This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Does Goa'uld Tech Originate?

Does anyone have any ideas as to where the Goa'uld technology originates and how they first gained access to it?

I guess it's fairly obvious they took the Unas as hosts and learned how to travel to different planets through the Gate, but where from there?

I also think it's important to point out that both Ancient and Goa'uld technology, in many forms, is crystal-based.

Spoilers, and, stuff....

Ring tech. is clearly ancient.
    The gou'ald hyperspace technology is a V_E_R_Y crude knockoff of the Ancient hyperspace technology, seeing how jack was able to easily modify it with a zat to run faster.
    Sarc. tech is a crude knockoff of ancient technology....

I'd say mostly ancient.....since the asgard technology hasn't fallen into anyone's hands, except for anubis....The only time we saw furling technology was in paradise lost, and it has no resemblance to ANYTHING gou'ald.....and the gou'ald didn't even know about the Nox till apophis killed the one....
    sigpic

Comment

Well the goaulds surely didnt look into The Orca. YOu know the ancients device in "The fifth race" that downloaded their knowledge into Jack's brain
      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

tempted to say Ancient but i don't think hand devices, staff weapons (and offshoots) and zats are ancient in design...

Comment

I have always thought that the bulk of their technology was Ancient in origin, and the rest were adaptations, created by goa'uld scientists.
          sigpic

Comment

I think it is based on Ancient technology and basically the Gou'ald just put their name on it and make a slight modification
            __

__

Comment

Spoilers...season 6, I suppose
              G
              o
              d
              t
              h
              e
              s
              e
              a
              r
              e
              a
              p
              a
              i
              n
              I've always thought it was taken directly from the Ancients, icluding zats, staff weapons amd hand devices. They all look alot like that wierd ray thing that Anubis used to destroy the US stargate in Revelations

Oh, and Mio, I love your little cartoon.
              Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Spoilers for seaosn 6 forsaken

do you remember in the episode, season6 - forsaken, carter said something about Warricks race being the people who use to build goaild technology

Comment

Originally posted by Maybourne

do you remember in the episode, season6 - forsaken, carter said something about Warricks race being the people who use to build goaild technology
                  Yeah, I heard that too, and I was always under the impression that they didn't steal it from the Ancients because it doesn't look too hi-tech enough... I know that sounds odd, but it's almost like an early-Ancient technology, anyway, that's my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Maybourne

That was never said...

Comment

I'd guess that a lot of it came from the ancients and various other races that they've conquered. Much of it, however, wasn't simply assimilated into the Goa'ould tech base. The hand devices, for instance, can only be used by someone who has or once had a symbiote. That, to me, indicates that the technology was either heavily modified or invented by the Goa'ould.

Comment

I'd have to say that the Goa'uld based and got a lot of inspiration from Ancient tech and others that they have defeated. All of their ships and monuments are equiped with ring transporters, so that shows that they atleast have a basic understanding of how the rings work, because I don't think that they stole that many rings.
                        They probably analyized Ancient tech, and figured out how to reproduce it, then added some enhancements of their own. So a lot of reverse-engineering.
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I would say most of their technology was originally stolen from some other race, as it is said many times that they are technology scavengers. There do seem to be minor Goa'uld who work for various System Lords in studying and creating new technology.

small spoiler- "Evolution"

Cronus's scientist in "Double Jeopardy" and Thoth in "Evolution" for a couple examples.
                          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Slight spoiler for "Lost City" in white text:

***Well, we know now that the ring transporters, at least, originated with the Ancients. This might be true for other Goa'uld tech as well.***
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Spoilers

Since there did not appear to be any signs of an advanced civilization (past or present) on the Unas homeworld, you might be able to assume that after the Goa'ulds took enough Unas hosts, they went through the gate and got their technology from at least one other world. Determining that world (or worlds) and exploring the origins of the technology might make for an interesting episode.

I agree that a lot of the Goa'uld technology appears to have its origins in Ancient technology. What seems strange to me is that Goa'uld technology is so consistent between all the system lords. With so many references in the series that Goa'ulds are scavengers, it would seem logical that there would be more differences as individual system lords conquered different worlds and assimilated new tech.

On the other hand, maybe the tech consistency confirms that Goa'uld tech is in fact derived from Ancient tech and that the Goa'uld have yet to find anything more advanced in the galaxy that is worth assimilating.
                              There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X