X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oz, The Great Powerful (Wizard Of Oz prequel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Robert Downey Jr eyes 'Wizard Of Oz'

Robert Downey Jr is eyeing the lead role in Disney's Wizard Of Oz prequel, reports the Los Angeles Times.

The Joe Roth-produced project is also targetting Sam Mendes (Revolutionary Road) and Adam Shankman (Hairspray) for the director's chair and may begin production as early as next spring.

Mitchell Kapner adapted the Oz project, titled The Great Powerful, from the book series by L. Frank Baum. The wizard in the revamped version is expected to be darker than the MGM musical character as played by Frank Morgan.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ard-of-oz.html

Huh, interesting. But I though WB was doing an Oz series? Oh well, wither it works for me! Wizard of Oz FTW!

Comment

Hmmm...Wonder how this one will play out.
      sigpic

Comment

Sam Raimi offered 'Wizard Of Oz' prequel

Sam Raimi has been offered the directing job for Disney's Wizard Of Oz prequel. The former Spider-Man director has emerged as the frontrunner to helm the movie - titled Oz, The Great And Powerful - ahead of Sam Mendes (Revolutionary Road) and Adam Shankman (Hairspray), according to Vulture.

Disney is hoping to begin production on the fantasy revamp this year, with Robert Downey Jr. rumoured to be taking the lead role.

Mitchell Kapner and Joe Roth adapted the Oz script from the book series by L. Frank Baum. The wizard in the revamped version is expected to be darker than the MGM musical character as played by Frank Morgan.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...z-prequel.html

Comment

I surely hope RDJ gets the role. It will make the movie even more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
            I surely hope RDJ gets the role. It will make the movie even more interesting.
            I agree...I think he'd be excellent in the role.
            sigpic

Comment

Sam Raimi? Sweeeeet!

Comment

Working...
              X