Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you get started on science-fiction?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you get started on science-fiction?

As far back as you can remember, what was it that first sparked your curiosity about alien life forms, technology we are so very far from creating, worlds beyond Earth, history beyond time, and existence beyond this reality as we know it?

Startrek the next generation. i watched it every chance i could.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Not sure I can remember that far back. However, I do remember in high school being interested in space, the early space program, reading books by Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein, etc., and the whole concept of other races on other planets, and was excited when Star Trek came along. And then there was the whole "Chariots of the Gods" notion (and book(s)) put out by Erich von Daniken, so when the original Stargage movie came out, I was interested to see how that notion was made into a movie.

Comment

Watching Star Trek The Next Generation as a toddler with my dad.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Star Trek the original one, Ray Bradbury, Dr. Who and a who plethora of other books.
          sigpic

Comment

I have always been here. d

Comment

Funnily enough it was Red Dwarf for me. That was the first sci fi type thing i seen and I loved it so much that I checked out other sci fi shows including more serious ones and just kind of fell in love with the genre from there.
              sigpic

Comment

It was forced on me. My dad liked watching TNG and VOY and I was 4
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  but it turned out so well
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Not sure I can remember that far back. However, I do remember in high school being interested in space, the early space program, reading books by Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein, etc., and the whole concept of other races on other planets, and was excited when Star Trek came along. And then there was the whole "Chariots of the Gods" notion (and book(s)) put out by Erich von Daniken, so when the original Stargage movie came out, I was interested to see how that notion was made into a movie.
                    Interesting. Thank you for sharing . Concerning age, I am not quite sure about the demographics here.

Comment

I pretty much didn't have a choice...one of my earliest memories is of watching Star Trek with my parents and my older brother, who was far more fond of it at the time than I was. I quickly learned to love it, however--especially after watching SG1.
                      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Ha, that's almost exactly what happened to me. Except my whole family was into it, not just my dad.
                        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

It was forced on me. by My dad
                          sigpic

Comment

Doctor Who back in the 60s when I was a tiny Clanger. Then The Tomorrow People, Doctor Who and Sapphire and Steel in the 70s plus Star Trek on the UK reruns.
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Watching Star Trek The Original Series and Star Trek The Next Generation.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X