X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portal for free until the 24th

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/

one of the best games ever made and its free got to love valve

also a lot of mods will run off of this and many of these are games unto themselves the one in my sig is a good example

EDIT: portal now runs on macs too but mods have never been tested on a mac

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Half-Life > Portal. I love everything Valve.

Comment

Portal is made of win, wrapped in awesome, and packaged in brilliant. If you haven't played it, you owe it to yourself to play it. Pretty much the most innovative game I've ever played.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Anyone who doesn't own portal by the 24th is a fool or doesn't have a computer
        even Linux users have no excuse portal works through wine

Comment

I'd be a fool to get Portal. It's already in my Steam account. It's not installed, though. Too busy playing the original Half Life deathmatch.

PS. Portal 2 might be subject to some delays.

"Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
            I'd be a fool to get Portal. It's already in my Steam account. It's not installed, though. Too busy playing the original Half Life deathmatch.

PS. Portal 2 might be subject to some delays.

Half-Life Deathmatch pwns. But its crazy sometimes!

Comment

Too busy playing the original Half Life deathmatch.
              Oh dear. Why punish yourself so? The only thing less fun than HLDM was Ricochet =\

PS. Portal 2 might be subject to some delays.[/QUOTE]
              My favourite part of the official Valve developer community site.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I've heard a lot about Portal, but I've never played it. But the price was right, so it's installing now.
                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  Half-Life Deathmatch pwns. But its crazy sometimes!
                  Hell yeah, it does. Most servers these days have that crazy bubbleMod installed, though.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Oh dear. Why punish yourself so? The only thing less fun than HLDM was Ricochet =\

My favourite part of the official Valve developer community site.
                  LOL I'm usually the one doing the punishing. Why? Did you try it once and get Pwnd? I wouldn't class HLDM as low as Ricochet - now that was an awful experience. There's nothing to beat the feeling of spinning up the gauss and flying around the map and then getting a head-shot in with the xbow.

I admit, there are times when I truly hate this game, but I always seem to end up coming back to it - especially after a game of Counter Strike. The only other game where I've had the same feeling of gameplay is Jedi Outcast in Lightsabre mode. Now that game doth rock and I think we both agree on that.

edit: Heh. Great link.
                  Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 13 May 2010, 10:35 AM.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

LOL I'm usually the one doing the punishing. Why? Did you try it once and get Pwnd?
                    Nah, I just found it was a truly awful experience. In Half-Life's heyday, there was really no reason to play it--Q2, Q3, and UT deathmatch were just so head and shoulders above better than HLDM.

And even limiting things to the HL community, there were so many better multiplayer experiences available...Battlegrounds, CS, DOD (pre-Source, when it was still GOOD), Firearms, FLF (oh how I miss FLF), Science & Industry, Vampire Slayers...the list just goes on and on

The only other game where I've had the same feeling of gameplay is Jedi Outcast in Lightsabre mode. Now that game doth rock and I think we both agree on that.
                    Amen sir, amen

edit: Heh. Great link.
                    I thought so too

Comment

I love the original Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat too! I can't wait for Steam to come to Mac!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I love the original Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat too! I can't wait for Steam to come to Mac!
                        Its already on mac this portal deal applies to macs as well they are converting the games in batches releasing every Wednesday looks like linux compatibility is on the way too.

Comment

Hey anyone who for some reason is reading this thread and doesn't own Portal and hasn't yet immediately gone straight to buy it: DO IT!
                          Seriously, it's a great game. And if you do it, I'll bake you. lots of delicious cake.
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I love Portal, seriously one of my favourite games ever, am slightly annoyed that it's free while I had to spend a tenner on it though. Why are they giving it away anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                              Its already on mac this portal deal applies to macs as well they are converting the games in batches releasing every Wednesday looks like linux compatibility is on the way too.
                              I gotz it now! But Half-Life isn't out yet. I have Portal on the Xbox 360.

Comment

Working...
                              X