• Show
Clear All

Scifi Shows 'on the bubble' as of April 2010

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...e869ae2a709f13

'V,' 'Heroes' among bubble shows
    Status of several series still uncertain as upfronts creep closer

By James Hibberd
    April 4, 2010, 11:00 PM ET

With the May upfronts creeping closer, networks have pared the number of remaining shows considered on the bubble for renewal.

Fox's "Fringe," the CW's "Smallville" and NBC's "Community" were rescued by their networks. Fox's "24" and ABC's "Ugly Betty" were not as lucky. Meanwhile, broadcasters have received added clarity about the strength of their remaining uncertain contenders for next season.

On ABC, "FlashForward" and "V" had nearly even odds for a pickup during their four-month hiatus. Now that they've returned, "FlashForward" is considered highly unlikely to get a second season, as its ratings having dropped below the 2.0 threshold in the key 18-49 adult demographic on Thursday nights.

After its midseason premiere last week, "V" remains uncertain, but if the sci-fi drama can maintain its current ratings level, the show's evil reptiles will most likely invade ABC next season.

On NBC, "Heroes" is the network's biggest question mark, with the Peacock strongly considering a final-season order. Like every bubble show, the quality of the network's pilots will play a key role in deciding how many shows return. "Chuck" is less of a mystery -- the network is more optimistic this year than last.

REST AT LINK ABOVE
    Last edited by prion; 05 April 2010, 06:40 AM.

If they cancel Chuck I'll hate them forever.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

shouldn't Flashforward be able to see their cancellation coming?

just saying ....
      [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

I sure hope Heroes gets one more season. I really hope V and Chuck continue longer, ratings are soooo stupid IMO.
        Last edited by Replicator Todd; 07 April 2010, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I love Chuck, but if they don't once and for all resolve this will they won't they thing with him and Sara, I might have to stop watching it. I liked it at first, but now it's unbearable.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
            I love Chuck, but if they don't once and for all resolve this will they won't they thing with him and Sara, I might have to stop watching it. I liked it at first, but now it's unbearable.
            Spoiler tagged
            Spoiler:
            Tonight's episode was a nice ending with Chuck & Sarah
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 07 April 2010, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Spoilers for Ep aired April 4 apparently.
              Spoiler:
              Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
              Tonight's episode was a nice ending with Chuck & Sarah

Spoiler:
              I was actually thinking tonight's ep would have been a good series finale cause it wrapped that up, but I think if they just keep them together now, the show should be in good shape.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 07 April 2010, 10:38 PM.

Perfecto!

Comment

Thanks for spoiling the end, I haven't watched it yet.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well no point for me to watch Chuck anymore after reading the two posts in this thread, I already know how it ends now
                  sigpic

Comment

They had better not cancel V!

Comment

I really hope that Chuck, Heroes, and V can come back next season.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'd say it still looks hopeful for V.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/the-renew-cancel-index

However, Heroes and FlashForward aren't looking so healthy.
                        sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria7 View Post
                          I'd say it still looks hopeful for V.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/the-renew-cancel-index

However, Heroes and FlashForward aren't looking so healthy.
                          I hope V keeps going. I have not been this excited about a show in a long time.

Wow, that makes 3600.

Comment

I only really care about Chuck from that list (I wait for the DVDs for Heroes so don't know if I like this season yet ). I'd rather watch sci-fi than anything else but usually there isn't so much on at once and it's not as popular as other genres. So I wouldn't be surprised if we loose some shows for next season.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                            X