This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BATMAN vs. IRONMAN

I figured there'd be a lot of superhero fanboys/girls like myself around here, so what better place to settle the most frustrating debate of my life?

Who is better: Batman or Iron Man?

I'm not sure which came first, but the two are DC's and Marvel's iconic "non-power" superheroes. Both rich and unique. So which is better?

I'm not telling which side of the debate I'm on--I want honest opinions. This factors in everything about the heroes. Attitude, style, weaponry, storyline, alter egos, etc. Anything you think relevant.

Green to anyone who puts in a vote!

They're both pretty poor in my view. Watchmen is a much better movie I think.

Comment

Iron Man trumps. The best way to tell which one is better is to ask yourself who would win if they fought against each other. Iron Man can fly. Batman can't. Iron Man has lethal weapons and knows how to use them. Batman is more known for using is fists or his non-lethal batarangs. Batman is known for using his mind to solve problems. Tony Stark is a genius.
      "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
      "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Batman, no contest.

Batman takes a pair of severe childhood traumas, and uses them to both beat the tar out of and scare the living crap out of criminals.

Tony Stark just makes a toy while in captivity and has enough fun with it to keep going.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Iron Man!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Batman, no contest.

Batman takes a pair of severe childhood traumas, and uses them to both beat the tar out of and scare the living crap out of criminals.
            And if I can just add onto this, he allows those traumas to basically ruin every relationship he's ever had, be it with sidekicks or love interests. He spends a lot of his adult life with Alfred, some version of Batgirl, some version of Robin and ultimately he is alone. Even now, he has a son, just give it time and that relationship will screw up too.

From a movie point of view, Tony Stark builds a suit, upgrades it to destroy his companies weapons and ultimately turns the suit into a party piece. Sure he's got some issues but he's got his friends. Bruce Wayne, losses a love interest he never knew he had already lost, is trying to be a symbol than anything else, and is willing to allow the world to hate him just to keep the hope of Gotham alive.

sigpic

Comment

Tony Stark's a tech genius and an enthusiastic playboy for the most part. Bruce is more broody and depressed about his parents. He's a reluctant playboy. He has tech geniuses in his payroll and he has expertise in other fields. He's a world class detective obviously. He dabs in various sciences and economics. He's just more well learned. He's still affected by his parents' deaths. But I do like both of them. Tech is bit more fancy and appealing in Iron Man. But Batman has that natural "dark" charisma and just badassness. Gonna have to go with Batman though because he's an underdog with few powers. He doesn't rely on the power of his suit, more on his brains and toned physical prowess.

Comment

I've never really got to read much of them (more often than not, it's my friends who give me the details ), but if I had to pick, I'd say Batman.
                He seems to be the 'smarter' (as opposed to intelligent) of the two. I mean, wasn't there a scenario where he beat Superman? (something about him having a database of all heroes/villains so he can produce countermeasures in the event that he has to fight any one of them? That was Batman, right?)
                sigpic

Comment

Well if you chose which character do you like more, it would be a dilemma to choose but much easier, i'd choose Batman. But they are both great characters. Both are genius billionaires who build a suit to fight "bad guys." Batman's best weapon is fear, Iron Man's is high-tech guns. But Iron Man isn't exactly the best person, he is a alcoholic and well....somewhat of a jerk and womanizer. I'm not saying Bruce Wayne isn't a womanizer(as some versions of Bruce Wayne is), but Bruce is more....kind? I think Iron Man is more likely to kill someone than Batman, who never kills.....on purpose at least. I love both characters, but Batman is better, he doesn't need technology to win, just detective skills and some little cool gadgets mixed with awesome martial arts. (Iron Man would win in a fight though...)

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                    I've never really got to read much of them (more often than not, it's my friends who give me the details ), but if I had to pick, I'd say Batman.
                    He seems to be the 'smarter' (as opposed to intelligent) of the two. I mean, wasn't there a scenario where he beat Superman? (something about him having a database of all heroes/villains so he can produce countermeasures in the event that he has to fight any one of them? That was Batman, right?)
                    Yup, Batman did beat Superman once. I think....i'm pretty sure...*gulp*

Comment

The Batman would win. He could easily build himself an Iron Man type suit if he felt like it, but he doesn't need one, because he's Batman.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                        The Batman would win. He could easily build himself an Iron Man type suit if he felt like it, but he doesn't need one, because he's Batman.
                        Heh. Yeah. He did just that in Batman vs. Predator (one of the few Batman stuff I actually have ).
                        sigpic

Comment

batman wins. one emp and iron man is dead
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            Damn right. He could make himself a metal suit, but he'd rather feel it as he beats the crap out of lowlifes
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Damn right. He could make himself a metal suit, but he'd rather feel it as he beats the crap out of lowlifes
                              Indeed! Its much more fun that way, Iron Man does very little...his suit does all the work....how boring!

Comment

Working...
                              X