This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Board Game, Technology Project

As part of my Technology Project for GSCE, i have been given the brief to design and make a board game that does no include electronics.

For the board game i have decided the theme to be Stargate

as part of the folder work, i am required to do Research into what people want in a game

so, my question to you is:

What would your ideal Stargate Board Game be ?

if you can give detail it might help boost my grade
    Virtual Jurassic Park

A Risk-like game where you pick a System Lord or a Tauri Faction, and battle for the control of the galaxy. Each faction would have its own powers, and you would need to find adresses to attack certain planets, etc...

Comment

How about this: The objective of the game is to collect all of the 7 chevrons to get back to earth. The chevrons would be cards, and like in many games, when you land on a certain space, you pick up an "Event card" so to speak, and if you get a certain event card, you get a chevron, and when you get all 7 chevrons, the player has to go to the stargat which can be a toy stargate, or a picture of one in the middle of the board. Then the player wins. Of corse there would be more to the game, but that's th main idea.
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Shtaman
        A Risk-like game where you pick a System Lord or a Tauri Faction, and battle for the control of the galaxy. Each faction would have its own powers, and you would need to find adresses to attack certain planets, etc...
        I agree. Risk is a great game, and it'd go along with the theme. Instead of countries you could have planets, and you could travel by ship or through the Stargate. A ship should only be able to attack close places, but carry more men, while you could attack anywhere through the Stargate, but there'd be a limit on how many went through each turn.

Good luck with the Game! You'll have to show us the finished copy somehow, I'd like to see it.

Comment

i will post some pictures when its finished, but it wont be until easter time

Risk, the armies are

Goa'uld
          Tokra'
          Wraith
          Tau'ri
          Asgard
          Replicators

and i'm having two boards, one is Our Galaxy and the other is the Pegasus Galaxy
          Virtual Jurassic Park

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorOfRovac
            i will post some pictures when its finished, but it wont be until easter time
            Too Long! Too Long!

OK, I'll try to wait, but once you've finished it you've gotta post images straight away. I want to see it finished!

Comment

i would post them earlier, unless i finish the project quickly.....but its due in before easter

i am going to buy and existing board game, cover it in what i want, it'll save making the board
              Virtual Jurassic Park

Comment

soz to bring this up again, but i'd thought i'd give an update

the game board is finished, and laminated, will try and take photos soon, okay so its not the best looking game board, but i'm happy with it
                Virtual Jurassic Park

Comment

Working...
                X