Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appeasing the Wraith, Cloning Technology?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appeasing the Wraith, Cloning Technology?

I was thining that maybe if we take the knowledge for how to clone from the asgard database then we could give it to the wraith. that way they stop culling worlds and we can breathe again. Think about it. they could take just one guy, make blank copies of him over and over again and that way they can be fed forever. every time the copies go asgard on them (deterioration) they can just grab a new guy. Simple.
    An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
    A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
    And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

That is assuming they can gain nourishment from a clone.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      And where would we find the energy to nourish and mature the clone itself ?
      La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
      L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

i don't understand why the cloned wraith food possibiity has never been explored on the show. it would be the obvious solution to the wraith crisis and they couldve adapted the cloning facility to work on human dna. instead, they tried to create an army of warriors which would only exacerbate the food shortage problem since the army needs sustenance. obviously wraith technology can clone humans since michael made a beckett clone
        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

the problem with the wraith cloning was the power supply. but the asgard cloning wasn't powered by a zpm, in fact alec colson grew one by himself. the reason it wasn't exploredon the show was probably because it would end the plot. I agree about the wraith being idiots for just cloning a new army. "an army marches on its stomach" and if there is nothing to fill that stomach your dead, and so is your army.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            there's no reason to presume that they wouldn't. Every living thing, even a clone, has it's "life force" and being clones of humans the wraith could feed off them. in theory at least it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
              And where would we find the energy to nourish and mature the clone itself ?
              Where did the asgard get it? where did alec colson get it? Where did Michael get it?

Comment

i just dont understand why todd decided to go and clone an army with the zpm to crush other wraith factions. not only is it foolish because it puts a massive strain on the already precarious food supply, but also because most wraith civil war battles take place in space between hives.
                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

i would create artificial life force. much easier

Comment

Originally posted by james123182 View Post
                    Where did the asgard get it? where did alec colson get it? Where did Michael get it?
                    In sci-fi you always have some kind of nutritious fluid. A complex combination of proteins, surely vitamins and other good things for your health. The question is where do you find all this?
                    The wraith don't seem to have any particular knowledge in food industry except life-sucking the average guy.
                    La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                    L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

So how about we create a huge facility for the wraith to feed on , it would be a living building powered by a power source so it can regenerate after the wraith had a snack .
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

no need to be huge. but that's my idea, yes

Comment

i thought there was something unique to human life force which they require to feed on. otherwise they wouldve resorted to animals or fruit
                          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

and ?

doesn't mean we can't make an artificial equivalent so they don't need humans

Comment

The food shortage problem may be explained by their version of MREs, blank clones. Yes, they can feed on them, but they taste like sawdust.

Comment

Working...
                              X