This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promo Vid for London 2014

London is bidding to host the 72nd World Science Fiction Convention in 2014. Here's a promo vid for it & it's absolutely brilliant.

Extra points for saying where all the clips came from. (I haven't the foggiest idea about some of them & I'd like to know. )

Loads from Dr Who, 24 Days/Weeks Later, V for Vendetta, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Reign of Fire. Not sure about the rest.

Comment

That's about as far as I got. I think The Prisoner is in there.

Comment

hmm... I think a short bit is from the Steamboy anime. The black and white thingy: is that '1984'? (wouldn't know, haven't seen the movie...tho' there was a 'big brother' poster thing)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
          London is bidding to host the 72nd World Science Fiction Convention in 2014. Here's a promo vid for it & it's absolutely brilliant.

Extra points for saying where all the clips came from. (I haven't the foggiest idea about some of them & I'd like to know. )

A complete list of content (not in any particular order);

Lots of New Who obviously
          Some original Who (specifically 'The Dalek Invasion Of Earth', 'The Invasion', 'The War Machines' & 'The Web Of Fear')
          New BBC version of 'The Day Of The Triffids' (not very good, but some nice images)
          'Day Of The Triffids' movie (the one with Howard Keel)
          28 Days Later
          28 Weeks Later
          The Avengers (the rubbish movie with Ralph Fiennes- again, dodgy film, nice images)
          The Prisoner
          An American Werewolf In London
          Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince
          Steam Boy
          Reign Of Fire
          V For Vendetta
          From Hell
          Konga
          The Bed-Sitting Room
          Nineteen Eighty-Four (the TV version adapted by Nigel Kneale)
          and finally the most obscure one;
          Sherlock Holmes (straight to video movie starring Gareth David-Lloyd & Dominic Keating - Holmes with a steampunk influence - the clip is the dragon - which is mechanical - breathing fire on Big Ben)

And there you have it.

Regards,
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X