PDA

View Full Version : "Incursion Part 2" (120) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Spimman
June 4th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I just wanted to create a thread to discuss spoilers and speculation for Incursion Part 2 where discussing Incursion Part 1 is allowed. Anything beyond Episode 120 needs spoilers tags as usual.

Spimman
June 4th, 2010, 08:41 PM
One thing that shocked me was seeing Young break (or so I think) the brainwashing on Telford. Before tonight I kinda hated Telford's character, which always upset me because I was originally excited about LDP.

Now I'm excited again and hoping he sticks around!

NormaN
June 4th, 2010, 10:46 PM
I saw a preview of Part. 2 in a trade off Greer was wearing a red shirt. That can't be good.

EllieVee
June 5th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Sneak peak:

http://video.syfy.com/shows/universe

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 5th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Sneak peak:

that's just nuts that they already have the images from Part 2 up and the sneak peek as well.

EllieVee
June 5th, 2010, 03:08 AM
that's just nuts that they already have the images from Part 2 up and the sneak peek as well.

But no preview?

amz_123
June 5th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Sneak peak:

Oh no! TJ in potential crossfire :S

Sapphire_Jade
June 5th, 2010, 03:31 AM
One thing that shocked me was seeing Young break (or so I think) the brainwashing on Telford. Before tonight I kinda hated Telford's character, which always upset me because I was originally excited about LDP.

Now I'm excited again and hoping he sticks around!

I am with you I was upset too that Telford was such a prick! But now that he is on the good side I am happy! The main reason I tuned into SGU (besides it being another SG show and seeing if i'll like it) is because of Lou Diamond Phillips. I was excited to hear he was going to be on a Stargate show!

I saw a preview of Part. 2 in a trade off Greer was wearing a red shirt. That can't be good.

Why can't that be good? I think they are trying to make it look like he is a civilian not Military.

EllieVee
June 5th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Why can't that be good? I think they are trying to make it look like he is a civilian not Military.

Because he's wearing a red shirt.

mrshorty
June 5th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Greer will be fine - Character been given with a full name is protected by plot shield.

I'd be worrying if you see Corporal Marsden in a red shirt, certainly not Greer :p

bv90andy
June 5th, 2010, 04:52 PM
How about speculation about what's happening to the ship? Will we find out in part 2 or 3 (next season)? I have no idea and am curious.

pleed
June 5th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I don't think the 'red' shirt is anything. It's obviously not Eli's. I think i saw Brody wear one once, and it could have come from anyone's personal belongings.

EllieVee
June 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I don't think the 'red' shirt is anything. It's obviously not Eli's. I think i saw Brody wear one once, and it could have come from anyone's personal belongings.

It's not that it might belong to anyone in particular, it's that it's a red shirt.

blueintegraboy
June 5th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I thought Telford gave the LA a list of personnel. Wouldn't they know Greer isn't a civilian?

Spimman
June 5th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Did they say he was a civilian? I thought they just said he was a medic.

ONeill4tW
June 5th, 2010, 08:49 PM
It's not that it might belong to anyone in particular, it's that it's a red shirt.

People need to watch Star Trek more often if they keep missing the red shirt reference. Lol

darksiege
June 5th, 2010, 08:49 PM
So whats Kivas plan? turn the ship around on a 100,000 year drive home?
I didn't see a Worm Hole drive in her luggage. So what now?
Where did she get the means to accurately fabricate a device to open doors on that ship? Telford just couldn't tell her how to make one you would need a door to do that.
So wheres that door and what is it on? a ship? a base?

darksiege
June 5th, 2010, 08:52 PM
look at the sneek peek!, Rush is holding something to his face in the background, when young says to open the door! might be a breather maybe hes hurt (gased)

EllieVee
June 5th, 2010, 09:58 PM
look at the sneek peek!, Rush is holding something to his face in the background, when young says to open the door! might be a breather maybe hes hurt (gased)

For a moment I read 'gasp' rather than gas. I gasped anyway.

And then I thought, it's a piece of chalk.

Anubis21
June 5th, 2010, 11:21 PM
What if now that Destiny is Stalled the Alien Race finds it and boards the ship and now the situation is a three way battle between Earth, Lucian Alliance and the New Alien Race. COOOOOOOOOOOL

Fluffball
June 5th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I think the wild card in part 2 is Eli and Chloe being somewhere that they originally thought physically impossible to get to. (Who knows, it may be a 4 day walk away from the command center?) The surprise will come from there rather than an exterior factor is my guess, especially since the show is very much like a play in that what you see is what you get.

escyos
June 6th, 2010, 12:29 AM
you know the episode was already written and filmed a while ago.

Pharaoh Atem
June 6th, 2010, 12:30 AM
What if now that Destiny is Stalled the Alien Race finds it and boards the ship and now the situation is a three way battle between Earth, Lucian Alliance and the New Alien Race. COOOOOOOOOOOL

no

jmoz
June 6th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Rush finds some pirate clothes and dresses up like one. They rename the ship to the Black Pearl. Then they run the ship into a sun. A solar kraken comes out of the sun to swallow up the ship. Everyone evacuates except Rush who chooses to go down with his ship. The end.

garhkal
June 6th, 2010, 02:55 AM
I could just imagine rush in a pirate suit!

darksiege
June 6th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Heres an idea

SPOILER: Destiny isnt going anywhere because Franklin isn't allowing it too, and he's not going to let the LA get it either

Old Dood
June 6th, 2010, 12:10 PM

No offense but, I believe the 'Red Shirt' from Star Trek is over played.
It fit on the latest Star Trek (2009) movie but, I see no real place for it on SG-U.:)

My thinking is that the writers of SG-U want to distance themselves from other Sci-Fi TV shows.

smart
June 6th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I do not think Greer passing as a medic would work as the Lucian alliance are aware of those aboard the Destiny thanks to info provided by Colonel Telford. They would know the general details of many on board, especially with Greer , whom Colonel Telford had a serious confrontation.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I do not think Greer passing as a medic would work as the Lucian alliance are aware of those aboard the Destiny thanks to info provided by Colonel Telford. They would know the general details of many on board, especially with Greer , whom Colonel Telford had a serious confrontation.

they would be aware that Greer is a soldier, but then again, so is TJ. They may not be aware of what his position is. In any case, trailers are not really a great source for what may happen in an episode as it's out of context

knowles2
June 6th, 2010, 04:28 PM
you know the episode was already written and filmed a while ago.

An aired already in some parts of the world.
But we are not suppose to talk about it through, for some reason.

darksiege
June 6th, 2010, 06:51 PM
For a moment I read 'gasp' rather than gas. I gasped anyway.

And then I thought, it's a piece of chalk.

whats he got chalk for? writing on doors LA inside?

carmencatalina
June 6th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Regarding the chalk:

In pictures on the MGM website, he is using the corridor wall as a chalkboard, obviously working through some calculations. He must not have room in his little notebook anymore!

Spimman
June 7th, 2010, 05:33 AM

I'm quite confident that Young's plan is going to fail land temporarily give Kiva the upper-hand. After meeting her character, I think it is only reasonable to believe she'll die at some point during this episode or S2 Ep 1...she is too ruthless to ever compromise or share power with our side!

Spimman
June 7th, 2010, 05:35 AM
We're already in a new galaxy and I'm doubting we ever see the BA again.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 7th, 2010, 01:32 PM
according to the gateworld DVR actors General O'Neill will appear in incursion part 2

HaMm3r
June 7th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Looking at the preview images up at MGM's site...
I'm thinking Brody has become an alcoholic and decides to tweak his still right in the middle of the invasion to get a higher alcohol content...

...or he's making a bomb! Could still have a drinking problem though.;)

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 7th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Looking at the preview images up at MGM's site...
I'm thinking Brody has become an alcoholic and decides to tweak his still right in the middle of the invasion to get a higher alcohol content...

...or he's making a bomb! Could still have a drinking problem though.;)

yeah, that still business really had me curious. Maybe he's going to pull a Scotty and get the LA all slobbering drink and they'll pass out that way?

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 7th, 2010, 03:06 PM
on a second note, from watching the trailers here on Space, I'm getting all tingly over Young all shouty....*tingle tingle*

Spimman
June 8th, 2010, 05:59 AM
on a second note, from watching the trailers here on Space, I'm getting all tingly over Young all shouty....*tingle tingle*

Are those posted for the world to see yet? Space tends to have cool trailers!

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 8th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Are those posted for the world to see yet? Space tends to have cool trailers!

I wasn't sure, hence the spoilers :)

Spimman
June 8th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Cool...if you see a link, post it and I'll let all know if the US can view it!

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Cool...if you see a link, post it and I'll let all know if the US can view it!

I only ever see ones from Syfy :(

J_schinderlin56
June 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I've already watched the entire episode. Someone recorded it in the Ukraine and put it on Youtube for a while. I couldn't understand any of it though, It was all in Ukrainian. Which sucked.

I'm sort of confused though as to why it aired in the Ukraine before the U.S. Not to be arrogant, but doesn't Syefyee or whatever they're called pay for the production? Why do they always air it last?

jelgate
June 8th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Because Ukraine did something they weren't suppose too. Remember talking about any spoilers courtesy of Ukraine viewing is forbidden

Briangate78
June 8th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I've already watched the entire episode. Someone recorded it in the Ukraine and put it on Youtube for a while. I couldn't understand any of it though, It was all in Ukrainian. Which sucked.

I'm sort of confused though as to why it aired in the Ukraine before the U.S. Not to be arrogant, but doesn't Syefyee or whatever they're called pay for the production? Why do they always air it last?

I've seen it also, but have seen it legally. All I am allowed to say is, that it was very good. We are not allowed to post any spoilers here, except for the ones released by the producers, MGM, or SyFy.

HaMm3r
June 8th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I watched it too, and all I'll say is that it's going to be a very long summer. :(

the fifth man
June 8th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I watched it too, and all I'll say is that it's going to be a very long summer. :(

I really can't wait for Friday night to get here.

Briangate78
June 8th, 2010, 07:39 PM

It is only 3 months we have to wait, that is nothing.

HaMm3r
June 8th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Honestly, I have seen better cliffhangers from this franchise. One of my favorites was "First Strike". Plus, it is only 3 months we have to wait, that is nothing.

I wish we could discuss it, but obviously we can't. I agree though, except that if you tally up the number of individual cliffhangers this ep leaves us with, it's almost frightening.

The King
June 8th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah...tonight....tonight....:cameron:
In Germany the channel RTL 2 will air the season finale tonight (9.10 pm MEZ). And......it's completely legal.

Source: http://www.rtl2.de/46976.html

Indeed it's better than the ukraine version, but of cause german synchronisation.
But we don't take only one speaker for 10 characters, so it's pretty good.
Maybe you can use it with subtitles :P Ã* la "Downfall" (film about Hitler)

Skydiver
June 9th, 2010, 03:57 AM
The Ukranian spoilers are forbidden here. Discussion of them is forbidden.

You may boost your own ego for a while, but you ruin things for the other 90% of the forum that aren't indulging.

I'll ask Darren about a German viewing. However, my personal opinion, it's not much different from the Ukranian spoilers....something that probably shouldn't be happening and that a handful of folks that will indulge will try to ruin the suspense and excitement for those that are waiting to see it legally and in a way that counts as far as ratings are concerned.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 9th, 2010, 07:20 AM
It is only 3 months we have to wait, that is nothing.

three months is going to feel like forever though, LOL!
I can't wait for friday!

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 9th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Not if you spend your time wisely this summer doing fun stuff. Hanging out with friends/girlfriends or boyfriends, partying, working, reading Doing Watching one episode a week of SGU until october... I could go on.

The King
June 9th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I'll ask Darren about a German viewing. However, my personal opinion, it's not much different from the Ukranian spoilers....something that probably shouldn't be happening and that a handful of folks that will indulge will try to ruin the suspense and excitement for those that are waiting to see it legally and in a way that counts as far as ratings are concerned.

Of Cause it makes a difference. Eastern Europe is known well for their illegal dvd distrubution,....
German TV channels are legal. You know us germans :P Everything has to be correct.
And live Viewers in Germany are (because it's Free-TV) not much less than in the US. So...why don't discuss?
BTW....I didn't post any spoilers.

And why this shouldn't be happening? Syfy sells the series. We make our synchronisation and then let's go.
It wouldn't be happening, if Syfy does not do a winter break.

Sorry for bad english.

Spimman
June 9th, 2010, 08:45 AM
The title of this thread is "Pre-Airing" discussion. So those of us participating in this thread haven't seen it and don't want "sure thing" spoilers based on knowledge of actual viewers.

SyFy has really goofed up this year, typically the US/Canadian release date is 1st and others get it at the same time or later depending on their scheduling!

The King
June 9th, 2010, 08:53 AM
The title of this thread is "Pre-Airing" discussion. So those of us participating in this thread haven't seen it and don't want "sure thing" spoilers based on knowledge of actual viewers.

SyFy has really goofed up this year, typically the US/Canadian release date is 1st and others get it at the same time or later depending on their scheduling!

again: Did I post any spoiler? Was only a post of rejoicing.
I'm myself not a fan of spoilers, unless thy are tagged.

Spimman
June 9th, 2010, 09:56 AM
again: Did I post any spoiler? Was only a post of rejoicing.
I'm myself not a fan of spoilers, unless thy are tagged.

Not an accusation, just an explanation to your above mentioned questions...

Cylykon
June 9th, 2010, 09:34 PM
That baby platter looks absolutely delicious! What dipping sauces come with it?

SciFiRick
June 9th, 2010, 11:52 PM
The Ukranian spoilers are forbidden here. Discussion of them is forbidden.

You may boost your own ego for a while, but you ruin things for the other 90% of the forum that aren't indulging.

Thank-You!!! I am part of that 90%. I don't want to know ahead of time that there is even more than one cliffhanger or that it was good. That is already to much info. By the way, Ukraine speaks Russian not Ukrainian.

SciFiRick
June 10th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Oh no! TJ in potential crossfire :S

I have viewed the teaser pictures that MGM has up and I think all of the newest SyFy previews as I always do. I do not see anything that indicates TJ being in a crossfire. In fairness maybe there is a preview that I have missed and if so, I apologize. I just hope this is not one of those sneaking in a spoiler because you have already seen the episode comments. It is looking more and more that in participating in the pre air discussion threads or even the upcoming live air threads that there is a risk. Not that anyone cares but I can't take the chance someone is going to inadvertently ruin it for ME. Sorry, how this sounds and trying not to sound "holier than thou" but I do not want to know ANYTHING or someone's thoughts ahead of time.

carmencatalina
June 10th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I do not see anything that indicates TJ being in a crossfire.

From the official Syfy preview of Incursion 2, we see (in spoilers for those that don't watch the episode previews):

Young bringing in Greer as a "medic" to a meeting in the hallway with Kiva, he wants to trade Greer for TJ. Things get tense, and TJ is standing right in the middle. I'm sure that's what is being referred to.

Rhoswen
June 10th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Episode summary from tv.ign.com:

A hostage crisis unfolds following an attempt by the Lucian Alliance to seize Destiny, which starts to have ship-wide power fluctuations and blackouts due to its proximity to a binary pulsar in the first-season finale.

Skydiver
June 10th, 2010, 08:40 PM
If those in Germany that have seen Incursion 2 want to start a thread, you can - label it something like 'german airing' or the such and that it has spoilers. then, once skiffy airs the episode tomorrow night, i can merge the two threads together. That way the germans can talk, others don't get spoiled and hopefully everyone is at least content

SciFiRick
June 10th, 2010, 09:53 PM
From the official Syfy preview of Incursion 2, we see (in spoilers for those that don't watch the episode previews):

Young bringing in Greer as a "medic" to a meeting in the hallway with Kiva, he wants to trade Greer for TJ. Things get tense, and TJ is standing right in the middle. I'm sure that's what is being referred to.

Thanks, I did See that preview and did not remeber it that way until I went back and viewed it again. I think of bullets flying rather than guns drawn. I stand corrected.

morjana
June 11th, 2010, 01:32 AM
SGU - TV Guide Online: TV Hot List: Friday, June 11:

At TV Guide Online (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Tonights-TV-Hot-1019366.aspx):

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

TV Hot List: Friday, June 11

Stargate Universe

9/8c Syfy

Ah, irony. Most of the people trapped on Destiny would like to wash their hands of the cursed vessel while the Lucian Alliance is bent on boarding and seizing the uncontrollable runaway spaceship. To make matters worse, a nearby binary pulsar is causing power fluctuations that will eventually cause the death of everyone on board in the first-season finale. — Michael Chant

morjana
June 11th, 2010, 01:37 AM
SGU - Entertainment Weekly: Tonight's Best TV:

At Entertainment Weekly (http://www.ew.com/ew/tv/tonights_best_tv/0,,5,00.html):

Tonight's Best TV

A DAILY GUIDE TO NOTABLE SHOWS by Jessica Shaw

Jun 11 Friday

9-10PM
Syfy

Season finale
Stargate Universe

It's been a hit-and-miss season aboard Destiny, but the season goes out on a cliffhanger and features a return from the Lucian Alliance. But where's the Tribal Council?

morjana
June 11th, 2010, 01:44 AM
SGU - Yahoo! TV: What to Watch Friday:

At Yahoo! TV (http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/15651):

What to Watch Friday

A list of can't-miss hot shows, undiscovered gems and fan favorites

SGU: Stargate Universe

Season Finale: Friday at 9pm on Syfy

Col. Young and Lt. Scott must visit a frozen planet in search of drinkable samples after the ship's water supply begins dwindling. Meanwhile, the crew members have their hands full as they try to capture an intruder.

<<**>><<**>>

Again, Yahoo! TV fails with the wrong episode synopsis.

randomking
June 11th, 2010, 09:37 AM
don't know if its ben said already but the computer problems are because of
binary pulsar (type of star) i hope they explain how the ancients did not plan ahead for this its kinda a hard to miss thing...
p.s if you wish to descuse this spoiler use the term "benders nightmare" :D lets see the anti spoiler Pearle squirm :P

major davis
June 11th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I saw this episode was in the USA todays critics corner. SWEET! First time its been there since air part 3!

Confessor Rahl
June 11th, 2010, 05:09 PM
People need to watch Star Trek more often if they keep missing the red shirt reference. Lol

Hah hah, seriously. I laughed on the first post, and again at the lack of the connection being made

Galileo_Galilee
June 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I'm kind of watching part 1 of Incrusion right now, but I have it on mute. I'm listening to Randy Travis' Better Class Of Losers while watching it.

However, I will be watching part 2 after words.