The stargate belongs to... Sweden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stargate belongs to... Sweden?

I finally sat down to watch the original Stargate movie from 1994. After watching both SG1 and SGA, it felt kind of obligatory before I (at last) could be able to title myself a "true" stargate fan. As you sure know, early in the movie, we follow professor Langford and young Catherine as they unearth the stargate in Giza. Being a Swede myself, I couldn't help but notice that both professor Langford and one of his assistants spoke in swedish... What the? I've searched for information about Langford's origin for hours now, but it's not mentioned anywhere on the internet.

So... if the expedition in Giza was conducted by Swedes... The stargate should actually belong to Sweden! Do you understand how that would change the whole stargate universe? First of all, the stargate would be called a "stjärnport", it would be located somewhere in Stockholm, and the members of the SP-teams would have names like Sven, Göran, Olof, Karin and Greta. IKEA would spread like a disease over the milky way galaxy, replacing all boring goa'uld interior with trendy furniture like the bookcase "Billy" and the table "Tålig"... And ABBA would make the first interplanetary concert ever in tau'ri history on Tollana... Oh, and who wants an Al'kesh when they can drive an interstellar Volvo instead?

Yeah... That's what would happen if we had the stargate...

and evil space alien would have it in his back yard.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      hell no he'd have to share it

Comment

Originally posted by Eiglathul View Post
        I finally sat down to watch the original Stargate movie from 1994. After watching both SG1 and SGA, it felt kind of obligatory before I (at last) could be able to title myself a "true" stargate fan. As you sure know, early in the movie, we follow professor Langford and young Catherine as they unearth the stargate in Giza. Being a Swede myself, I couldn't help but notice that both professor Langford and one of his assistants spoke in swedish... What the? I've searched for information about Langford's origin for hours now, but it's not mentioned anywhere on the internet.

So... if the expedition in Giza was conducted by Swedes... The stargate should actually belong to Sweden! Do you understand how that would change the whole stargate universe? First of all, the stargate would be called a "stjärnport", it would be located somewhere in Stockholm, and the members of the SP-teams would have names like Sven, Göran, Olof, Karin and Greta. IKEA would spread like a disease over the milky way galaxy, replacing all boring goa'uld interior with trendy furniture like the bookcase "Billy" and the table "Tålig"... And ABBA would make the first interplanetary concert ever in tau'ri history on Tollana... Oh, and who wants an Al'kesh when they can drive an interstellar Volvo instead?

ok thats a bit overkill on the swedish stereotypes but your mostly right but on a serious note id like to think we'd do a fine job at exploring the galaxy besides we are a "neutral" country so there'd be less bikering going on between us and other nations

also you hadnt seen the feature film?? imo its a must see as its the first part to the story
        and yeah the langfords sort of spoke swedish with like 4-5 lines of terrible just terrible american/english accents typical hollywood i mean how hard can it be to find 2 swedish actors that actually speak the language??

Comment

Originally posted by Eiglathul View Post

Yeah that'd be pretty sweet... Ha! IKEA spreading like a disease across the galaxy.
          Imagine an IKEA opening on Dakara. Bringing crappy cheap to Jaffa everywhere!

And hell no to the interstellar Volvo! Interstellar Saab is the way to go!

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          You gave away my secret!

Originally posted by Alx View Post
          hell no he'd have to share it
          You're not the boss of me!
          sigpic

Comment

actually saab is dutch now.

and i can't stop laughing about it.

viva hollanda.

naturally, our government would fall everytime we would have to decide to send an SG team offworld.
            i mean, our prime minister? never completed a full run.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              actually saab is dutch now.

and i can't stop laughing about it.

viva hollanda.

naturally, our government would fall everytime we would have to decide to send an SG team offworld.
              i mean, our prime minister? never completed a full run.
              Yeah and Volvo is chinese.

I'm just happy that Saab survived.....for now.

Yeah I heard about that. Why don't you just replace him with a new prime minister?
              sigpic

Comment

because our PM didn't quit.

you see, there are several parties. right now, 3 of them are in the so-called Coalition. the Coalition are a group of parties which think the same, and have a majority, and that way a government can work. without the coalition, you never have a majority, which means you'd always have to convince different people of your ideas.

one or two of the Coalition parties quit. which means no majority, and no unity. the "pain" goes too deep, there is no trust anymore, so the only real option is elections

Comment

Couldn't Egypt make a claim on ownership of the gate? After all, it is an antiquity and various treaties protect countries of origin.

Comment

Well if that is the case about what country the expedition was from then i do believe that there was some americans there as well. Which means that it would belong to us as well. But i agree with jsonitsac if anyone were to agrue the point of who it belongs to then it would rightfully be Egypts. Because it was found in their back yard and right under their noses. So i would think it would belong to them. But tptb wanted America to have it so there for we had it.

Now the Antarctica gate should belong to anyone that claims it. Which would have been America had sweden or Egypt gotten the original gate.

Comment

Working...
                    X