X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shows I miss....

Carnivale
    Wonderful HBO series, mixing religion and fantasy in a brilliant plot. Fabulous setting, tremendous sets, brilliant story and perfect casting (I could listen to Clancy Brown read the dictionary). It's a damn shame this was cancelled after only two of its planned 6 seasons.

Crusade
    I know a lot of people found it kind of 'meh', but I quite enjoyed it and thought it was full of potential for growth. Quite liked (most of) the characters, too. In general I miss the B5 universe.

Defying Gravity
    A show cheated out of life by both ABC and Sci Fi. It was really something different and awesome, I wish it had gone on for longer.

Farscape
    Do I really need to elaborate on this one?

Firefly
    Or this one?

Lexx
    I wanted just one more season, just one more. Something to make up for the god-awful season 4. Before we found out it was ending, I had it in my head that they could do a season 5 by going back in time and being part of the Insect Wars.

Red Dwarf
    More specifically, the early Grant/Naylor years. After Rob Grant left, the show lost something important. I still enjoyed it, I liked Back to Earth, and I'm thrilled it's coming back again... But it's just not got that hilarity it had in the beginning.

Stargate SG-1
    After the pretty lackluster seasons 7-8, the last two years really gave the show the shot in the arm that it needed. I loved it all over again and was thrilled when we heard that they'd been given the go-ahead to sign on cast and crew for season 11. And then Sci Fi pulled the rug out from under us =\ I'm still bitter. If so much I like wasn't from Syfy, I'd still be boycotting them.

The X-Files
    I loved the Doggett/Reyes years. I think they got way too much of a bad rap when they were on, just because everyone was used to Mulder/Scully being the focus. But these two, IMO, proved that the series could keep going with other characters as well. Shame that I Want To Believe wasn't great.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Of all the shows you mentioned, the only ones I've really watched is SG-1 and The X-Files. Though I never really did care for the last 2 seasons of The X-Files.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Crusade
      I know a lot of people found it kind of 'meh', but I quite enjoyed it and thought it was full of potential for growth. Quite liked (most of) the characters, too. In general I miss the B5 universe.

Defying Gravity
      A show cheated out of life by both ABC and Sci Fi. It was really something different and awesome, I wish it had gone on for longer.

Farscape
      Do I really need to elaborate on this one?

Firefly
      Or this one?
      Stargate SG-1
      After the pretty lackluster seasons 7-8, the last two years really gave the show the shot in the arm that it needed. I loved it all over again and was thrilled when we heard that they'd been given the go-ahead to sign on cast and crew for season 11. And then Sci Fi pulled the rug out from under us =\ I'm still bitter. If so much I like wasn't from Syfy, I'd still be boycotting them.

The X-Files
      I loved the Doggett/Reyes years. I think they got way too much of a bad rap when they were on, just because everyone was used to Mulder/Scully being the focus. But these two, IMO, proved that the series could keep going with other characters as well. Shame that I Want To Believe wasn't great.
      I love the Crusades! Love the techno-mages and Dureena Nafeel I'm with you, the whole B5 universe was cool as hell.

I'm still watching Defying Gravity on Space here, but I really wish it wasn't canceled. If ever a show deserved a bit more life (well, that would be Firefly, but DG would be cool too).

Farscape....Claudia Black and Ben Browder....there was so much chemistry there it's hard not to love it

Firefly. Bring it back. that is all.

SG1 is something else I can still watch on Space here so it's cool

X-Files...got them all on disc but I still miss watching it on tv
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I don't get it, are we supposed to list shows we miss? OK! I'll do that!

Stargate SG-1
        I was absolutely devastated beyond belief when I found it was cancelled. I was hoping for two more seasons to properly finish up the Ori arc. I loved Seasons 9 and 10, alot! I loved Adria and the Lucian Alliance...alot. Heck I loved Mitchell, Vala, and Landry too! The last two seasons of SG1 made me so excited to be watching TV, no show has yet to rival the excitement I felt with every episode, except maybe Doctor Who and Smallville.

Moonlight
        A show about a vampire who is a private investigator, it was great! At least I liked it, better than True Blood and The Vampire Dairies IMO. David Blue(Eli on SGU) appeared in a few episodes. It only lasted a season.

The Dresden Files
        Sure the series isn't as good as the books, but there was so much potential. It only lasted a season and was starting to get really good.

Firefly
        Who couldn't miss this show?

I'm sure I can think of more. I don't miss The X-Files as I haven't finished watching the show just yet! I have yet to watch Farscape or Defying Gravity but I plan on watching them sometime this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I don't get it, are we supposed to list shows we miss? OK! I'll do that!
          That was the idea, yes. Glad you got it
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Stargate SG1
            The show has really started to pick up a lot of momentum with the Ori arc, and I feel that the show had enough juice for two more seasons and then come to a saisfying conclusion.
            Battlestar Galactica
            No sci fi show has ever been able to engage me in the same way that BSG did, not even Stargate. The characters, the story, the action, the mysticism, everything was brilliant. Sure it had it low points in back half of season three, but I think that everything was great in season 4. Still, things felt a little rushed towards the end of the series, so I really think that the show could have benefitted from one more season to wrap things up.
            Alias
            During the first three seasons the show was the best show on tv for me, and even though the last two seasons were pretty awful, I still miss the show.
            Firefly
            Do I even need to explain myself on this one?
            sigpic

Comment

Brimstone
              Strange Luck
              Seven Days
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                Brimstone
                Strange Luck
                Seven Days
                Very nice choices. Was disappointed that the first two only lasted a season. Was fun seeing John Glover play Satan in Brimstone.

I miss...

Reaper
                Sock was hilarious and after the season two finale, I was really enjoying where it was going.

The Middleman
                Lasted like 12 episodes, but I found it to be a very interesting and charming show.

Farscape
                I couldn't think of a scifi series that ended so well. Just a fantastic series. Was a bit iffy when it started but developed fantastically.

Firefly
                I know some may think of this as overrated at times due to the fan reaction and it's short episode count, but this for me easily could have been a series I'd have watched for season after season.

Seven Days
                For me, one of the best time travel shows, which isn't too hard since they only ever made like 4 of them that actively involve time travel (Time Tunnel, Quantum Leap, TimeCop: The Series and Seven Days).

Tenchi Muyo
                A classic anime I used to watch, if you can consider something from the early 90s classic. The show has returned every so often over the years in one form or another, but the original was a fantastic anime.

Deep Space Nine
                I've got the worst urge to rewatch this (damn superior thread). Fantastic show and I'd love to watch it again.

Stargate: Atlantis
                Want to rewatch this too. Shame it got taken off the air for SGU.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Very nice choices. Was disappointed that the first two only lasted a season. Was fun seeing John Glover play Satan in Brimstone. ...
                  he made a fantastic Satan!
                  'before the invention of elevators, I had to walk up from hell'
                  sigpic

Comment

Stargate Atlantis

It should of kept going.....to at least a sixth or seventh season.

Comment

until yesterday power rangers.

but i miss

big bad bettleborgs

digimon

star trek TNG
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

i miss sg1. but i miss the show of seasons 1-8 the most.

sally

sigpic

Comment

At the moment i miss Torchwood quite a lot, i know it's not actually gone but i miss my fix and can't wait for more.

On a more permanent note:

Farscape, Firefly, Dwarf, BSG, SGA
                          sigpic

Comment

Battlestar Galactica
                            It is my favourite Sci-Fi show to date. It was just perfectly done in my opinion. It did faultier every now and then (Personally would have preferred if they never went to New Caprica) but I always badly wanted to see the next episode and it was just simply amazing to me.

Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles
                            I actually quite liked this show, I was already a fan of the Terminator franchise and this just felt like the good story lines you got in a 2 or so film spread out in a story arc. The ending seriously annoyed me as it was a massive cliffhanger which sadly wont be resolved.

The Unit
                            This show portrayed the US military in a very good positive light (which is part of the reason as to why it was cancelled I think). The episodes were essetionally split between action and the daily life's of the army wife's and to me it was a perfect balance which allowed this show to appeal to both sexes.

Firefly
                            Goes without saying, biggest mistake ever made not allowing this show to continue.

The 4400
                            I really enjoyed this show, found the way they handled powers interesting. It easily could have went on, the ending was a kinda cliffhanger but not as bad as other shows that have been cancelled in the past.

Jeremiah
                            Actually came across this show when looking at info about Cheyenne Mountain (They named it Thunder Mountain in the show). I just found the whole concept intriguing about what the world would be like if a disease wiped out everyone older than adolescence and how the children would survive.

Comment

I'm going with the obvious ones:

Firefly
                              Why Fox wanted to run this show into the ground is beyond me. One of the most entertaining TV series I have ever watched. Good thing a major studio took notice and we got a huge blockbuster in Serenity.

Farscape
                              At least this made it to 4 seasons, but could have gone on longer. Its weirdness made it really interesting to watch. Good thing for The Peacekeeper Wars to wrap things up quite nicely.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X