Chuck vs. Michael Westen vs. Neal Caffrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck vs. Michael Westen vs. Neal Caffrey

Three NBC Universal shows about guys who infiltrate the criminal underworld. So who's the most effective?

I'd have to say that Michael Westen (Burn Notice) would outperform Chuck Bartowski's Intersect pretty easily (just look at Shaw). Really the only advantage Chuck has over Michael is his technological savvy. Michael is about as good as any Super Spy with computers, but Chuck seems several levels above Michael.

Neal Caffrey is easily the most charismatic, and he can reproduce pretty much any piece of art or currency in a few hours. He's also a master marksmen even though he doesn't shoot people (like Chuck), but there's no way he's anywhere near Intersect or Super Spy level in combat.

So who takes the cake as the best operative?

As for me, I have to go with Michael Westen. Agent Shaw usually put Chuck to shame, and I think Westen is far more skilled than Shaw. And Agent Burke did catch Neal twice, and as much as I love Peter, there's no way he's on Westen's level either.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

I'd say Michael Westen hands down.. I love Neal Caffrey, but he's more about the finesse of crime than anything. Michael is more versatile and therefore I vote him.. I've never seen Chuck though, so maybe I'm wrong.

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Michael Westen is obviously the best operative. He's got the skills, the smarts and the drive to get things done plus he's the only one there who could be considered ruthless enough to actually function as an operative.

Neal could however be better at infiltrating organizations since he is a great con man, it's just that his skill set is way to limited.

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
        I'd say Michael Westen hands down.. I love Neal Caffrey, but he's more about the finesse of crime than anything. Michael is more versatile and therefore I vote him.. I've never seen Chuck though, so maybe I'm wrong.
        Chuck has/had a hardcore following, he's almost exactly Eli (from SGU), a young slacker computer genius, only with the full CIA/NSA database of spycraft uploaded into his head. Despite the knowledge, he has no practical training. Somewhat interestingly, his "Yoda" was portrayed by Matt Bomer who went on to play Neal Caffrey.

I stopped watching Chuck before it ended, so I missed the last season. Despite his team including Adam Baldwin as John Casey, I would say all three of Chuck's superspys would struggle to take on Michael Westen alone.

Matt Bomer's character on there was somewhat similar to Neal, only spy instead of criminal, more into combat, and technological genius rather than art, but the same general personality traits.

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
        Michael Westen is obviously the best operative. He's got the skills, the smarts and the drive to get things done plus he's the only one there who could be considered ruthless enough to actually function as an operative.

Neal could however be better at infiltrating organizations since he is a great con man, it's just that his skill set is way to limited.
        I so agree with this!
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
        X