Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how many on this board hate the movie Avatar and why?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how many on this board hate the movie Avatar and why?

It has come to my attention that a lot of people on this board absolutely loathe the latest JC film, I would like to know why..
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...on-Speculation
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

its an over rated, extremely too long, cliched, dances with wolves rip off
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude of Lebowski View Post
        its an over rated, extremely too long, cliched, dances with wolves rip off
        At least I'm not the only one to see it as a Dances with Wolves ripoff.

sigpic

Comment

Pocahontas in Blue
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Pocahontas in Blue
            Exactly.

Comment

It got so much hype that people went into it expecting to be absolutely blown away and so incredibly awed by the fantastic graphics that they'd never be satisfied by any other special effects again. It was supposed to be the best movie EVER.

Well, it wasn't. Not by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Pocahontas in Blue
                I think that's the best description for Avatar I've ever read.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I think that's the best description for Avatar I've ever read.
                  I liked "Dances with Smurfs" too

Comment

I dislike it, but I don't 'hate' it.

Why? Coz the Mercs/Marines SHOULD HAVE WON!!!
                    (more poignant ending, too, I would think )

Didn't care much for the plot or character development, either (some bits were just a tad too unbelievable at times).
                    The visuals were nice/pretty, but I can't really agree w/ some of the designs (esp. of the mecha: come on: that glass canopy on the mech was just wrong... ).
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                      The visuals were nice/pretty, but I can't really agree w/ some of the designs (esp. of the mecha: come on: that glass canopy on the mech was just wrong... ).
                      Agreed. The special effects were nice, but I can't say I was flabbergasted or anything. I feel more for the animated characters in movies like Up and How to Train Your Dragon. (Which is probably due to character development as well.)

I was also mad that they killed Trudy off. She was the only one I actually sort of liked.

Comment

The visual effects are the only reason to really watch the movie. Everything from the plot was completely predictable. If the movie had been dubbed in Chinese and had no subtitles, the complete lack of understanding the movie still would have made it predictable.

sigpic

Comment

You're definitely right about the plot... I knew what was going to happen pretty early on. Of course, my RL friend (who saw it three times and is still a little obsessed) is mad because I keep poking holes in the plot, because it's more about the experience than the story. Which I think is stupid, because isn't the whole point of a movie to enjoy the story?

Anyway. It's the same for me the graphics were the only reason I eventually went to see it. Even that was pretty unimpressive to me, though. I came out saying, "Hmm. Well, I guess that did look pretty real." But that was about it.

Comment

all CG and no story
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm probably one of the few on the planet in this, but I have yet to watch this movie
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X