiny crew did it. Of course that's if he wakes up.

Mevi
June 11th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Terrible. Not only did he fail to kill her, he somehow hit the console on the way down and stopped the transfer of systems to Rush/Brodie.

I don't like the Telford character at all. Thus far, I've been spot on as far as my 'SGA reboot' theory...that is, they're alone, lost, without (many) supplies...then all the sudden they get a lifeline to earth...then by the end of season 1, they'll have the makings of more regular contact. Now that we know Icarus isn't just "one of a kind".

carmencatalina
June 11th, 2010, 11:26 PM
then by the end of season 1, they'll have the makings of more regular contact. Now that we know Icarus isn't just "one of a kind".

I wouldn't say they have the makings of "more regular" contact - I doubt they are going to be finding (and destroying!) any more Icarus-type planets for a while.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 11th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Do you guys think if Telford survives will he and Everett share command of destiny like They did on Sg-1 with Mitchell and Carter?

Gollumpus
June 11th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Do you guys think if he survives will he take command of destiny or will they share command like They did on Sg-1 with Mitchell and Carter?

All of the SGC personnel in captivity will be killed in the first episode of season two. Rush will lead a guerrilla action against the LA and eventually take back control at the end of season two.

regards,
G.

PS - Chloe will discovered in the hall at the end of season two. :P

ONeill4tW
June 11th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Terrible. Not only did he fail to kill her, he somehow hit the console on the way down and stopped the transfer of systems to Rush/Brodie.

I don't like the Telford character at all. Thus far, I've been spot on as far as my 'SGA reboot' theory...that is, they're alone, lost, without (many) supplies...then all the sudden they get a lifeline to earth...then by the end of season 1, they'll have the makings of more regular contact. Now that we know Icarus isn't just "one of a kind".

I wouldn't say they have a lifeline to Earth either. Blowing up the planet isn't exactly a lifeline. Nope, they're still disconnected and probably will be for a while.

But as for Telford, yeah the Kiva <= ---- BAM! ---- => Telford showdown was cool. I kinda figured they both would have gotten shot by the other. Kinda hard to miss at that close of a range.

GateroomGuard
June 11th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Do you guys think if Telford survives will he and Everett share command of destiny or will they share command like They did on Sg-1 with Mitchell and Carter?

With the mood Young is likely to be in Telford better not bring that up.
"I know TJ is seriously wounded, your baby is most likely dead and the LA are about to kill all of us... but if we make it can I be in charge?"
Young procedes to headbutt Telford so hard Telford goes back in time.

But as for Telford, yeah the Kiva <= ---- BAM! ---- => Telford showdown was cool. I kinda figured they both would have gotten shot by the other. Kinda hard to miss at that close of a range.

Unless Kiva was taught marksmanship by Greedo.

ONeill4tW
June 11th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Unless Kiva was taught marksmanship by Greedo.

Han Solo shot first!!! *proceeds to smash every remastered copy out there*

wingsabre
June 11th, 2010, 11:42 PM

There's billions of planets out there that's unexplored. Of course Icarus is not one of a kind. It'll be stupid to assume so.

Gollumpus
June 11th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Han Solo shot first!!!

Damn straight. "What good's a reward if you aren't around to spend it?"

regards,
G.

wingsabre
June 11th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Do you guys think if Telford survives will he and Everett share command of destiny like They did on Sg-1 with Mitchell and Carter?

I think Telford's brainwashing will disqualify him for command. If anything, he becomes the second in command, above Scott. Young takes the day shift, Telford takes the night shift or something like that. I also assume that Varro may end up being a regular and be the head of the rest of the LA on the ship once everything settles.

EllieVee
June 12th, 2010, 01:10 AM

I don't even call it A New Hope. It's simply Star Wars to me.

Tuvok
June 12th, 2010, 01:54 AM

Waves hand..

There is no remarsterd copies .. they have and never have existed. Han has and will always shoot first. Also, the cake is not a lie. It's just late.

Vapor
June 12th, 2010, 02:24 AM
One of my favorite moments of the episode. I love the hard cut to black instantly after the shots are fired, leaving the viewer clueless as to the outcome.

Though I assumed they were both shot, it was a surprise to see that neither of them was conscious when the Lucian guys found them. It kinda looked like they just left Telford there, lol.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 12th, 2010, 02:35 AM
I Watched the promo again for season 2 and it's offical David Telford does survive cause dannic fricking back hands him.

Vapor
June 12th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Um, not everyone watches the previews. That's technically a bit of a spoiler. I'm sure some people would appreciate it if you put that behind a tag, actually...

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 12th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Done. I forgot abot the dang spoiler tags

thekillman
June 12th, 2010, 05:29 AM
i loved that neiter hesitated even a second. the millisecond they could shoot, they did.

pipi
June 12th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Telford was awesome in this episode. The only inconsistency would be Kiva's gun that was aimed at his head ended up shooting his body. Unless Kiva missed the first shot and either Kiva or Telford shot Telford in the side, non fatal.

jelgate
June 12th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Telford was awesome in this episode. The only inconsistency would be Kiva's gun that was aimed at his head ended up shooting his body. Unless Kiva missed the first shot and either Kiva or Telford shot Telford in the side, non fatal.

Maybe Telford hit her first and the angle of the gun changed

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 12th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I really liked Telford in this, and shooting Kiva? Solid :)

s09119
June 12th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I literally screamed at the TV when that happened. Wasn't expecting it at all.

magictrick
June 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Felt good. He's redeeming himself.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 12th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Felt good. He's redeeming himself.

well when your brainwashed and is broken free of it you tend to try to redeem yourself.

Morganrone93
June 12th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Whoever said Scott was first to take command if Young died, I dont like that thought.

Scott, cant make the hard decisions, in fact, he cant make any at all, Id vote for Telford or Greer, however.

Greer is a bit crazy, hes emergency solution would be to roast the problem with a flamethrower :P

Telford on the other hand, We dont know much about him when hes not brainwashed, except that he isnt afraid and he got mad senses, just the way he shot Kiva, amaziiingo!

blueintegraboy
June 12th, 2010, 05:32 PM
I hope Young gets killed and Telford takes over. He's a better leader IMO to lead the Destiny crew. Young doesn't have it. He seems too soft.

the fifth man
June 12th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I hope Young gets killed and Telford takes over. He's a better leader IMO to lead the Destiny crew. Young doesn't have it. He seems too soft.

I may be starting to like Telford, but in no way do I want him to replace Young. If Young were to die, I would be so upset.

TheRandomOne
June 12th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Looking at the scene frame by frame Kiva had the first shot then Telford literally a second later shot his gun

Vapor
June 13th, 2010, 12:29 AM
I hope Young gets killed and Telford takes over. He's a better leader IMO to lead the Destiny crew.

I don't think we've seen enough of the non-brainwashed Telford to make such an assumption.

EllieVee
June 13th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I don't think we've seen enough of the non-brainwashed Telford to make such an assumption.

I thought Telford would make a better leader when he was brainwashed.

Nadji
June 13th, 2010, 12:50 AM

I almost agree, however I think Telford will more likely die. I reckon I'd enjoy a dual command.

meo3000
June 13th, 2010, 01:07 AM
I wouldn't mind Telford assuming command while Young falls into a deep depression after loosing his baby and almost loosing TJ. Then Simeon/Robert Knepper can kill Telford early mid-season (he always play a bad guy anyway).

RedXian
June 13th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Whoever said Scott was first to take command if Young died, I dont like that thought.

Scott, cant make the hard decisions, in fact, he cant make any at all, Id vote for Telford or Greer, however.

Greer is a bit crazy, hes emergency solution would be to roast the problem with a flamethrower :P

Telford on the other hand, We dont know much about him when hes not brainwashed, except that he isnt afraid and he got mad senses, just the way he shot Kiva, amaziiingo!

Before Telford arrived I worked out that the chain of command on Destiny to be
Young > Scott > TJ > James > Riley

There is a huge gap in ranks between first and second command. From Colonel to 1st Lieutenant.

Both Scott & TJ are 1st Lieutenant but I believe that Scott has seniority. James & Riley are both 2nd Lieutenants (not sure who has seniority but I assume James does).

Greer is a Master Sergeant which is an NCO rank. NCO's don't get officer training, for that you need to be university-educated to be eligible (which Greer is not). Mind you, you can get a battlefield commission promotion to officer (its rare but does happen). Frankly, Greer is not a leader, he's a hell of a soldier but not a leader.

fmbchris
June 13th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Funny how 1 episode can totally change Telfords character. I hated him two weeks ago. Good acting Lou!

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 13th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I may be starting to like Telford, but in no way do I want him to replace Young. If Young were to die, I would be so upset.

I'd hate Young being replaced, especially if he was replaced by someone non-damaged in some way. We really don't know enough about Telford and what he would be like, unbrainwashed, although he has shown that he can work quite well with Young. I don't see that lasting though, as the feel of this show is not to have 'the right people' but to have people evolve into that. Replacing Young with some heroic dudley-do-right would be a colossal mistake, storywise

EllieVee
June 13th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I think it would be really interesting for Young to be replaced via the stones. Louis Ferreira would be playing an entirely different character.

Major_Griff
June 13th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Before Telford arrived I worked out that the chain of command on Destiny to be
Young > Scott > TJ > James > Riley

There is a huge gap in ranks between first and second command. From Colonel to 1st Lieutenant.

Both Scott & TJ are 1st Lieutenant but I believe that Scott has seniority. James & Riley are both 2nd Lieutenants (not sure who has seniority but I assume James does).

Greer is a Master Sergeant which is an NCO rank. NCO's don't get officer training, for that you need to be university-educated to be eligible (which Greer is not). Mind you, you can get a battlefield commission promotion to officer (its rare but does happen). Frankly, Greer is not a leader, he's a hell of a soldier but not a leader.

I think Riley is a Sergeant. And I'm fairly certain Greer is the Senior NCO, so the chain of command goes Young>Scott>TJ>James>Greer.

blueintegraboy
June 13th, 2010, 08:46 PM
James & Riley are both 2nd Lieutenants (not sure who has seniority but I assume James does).

Riley is not a 2nd Lt. He's an airman.

SGboy
June 13th, 2010, 08:52 PM
yes. he always did have the whole "freinemy" aura to him though, found it a bit odd.

Utitan
June 13th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I see Young and Telford Co-Commanding and being a damn good duo to give each other balance. That and they have a wide open slate to work with in that massive ship. As for using the stones to replace Young the crew wouldn't let that happen. Especially Greer and others would follow suit. We're going to see Young redeem himself next season in a big way. They have written the plot lines so that we think exactly what we are thinking concerning Young and it will come full circle. For all we know he had planned on these things happening and gave into Wray's negotiations for this reason. In the scene with Oneil we didn't get the luxury of seeing the entire conversation. That last part is a stretch but we have already seen once where he kept his weak first officer out of the loop once. It may also be a stretch to say that Greer is in on it and hinted that direction in the exchange between himself and Scott.

That's what I love about this show.. You JUST NEVER KNOW..

I will say this.. I was on board with Destiny being the culprit frying the guy in pt. 1. I'm actually kind of glad that the ship hasn't been revealed to have some sort of sentient thought yet.

Gallienus
June 14th, 2010, 02:38 AM
I'm glad to see that Telford is back to his 'old self' so to speak. It was still a bit of an open question where his loyalties were up until he took no chances and shot Kiva on sight. Sure he could, I guess, still be compromised, but to me that scene really set him up as a guy that's on our side. It's nice to see a character like his actually develop, let's hope that continues into next season.

I think Young will still retain command, given all that's happened. Of course, as others have said here and in a number of threads, it will depend on how things shape up this October. If, somehow, TJ dies (I think that's unlikely) he might really go off the rails. Not saying he'd have a Gul Dukat moment, but it could be bad for him. In such a scenario Telford might become the only viable option, by default more than by choice. I certainly couldn't see putting Wray, or any of the others in charge. Still, what I Like about this cliffhanger is the sheer number of possibilities waiting to be played out. My fear is now, as it was when Scott, Chloe and Eli were missing, that they'll do a massive cop out and save -everyone-. I'm hoping SGU can do what Atlantis could not, and that is show that events have actual consequences. Well find out in October.

RedXian
June 14th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Riley is not a 2nd Lt. He's an airman.

For some reasons I thought I saw Lieutenant pips on his shoulders.

I was sure there was another 2nd Lt. on board. I was mistaking him for someone else

I accept your correction.

And FWIW Riley is a Senior Airman.

jelgate
June 14th, 2010, 01:40 PM
For some reasons I thought I saw Lieutenant pips on his shoulders.

I was sure there was another 2nd Lt. on board. I was mistaking him for someone else

I accept your correction.

And FWIW Riley is a Senior Airman.
Riley is a Sgt. He said so in Darkness and many people have called him Sgt. Riley like Dr. Rush for example

RedXian
June 15th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Riley is a Sgt. He said so in Darkness and many people have called him Sgt. Riley like Dr. Rush for example

Acccording to Wikipedia on :

In today's Air Force, the term Sergeant refers to all Air Force NCOs up to Senior Master Sergeant (E-8)

It took me a while to work out why he was addressed as sergeant while wearing Senior Airman insignia. There actually is no straight Sergeant rank in the US Air Force.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 15th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Here's a question do you think Telford regrets his actions with Everett's wife Emily?

jelgate
June 15th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Acccording to Wikipedia on :

In today's Air Force, the term Sergeant refers to all Air Force NCOs up to Senior Master Sergeant (E-8)

It took me a while to work out why he was addressed as sergeant while wearing Senior Airman insignia. There actually is no straight Sergeant rank in the US Air Force.
You used Wikipedia as your source? I have a hard time trusting that.

RedXian
June 15th, 2010, 04:53 AM
You used Wikipedia as your source? I have a hard time trusting that.

I used it just in case you were curious. There was supposed to be a link the the Sergeant wiki page.

But, if you don't trust that then fair enough.

jelgate
June 15th, 2010, 05:03 AM
I used it just in case you were curious. There was supposed to be a link the the Sergeant wiki page.

But, if you don't trust that then fair enough.

I don't trust a website anypne can edit especiially in SGU we have seen people addressed as airman

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Here's a question do you think Telford regrets his actions with Everett's wife Emily?

I think there are a great deal of things Telford regrets at this point but it's got to be a hell of a thing when you've done them but aren't responsible. You've still done them though, and nothing changes that.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 15th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Yeah but I mean come on the guy was brainwashed for crying out loud. Most people who are brainwashed and then find out they can do anything they can to redeem themselves and that's what Telford did. He's starting to redeem himself. I betcha at one point or another Colonel Young and Colonel Telford were very good friends and young knew that deep down the real David Telford he knew wouldn't do the damn arrgoant things brainwashed Telford did.

Ser Scot A Ellison
June 15th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Lt.Col.JohnSheppard,

I have to say I think a more interesting choice by the writers would have been to make Telford's support of the LA genuine. If someone who Young respected and who O'Neill respected enough to command the 9th Chevron expidition could voluntarily turn perhaps Earth needed to take a harder look at the LA?

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 15th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Lt.Col.JohnSheppard,

I have to say I think a more interesting choice by the writers would have been to make Telford's support of the LA genuine. If someone who Young respected and who O'Neill respected enough to command the 9th Chevron expidition could voluntarily turn perhaps Earth needed to take a harder look at the LA?

The Lucian Alliance started all this nonsense with Earth when vala (who was working for them at the time) tried to steal and sell the Prometheus. Then we retaliated (something about kassa) then they kill colonel Emerson and tired to hijack the odyssey and then we started running hit and run missions on their kassa shipments. So yeah they started this mess.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 15th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah but I mean come on the guy was brainwashed for crying out loud. Most people who are brainwashed and then find out they can do anything they can to redeem themselves and that's what Telford did. He's starting to redeem himself. I betcha at one point or another Colonel Young and Colonel Telford were very good friends and young knew that deep down the real David Telford he knew wouldn't do the damn arrgoant things brainwashed Telford did.

I agree with you, and yes, Telford is definitely redeeming himself. That Young knew Telford enough to know it wasn't like him to do the things he's been doing is part of how we got to "he must be brainwashed" so I agree there too. But is Telford going to feel guilty about the things he's done? I think so. He's going to feel responsible for them anyway.

Lahela
June 15th, 2010, 11:35 AM
I see parallels between Telford and Teal'c, so yes, I think he'll feel horribly guilty about his actions, but I wonder what direction the writers will take with his redemption. Teal'c got off pretty lightly, but will they let Telford move on as easily?

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 15th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Well they had Bra'tac to make sure he was telling the truth. with Telford it's going to be a whole another ball of wax.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 15th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Colonel David Telford is not the first Human to be brainwashed. Agent Malcolm Barrett of the NID was brainwashed by the trust (SG-1: Insiders). Even after Agent Barrett was free of the brainwashing he was still able to help Stargate Command out.

wargrafix
June 15th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Lucas really messed up there. Its just make han look really stupid. Then again the SW universe stores he writes tend to suck. Great settings and characters, but he can't write them for ****.

The cast here is certainly quite entertaining. October is too far away.

Ser Scot A Ellison
June 15th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Lt.Col.John Sheppard,

The Lucian Alliance started all this nonsense with Earth when vala (who was working for them at the time) tried to steal and sell the Prometheus. Then we retaliated (something about kassa) then they kill colonel Emerson and tired to hijack the odyssey and then we started running hit and run missions on their kassa shipments. So yeah they started this mess.

Regardless, I think it would have been a more interesting choice, character and storywise, to have Telford's defection be genuine.

GateroomGuard
June 15th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Regardless, I think it would have been a more interesting choice, character and storywise, to have Telford's defection be genuine.

I agree, his being brainwashed just felt like to much of a cop out. But I like good Telford from what I can see.