X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM's Hot Tub Time Machine panned by Sky News Australia

It's not looking good for MGM's new flick 'Hot Tub Time Machine':

Later this month, a comedy entitled Hot Tub Time Machine opens in Australian cinemas - and if you're insane or bored you'll pay to see it.

The film, starring John Cusack, is about a bunch of dudes who, depressed with their lives, head to a ski resort for hardcore partying and discover their room has a hot tub that, surprise, surprise, doubles as a time machine that transports them back to 1986.

It is being billed as this year's The Hangover. But it's not.

What is interesting about the movie is it gives weight to a theory floating around Hollywood.

The theory is that hot tub time machines actually exist.

Seriously. They may not be fiction. . .
    Full link here.

Looks like MGM should of made the SG-1 & SGA movies, they may have sold better direct-t-DVD than Hot Tub Time Machine does @ the cinemas. Here's hoping for their sake it does (I want more SG-1 & SGA movies gods-damn it! ), I don't want to see SGU or the franchise @ risk because of poor marketing decisions or crappy programming, but I will go watch H.T.T.M. just to see what's like before I decide to pan the movie myself or not. . . .

American Pie is far, far, far from what i'd consider 'worthwhile' watching, but they made millions.

there is a market for the tasteless and tacky slapstick crude 'comedy'

which is probably the market that HTTM is aimed at...your cliched young male looking for crude jokes, scantily clad large breasted females and shallow if any, plot
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Lol. Any Hot Tub can be a Time Machine.....just requires a hell of a lot of booze.

Though it does remind me of this line for any Big Bang Theory watches out there:

"He's all like; 'I have a jacuzzi on my balcony, I have a jacuzzi on my balcony.' But wait until I tell him; I have a Time Machine on my balcony......"
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
      X