Earth Final Conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Final Conflict

I was a big fan of Earth Final Conflict and was wondering if anyone knew of any good forums out there for this show. I know the show has ended so I can not expect anything as big as what we have here, but something decent where I can get lots of good opinions and info. I can't wait until all seasons are released on DVD because I would like to watch this story all again as it has now been a few years (funny though I can watch a Stargate ep though again just weeks after viewing it). Anyways I have done a few searchs via Google, and came away quite un-impressed with what is out there.

Also, I saw an earlier post by someone (forgot who, and which thread) who mentioned the difference between S1 and S2 of this show. I wouldn't mind seeing some comments on this.

p.s. Can anyone answer this question as well? Didn't this forum used to be hosted on the Delphi boards?

Yes this forum was hosted in Delphi board but Darren created this new forum board for gateworld I think it was in May 2004 when it was up and running and it is reall good welcome to gateworld forum.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Thanks Wass, I used to be on that Delphi board but have long since forgotten my username/pass. I remember the Delphi boards were a real pain in the @$$ to navigate, sure am glad vBulletin and phpbb are available now. Sure is a huge upgrade.

Comment

I just wanted to state that I was a big fan of this show in the beginning years, but I really hated the direction it took as it ended.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

S5 sucked yes.

Comment

Same here I lost interest in the show after the first 3 seasons.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I think I lost in interest in the show when they replaced Boone. While Kincaid did bring in the pretty, he just couldn't act very well. His angry, hurt and sad looks all looked the same, the "smell the fart" kind of acting.

But I did like the mythology, the universe, the technology and the language. And I especially liked the music. Too bad I can't find the soundtrack.

Comment

good show

how many seasons did it go ?

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                I think I lost in interest in the show when they replaced Boone. While Kincaid did bring in the pretty, he just couldn't act very well. His angry, hurt and sad looks all looked the same, the "smell the fart" kind of acting.
                i liked Kincaid, but Boon was the better of the two.

Do you remember why the guy who played Boon left after season 1 (what was the guys name anyhow) ?
                http://bickenland.lonaf.com/phpBB2/index.php

This is a sig, have a nice day.

Comment

I remember being disappointed and a little annoyed that Boone was gone. But I kept watching with Kincaid anyway. When Kincaid left, so did I. Never liked Palmer or her sidekick, Street or whatever. Tuned in a bit towards the end just to see what was going on but it got too weird. Personally I felt Sandoval's character was utterly wasted. They throw out a good episode like "Sandoval's Run" and then treat him like he's a supervillain for the rest of the series. At least he stuck through to the end of the series. I don't recall if anyone else from the original cast did.

Comment

I loved street, hated palmer and the atavus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tim
                      i liked Kincaid, but Boon was the better of the two.
                      I liked the idea of him very much. But for me the execution of his character was a bit ... eh. One of the things that got me was how in the world was Sandoval supposed to be his father, even with Beckett as his mother.

Eunoia "beautiful thinking". I love that word. That and Shaq'arava. I find how the Taelons talk, the sound of their voices and how the enunciate their words to be very smooth and soothing, even with the minor hissings.

Comment

"Earth Final Conflict" was (and in some way) still my favourite Canadian made TV series. I love that show, except for the 5th season although the finale was pretty good.

The intro music was great, great cast, and of course canadian made
                        sigpic
                        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                          I liked the idea of him very much. But for me the execution of his character was a bit ... eh. One of the things that got me was how in the world was Sandoval supposed to be his father, even with Beckett as his mother.

Eunoia "beautiful thinking". I love that word. That and Shaq'arava. I find how the Taelons talk, the sound of their voices and how the enunciate their words to be very smooth and soothing, even with the minor hissings.
                          The Asgard remind me of the Taelons, or vice versa; sexless beings on the brink of extinction.

To address another post: I can't recall the actor's name who played Boone, but he showed up on some failed sitcom the next year as a lawyer! (Almost Perfect?)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The intro-music was indeed some of the best I've heard. Been looking for a version of it with a high bitrate.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              I loved street, hated palmer and the atavus.
                              Street was amuseing, but the show had jumped the shark by that point. I think i had started watching it less by that point.
                              http://bickenland.lonaf.com/phpBB2/index.php

This is a sig, have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                              X