Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anatomy of Destruction: Let's destroy a Starship!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anatomy of Destruction: Let's destroy a Starship!

Well I'm sure most of us LOVE watching space ships in sci-fi getting blasted and blown apart on screen and just enjoy when ships get blown to pieces!

-I know I do it's part of what makes Sci-Fi fun to watch-

So I had the thought recently after looking at a good many of the Star Trek ships I have and thinking "How can you destroy a ship like that...a shot to the Warp Nacells? A Ship Ramming into the Top of the Saucer Section? Crashing the ship into a planet?"

With so many ships in Sci-Fi I was thinking of making a general thread for each series but since there are so many ships might as well make one thread for them all.

So starting off what shall we destroy today?

First thing as I look around my room I notice is the Enterprise D [I have a few of the Enterprise D Ships from the Micromachines to the Starship Legends around]

Looking at the Galaxy Class Enterprise D. I've always wondered:

A Straight Beam through the Warp Nacelles -Say an Ori Beam Weapon punching through the Shields and literally blowing both Nacelles apart.

Chances are when that happens the energy that is in those nacelles gets sent to the warp drive and KABLAMMO the ship is blown to kingdom come.

And of course Shuttlecraft, I have lost track of how many shuttle craft have been destroyed during the course of Star Trek The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine,Voyager....so from this the question is:
    Best way to Destroy a Shuttlecraft?

Also another ship that comes to mind is the Battlestar Galactica, I still always have wanted to know what would have happened if the FTL Drive failed while they were falling through the atmosphere.

The Impact alone probably would have killed everyone on board and the old ship would have literally fallen in on itself possibly.

Another thing that comes to mind is the F-304, we saw the Korolev getting blown up in the Ori Battle by the Ori Beam Weapons that hit the Engines and blew it to kingdom come.

I've also wondered if you crashed Atlantis how would people survive in the city? or WOULD they survive a crash at all?

And in Star Wars we saw little of the Space Battle above Endor but can tell that the Fighters inflicted heavy damage on Star Destroyers and an A-Wing ramming into the Executor's bridge took it down[actually it was the gravity field of the Death Star that did but had it not been around the Death Star it might have been different]

Using these ships as the starting topic of this thread I hope that it'll be a good discussion.
    Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Originally posted by Tyjos2 View Post
    And in Star Wars we saw little of the Space Battle above Endor but can tell that the Fighters inflicted heavy damage on Star Destroyers and an A-Wing ramming into the Executor's bridge took it down[actually it was the gravity field of the Death Star that did but had it not been around the Death Star it might have been different]
    I always assumed that the Executor's destruction was mostly due to, what I assume would be, temporary confusion when the Emperor died (I mean, he did use Battle Meditation, yes?).
    I mean, wouldn't something as sophisticated as a Super Star Destroyer have an auxiliary bridge (or two, or three?) or redundancies to avoid catastrophic failure? I mean, it'd actually be so stupid if they're engineers had made it so easy to destroy (Ship designer: let's put the shield generators on top of the tallest structure of our flagship design! Oh, and make sure all key systems are controlled on the bridge alone! I mean, what's the worst that could happen?!? )

I'd like to see, in beautifully rendered CGI, the destruction of any of the most massive ships in Warhammer 40,000's 'Battlefleet Gothic'. They're, what, less than 20km long? (anything but Craftworlds, I think I'd cry if I saw one of those go up in flames. Eldar FTW! )
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X