Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covers for SG-1 S8 and SG-A S1 Rental DVDs (R2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covers for SG-1 S8 and SG-A S1 Rental DVDs (R2)

SG-P published the Covers for Stargate SG-1 Season 8 Volume 1 and 2 Rental DVDs as well as the Atlantis Season 1 Volume 1 and 2 Rental DVDs. We've also published the Cover for Stargate Atlantis Season 1 Volume 1 Retail DVD. I think the DVDs all over the world will look similar, so you can now get the first look to those DVDs.

http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate...on=show&ID=192

The text is in German, and bigger versions of the packshots/covers will follow in a few hours.

Enjoy!
    Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

According to that site, volumes 1 and 2 of Atlantis will have the same graphics with only slightly different colors... you'd think they could do better. Especially since only Sheppard and a wraith make it onto the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
      According to that site, volumes 1 and 2 of Atlantis will have the same graphics with only slightly different colors... you'd think they could do better. Especially since only Sheppard and a wraith make it onto the cover.
      But those are the RENT dvds.

Comment

I was hoping they would colour the Atlantis DVD's white and blue, not the same dark colour schemes... anyhow, hopefully they will change. The SG-1 DVDs look good though.

Comment

The Region 2 version of the SG-1 cover art has been up for a while but now the Atlantis version is up at www.hmv.co.uk as well. Its basically the same but with the bbfc certificate added. Just go to the site and search Stargate Atlantis

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
              But those are the RENT dvds.
              Yeah, but the Atlantis vol.1 sale DVD matches the rent dvd. I'm willing to bet that the same will be true of vol.2.

Comment

Yeah, but the Atlantis vol.1 sale DVD matches the rent dvd. I'm willing to bet that the same will be true of vol.2.
                But if you further look at that website it looks as though they get 10 rent DVDs and the regular 5 sale dvds. I'd say that the sale dvds have the regular 4 episodes each but the rent ones only have two, which is why the first two rent volumes have such similar artwork.

It just doesnt make sense for all five sale volumes to have the same artwork and if this does happen with the English versions I'll be very angry.

Comment

Nope it's different. No Robert Patrick on the rent dvds.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                    Nope it's different. No Robert Patrick on the rent dvds.
                    That is one tiny change. Simply didn't notice it

Comment

Thank you Thor! I've been wondering what the covers for Atlantis would be looking like.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

That is one tiny change. Simply didn't notice it
                        lol Don't worry, I'm sure the covers will be different.

Comment

There are pictures with higher resolution at
                          http://www.dvd-inside.de/archiv/0105/100105-9.htm and
                          http://www.dvd-inside.de/archiv/0105/100105-8.htm (click on the images).

Again, those are just the German rental DVDs, but last year (Season 7) the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th of the rental DVDs looked the same as the German buyable DVD covers for S7, which in return looked like the UK DVDs (except for text).

EDIT: If you scroll down, you'll find the buyable DVDs (at least for Atlantis).
                          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                          X