Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That home made stargate....

All Right it's always bugged me.

But how the heck did Orlen manage to cobble together a stargate in carter's basement using just the knowledge he had as an ancient and the materials he bought?

Plus I wonder how the Tollans made their own Star Gate......

As an ex-Ascended Ancient, Orlin reserves the right to play hard and fast with the laws of physics as we know them when he deems it a plot requirement.

In all seriousness, I doubt he managed it without some sort of Ascended help or superpowers.

The Tollans had the Nox to help, I never got why we didn't see more of those guys.

Comment

i'm glad we didn't see much of the nox
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

it would have been good to see more of the Nox...although i can see how it would have been hard to make stories about a race who don't fight anyone....but they could have tried...at least we got to see them unlike another race though haha
        sigpic

Comment

i would of loved to see the actual furlings not the ones from 200

Comment

well....maybe in universe...although i doubt it...or the movies if they ever make them
            sigpic

Comment

that stargate most likely had only some basic functions. but it was a humor episode regardless. i mean, how he needed a toaster....

Comment

the nox are hilariously generic
                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Mallozi said in his blog the Furlings won't be in SGU.
                  It's always suicide mission this, save the planet that. No one ever just stops by to say "Hi!" any more!
                  - Gen. Jack O'Neill

Comment

what is this? the random post thread?

Comment

I wonder how he managed to dial it I didn't see a home made DHD I think.

I'll have to re-watch the episode.

One thing for sure that home made stargate is an Artifact of the stargate Universe...might be a lost one since it pretty much showed up only in that episode...might be stowed at Area 51.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyjos View Post
                        I wonder how he managed to dial it I didn't see a home made DHD I think.

I'll have to re-watch the episode.

One thing for sure that home made stargate is an Artifact of the stargate Universe...might be a lost one since it pretty much showed up only in that episode...might be stowed at Area 51.
                        Fixed address through integrated chip or remnants of ancient powers. Orlin sugested that he still had some powers by making that gem stone for Carter, since gems only form while super high temperature & pressure are present. Maybe he resolved the lack of superconductivity in titanium or some other material he used to fabricate the ring through his powers.
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

He did say her power bill was going to be a bit high that month...or was that her credit card bill?

Comment

He bought all the materials trough the Internet using Carter's credit card.
                            sigpic
                            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Think she'd have a limit set on her card? Or her company calling her as to "We're inquiring into the purchase of several odd items.....[starts listing the purchases]"

I'd say she needs to switch to another card if a being like orlen can use hers......who knows what else might happen!

But still you got wonder how much power that little gate needed to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X