Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angel Discussion/Appreciation please tag SPOILERS here for s4 and 5 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel Discussion/Appreciation please tag SPOILERS here for s4 and 5 !

Is there any thread about Joss Whedons Angel??? I dont think so. i am currently watching the show im at season three and boy... Season Three of Angel is one of the best tv ive ever seen!.... just one question does the show get a kind of closure at the end of season five?
    Spoiler:
    or due to cancelation does it end with a cliffhanger? if thats the case, Ill have to buy the graphic novels!
    sigpic

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
    Is there any thread about Joss Whedons Angel??? I dont think so. i am currently watching the show im at season three and boy... Season Three of Angel is one of the best tv ive ever seen!.... just one question does the show get a kind of closure at the end of season five?
    Spoiler:
    or due to cancelation does it end with a cliffhanger? if thats the case, Ill have to buy the graphic novels!
    cliffhanger ending that makes you scream at the tv screen with vengeance
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      cliffhanger ending that makes you scream at the tv screen with vengeance
      but summer glau was in one of the best episodes of Angel "Waiting in the Winds"....

i see on imdb is a unaired pilot listed? whats with that?.. ill have to stick to the comics than...
      sigpic

Comment

but summer glau was in one of the best episodes of Angel "Waiting in the Winds"....

i see on imdb is a unaired pilot listed? whats with that?.. ill have to stick to the comics than...
        i know nothing about a pilot. the fifth season was awesome.!!!
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Angel is a favourite of mine. To me, the finale's status as a cliffhanger is pretty debatable, because seriously, how else would the show end?

Spoiler:
          Because Angel's going to keep fighting - there's always going to be something to fight for and something to fight against, even when everybody else is dying around you horribly. That's the show's final statement: Fight 'em till you can't, "Let's go to work."

But yes, if you need to, buy the graphic novels that continue on. I personally haven't, because the ending worked better on me with some ambiguity (Not that I don't agree that the novels are canon - it's just that I think, despite the cancellation, Angel ended with a nice bang, and I don't feel the need to continue reading his whacky adventures.)

Point of fact: the first episode I watched? The season five finale aka the last episode with the ending everybody but me seems to hate. It was actually that episode that made me invested enough to watch the entire run of 110 episodes, and it was totally worth it.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Apparently there is a dedicated Angel thread. Just saw it at the bottom of the thread...but don't click on it because it has lots of spoilers on the first page about the finale. The only one I knew about was mixed in with Buffy.

Anyway, yeah it was one of my top shows ever. I like it even better than Buffy.

As far as the finale, I thought it was brilliant. Yeah, it's a cliffhanger as it wasn't intended to be the very last episode, but it fit with the theme of the show. So I agree with MattSilver. Don't click/quote as it's a major spoiler for a character in the finale, but
            Spoiler:
            I did hate that Wesley was killed as he is my favorite character. But that's Joss for you....

I did read the comic series After the Fall and thought it was great. It wasn't necessary, imo, but it did give a resolution to the cliffhanger and had some great character stuff. Any comics after it, like the current ongoing series being published by IDW, are not considered canon.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

so is After The Fall the only continuation of the show which ends the story?
              sigpic

Comment

so is After The Fall the only continuation of the show which ends the story?
                It's the only official canon comic dealing with Angel, but it's not a definitive end to his story. It was still open-ended enough to have further stories, but it does wrap up the cliffhanger of the final episode of the tv series.

After you finish up the series I'd recommend reading it as I thought it was good and the writer who penned it did a great job with the character voices. (Joss helped outline/approve the story but Brian Lynch wrote it.)

Angel pops up again over in the Buffy comics (which are canon) being published by DarkHorse comics which take place some time after the events of After the Fall.

Otherwise there is a current on-going series published by IDW that is not considered canon that continues on with the Angle series following the events of After the Fall.
                Last edited by LoneStar1836; 06 June 2010, 12:33 PM.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                  It's the only official canon comic dealing with Angel, but it's not a definitive end to his story. It was still open-ended enough to have further stories, but it does wrap up the cliffhanger of the final episode of the tv series.

After you finish up the series I'd recommend reading it as I thought it was good and the writer who penned it did a great job with the character voices. (Joss helped outline/approve the story but Brian Lynch wrote it.)

Angel pops up again over in the Buffy comics (which are canon) being published by DarkHorse comics which take place some time after the events of After the Fall.

Otherwise there is a current on-going series published by IDW that is not considered canon that continues on with the Angle series following the events of After the Fall.
                  how are the graphics itself? are they decent? usually this tv/movie comics style i do not like, but with angel i would make an exception, because it is such an awesome show, is the man famous who drew the comics?
                  sigpic

Comment

how are the graphics itself? are they decent? usually this tv/movie comics style i do not like, but with angel i would make an exception, because it is such an awesome show, is the man famous who drew the comics?
                    They're decent, things get a bit too epic for my taste. I've stopped reading because it got to be too much. The characters are pretty much the same for the most part. I just prefer the level of oomph delivered with a tv show rather than a comic. But you may enjoy it.

Comment

I thought the art for After the Fall was good, but then I'm not a comic book reader myself. *shrug* So I think I know what you are getting at, but I thought the art was fine. It's a comic book so obviously the story doesn't translate as well as it would on live tv, but then it would have been pretty expensive to film because of the visuals of the situation.

The main pencillers for AtF were Franco Urru and Stephen Mooney with some others mixed in. Are they famous? I have no idea since I'm not into comic books.

The art in the series Aftermath (non-canon) that followed After the Fall sucked as did the series itself. I'm not reading the current ongoing series.

When you get to the end, I say give AtF a read. I'm totally not a comic book person, and I enjoyed it.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        I thought the art for After the Fall was good, but then I'm not a comic book reader myself. *shrug* So I think I know what you are getting at, but I thought the art was fine. It's a comic book so obviously the story doesn't translate as well as it would on live tv, but then it would have been pretty expensive to film because of the visuals of the situation.

The main pencillers for AtF were Franco Urru and Stephen Mooney with some others mixed in. Are they famous? I have no idea since I'm not into comic books.

The art in the series Aftermath (non-canon) that followed After the Fall sucked as did the series itself. I'm not reading the current ongoing series.

When you get to the end, I say give AtF a read. I'm totally not a comic book person, and I enjoyed it.
                        thank you! ill definitley check it out... finished the first disc of season four... and seriously....
                        Spoiler:
                        i dont like how cordy behaves... i loved her in season three, well she be the same way again? i sure hope so
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          i dont like how cordy behaves... i loved her in season three, well she be the same way again? i sure hope so
                          Spoiler:
                          Not everything is as it seems. Radical behaviour shifts have reasons...

And trust me, knowing that something may be off with her early on prepares you for later blows, that's for sure.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I am right up in the middle of season four, and WOW what a ride!!! There are so rare shows who have such a plot like Angel does... I mean its definitley better than the Buffy show.... Just Sayin. David Boreanaz portraits Angelus really well, and I have to say... his evil side is much more entertaining! my favorite episodes are up to date...
                            Waiting for the Wings and
                            Awaking...
                            but I think Season Three is still my favorite... too bad that Angel did not have at least one more season to wrap things up, it surley would have deserved it. Are there any cases that once shows were canceled got reinstated? I know Trauma were for a short time canceled during the first couple episodes, but get the season done. Angel should really have got another season!!! damn it.
                            sigpic

Comment

So finally I have completed my first time watching in order Angel and I have to say its become with Stargate and Lost one of my favorite shows ever!!!
                              Seasons Rating I would say from best to worst
                              Season 3
                              Season 5
                              Season 4
                              Season 2
                              Season 1
                              ..Season 1 and 2 are basically monster of the week kinda show, but after that..well... what do you know! And I started to read the angel comics..well the first chapter actually and its awesome.... although the characters are sometimes a bit hard to recognize....
                              Spoiler:
                              i love the fact that they did not dumped wesley but connected him with the senior partners

I can only say again.. I wish they had at least one more season.... but... the past is the past. maybe ill watch buffy after a while but not yet...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X