Three Inches (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Inches (Syfy) - News/Discussion/Speculation

At Tuesday's upfronts in New York City, Syfy is expected to share details on a new 90-minute pilot for a series somewhat similar to one they've already announced.

Called "Three Inches," the pilot is from Fox Television Studios, and is being helmed by writer Harley Peyton and executive produced by Bob Cooper. Peyton is best known for his writing and producing work on the 1990s series "Twin Peaks" while Cooper has worked mostly on comedy projects in the past like "Mr. Woodcock" and "John Tucker Must Die."

The story centers on an underachiever who can move things with his mind, but only for three inches. He ends up recruiting other heroes, all with minimal abilities as well. It's slightly similar to "Alphas," which will be more a drama and less comedic, but also feature a team of superheroes.

"'Three Inches' is a fun, smart, offbeat spin on the superhero genre," Stern said. "It's a very post-modern approach, with a really wonderful tongue-in-cheek script."
    http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/7212

Is it Alphas that is more of a drama? At first I thought it meant Three Inches would be more drama/less comedy which seemed like a stupid idea because a guy moving objects three inches and recruiting other people with minor powers seemed like a great idea for a show with comedy. It could be like Reaper.

If it's Three Inches that has comedy, I will look forward to it, as I think it's a great idea for a show with humour.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Is it Alphas that is more of a drama? At first I thought it meant Three Inches would be more drama/less comedy which seemed like a stupid idea because a guy moving objects three inches and recruiting other people with minor powers seemed like a great idea for a show with comedy. It could be like Reaper.

If it's Three Inches that has comedy, I will look forward to it, as I think it's a great idea for a show with humour.
      Yes, Alphas is more drama and Three Inches is more comedy. Syfy are hoping to pick up at least one of them, according to THR.

Comment

Well that is good at least, gives me more incentive to watch Three Inches.

sigpic

Comment

Syfy Greenlights “Three Inches” Pilot From Fox Television Studios

Syfy has ordered the 90-minute pilot Three Inches from writer Harley Peyton (Twin Peaks) it was announced today by Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Development for Syfy. The action-adventure/fantasy will be produced by Fox Television Studios and Executive Producer Bob Cooper, whose Landscape Entertainment is producing. J.J. Jamieson heads up television for Landscape Entertainment. Peyton also serves as executive producer.

In Three Inches, professional daydreamer and underachiever, Walter, is struck by lightning, and develops a unique “super” power — the ability to move any object using just his mind… but only a distance of three inches. He’s soon recruited by a covert team of superheroes each gifted with their own extraordinarily ordinary abilities. Together, the unlikely band of heroes proves that “super” is simply a state of mind.

“‘Three Inches’ is a fun, smart, off-beat spin on the superhero genre. It introduces a new group of crime fighters who possess some imaginative – if not all that super – powers,” said Stern. “We look forward to working with Harley, Bob, and Fox Television Studios on this project.”

continues:
          http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/syf...#ixzz0xSBwsnSD

Comment

Three Inches - Casting News

Stephanie Jacobsen (Melrose Place) and Naoko Mori (Torchwood) have joined SyFy's drama pilot Three Inches as a regulars. The project, from Fox TV Studios and Landscape Entertainment, centers on Walter (Noah Reid), a twentysomething underachiever who acquires a seemingly worthless superpower after getting struck by lightning: he can move any object three inches with his mind. He goes on to recruit a team of fellow heroes, each with their own less-than-spectacular abilities. Jacobsen, repped by APA and Global Creative, and Mori, repped by Michael Greene & Assoc., will play two of them, Watts, a beautiful “super” hero who has the ability to shape the emotions of anyone she meets at close range, and a woman who can duplicate and recite any sounds she hears, respectively.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/thr...#ixzz0xcrCAsaP

Comment

Syfy Pilot ‘Three Inches Casts James Marsters, Andrea Martin, Stephanie Jacobsen & More

Syfy’s Three Inches has added an all-star cast to the 90-minute pilot, starring Noah Reid (Strange Days at Blake Holsey High). James Marsters (Smallville, Caprica, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Andrea Martin (My Big Fat Greek Wedding, SCTV Network), Stephanie Jacobsen (Melrose Place, Battlestar Galactica: Razor), Antony Del Rio (The Super Hero Squad Show), Naoko Mori (Torchwood), Kyle Schmid (Blood Ties) and Brandon Jay McLaren (TRON: Legacy, Harper’s Island) will join the action-adventure/fantasy as series regulars. Alona Tal (Veronica Mars), Craig Eldridge (Covert Affairs) and Julian Richings (Supernatural) will guest star in the pilot episode.

Three Inches, from Fox Television Studios and Landscape Entertainment, will begin production in Toronto, Canada on Monday, August 30.

In Three Inches, professional daydreamer and underachiever, Walter Spackman (Reid) is struck by lightning, and develops a unique “super” power — the ability to move any object using just his mind… but only a distance of three inches. He’s soon recruited by a covert team of superheroes each gifted with their own extraordinarily ordinary abilities. Together, the unlikely band of heroes proves that “super” is simply a state of mind.

Jace Alexander (Rescue Me, Prison Break) is directing the pilot, written by Harley Peyton (Twin Peaks), who also serves as executive producer. Fox Television Studios is producing with Executive Producer Robert Cooper, through his company Landscape Entertainment. J.J. Jamieson heads up television for Landscape Entertainment.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/08/26...source=twitter
              Last edited by Madwelshboy; 26 August 2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X