Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gates - News/Discussion/Speculation

'Prison Break' actor joins ABC's 'Gates'

"Prison Break" alum Frank Grillo has landed the lead in ABC's supernatural crime drama series "The Gates." Luke Mably, Janina Gavankar and Chandra West also have been cast in the project, which Terry McDonough has come on board to direct.

"Gates" is produced by Fox TV Studios through the company's international co-production model. Its green light was contingent on FtvS securing foreign financing. The series, being eyed for a summer launch, moved forward after ABC stepped up and increased the license fee on it while FtvS continues conversations with international broadcasters.

Written by Richard Hatem and Grant Scharbo, "Gates" centers on a big-city cop (Grillo) who becomes chief of police in a seemingly sleepy planned community only to discover there's much more to the residents than meets the eye.

Mably ("The Prince and Me") will play one of the residents, a cardiologist who is a vampirelike creature. Gavankar ("The L Word") will play a local cop with a dark secret. West ("90210") will play the owner of a tea shop.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...5ff11275dabad3

So basically it buffy the Vampire with out a sexy kick ass cheerleader to do the vampire hunting. With a bunch of actors that have done nothing interesting or of quality in there career. I got the feeling this will be boring as hell, just like vampire diaries.
    Last edited by knowles2; 24 June 2010, 04:50 AM.

Comment

The 13 episode Sci-Fi/Crime/Fantasy series The Gates about a cop who gives up his job in a major city to be chief of police in a planned suburban community, where he discovers there's more to the residents than meets the eye
      Cast includes:

Rhona Mitra (Underworld, Doomsday) as Claire tunning in a tasteful, suburban way. Deeply devoted to her husband and adopted daughter. The kind of woman who cleans the house, drives her daughter to school and makes cookies for the bake sale...all before Noon. Behind the perfect exterior though, she's falling apart inside. Unhappy constantly subverting her Vampiric impulses, Claire struggles to stay "on the wagon". Her addiction to hunting humans is a perpetual source of tension between her and her husband, Dylan."

Luke Mably (The Prince and Me) as Dylan :Extremely handsome and put together, late 30s. Even keeled with an exterior that's hard to read even if you know him well. A brilliant and strategic mind. Beneath his cool front is a passionate and deeply emotional man. Would do anything to protect the life he's built for his family at The Gates. Has a real soft spot for Claire even though her addictive personality continues to put their family at risk.."

Marisol Nichols (24, In Justice, Blind Justice) as Sarah The "girl next door" who grew up into a real beauty. Born and raised on the south side of Chicago. A survivor who's been through a lot."

Colton Haynes as Brett Crezski : Linebacker of the football team. Not a dumb jock, though. Genuinely smart. Usually highly successful in his love life. Struggles with his anger occasionally, which has serious implications since he's a werewolf.

Chandra West as Devon Strikingly beautiful, mid-30s. A witch. Much more dangerous than she looks. A "Queen Bee" type. Will do anything and everything to gain power over those around her. Knows everyone in The Gates and as many of their secrets as she can acquire. Lures you in with her charm and empathetic ear.

Skyler Samuels as Andie : "Mixed race, exotic, 15. Seems human...at first. Even more intelligent than she is beautiful. Quick witted and unafraid of confrontation. Guys want her, girls want to be her. Has a dark secret..."

Frank Grillo as Nick Monohan:Good looking in a casual way, late 30s. Human. Born and raised on the south side of Chicago. Driven by his fierce commitment to justice."

Travis Caldwell as Charlie: "15. Human. Very cute in an offbeat way. Usually the smartest kid in the room, but not from a neighborhood where that's a good thing. Yet to find his place in the world."
      http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/04/abc...-shows-in.html

Comment

We break down the first 17 supernatural minutes of "The Gates"

ABC put the first 17 minutes of its new supernatural series The Gates online. You can see it below and we have a short, spoiler-ish summary after that if you don't feel like watching.

http://scifiwire.com/2010/06/we-brea...he-first-1.php

[video at link above]

--

I think it looks rather promising. But I had already decided to give it a shot anyway. Oh, and Rhona Mitra is her usual awesome self.
        sigpic

Comment

Ok at first i thought this was just an ordinary boring cop show, but now it has vampires im interested im gonna check it out
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Mitra: 'The Gates ignores stereotypes'

Rhona Mitra has claimed that her new show The Gates ignores stereotypes about vampires. The show follows policeman Patrick Monohan, played by Frank Grillo, who moves with his family to an unusual gated community.

Mitra, who plays the vampire Claire Radcliff, explained that her character appears sweet and innocent. "I think [vampires are] always so slick and sexy and they've got the leather and corsets and the lace," she told Entertainment Tonight.

continues:
            http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...ereotypes.html

Comment

Anyone else watch this? Am I alone in considering it clichéd pap? Seems to be a mashup between Eureka and True Blood without the good parts of either.

One word... YAWN!
              Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Already a thread for this show. The two threads should be merged.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...on-Speculation
                I myself haven't watched the show, but I'm going to do so now. I'll let you know what I think of it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                  Already a thread for this show. The two threads should be merged.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...on-Speculation
                  I myself haven't watched the show, but I'm going to do so now. I'll let you know what I think of it.
                  beat me 2 it
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

I just finished watching the first episode now, and I rather liked it. I mean, it's not the best show of the century but it's entertaining and watchable with some pretty interesting storylines and characters so far.
                    sigpic

Comment

YAWN. ZZZzzzZZZ Been done before by both Eureka and the plethora of Vamp drama's that we have been inundated with of late. Clichéd, formulaic and boring.
                      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

I loved The Gates! Got any scoop on my new favorite show? — Meg
                        Spoiler:
                        ADAM: The wolf pack will be divided after the weres are forced to cover up a murder. Also, as you may have already guessed, Nick isn't exactly a squeaky-clean cop. When his dirty little secret surfaces, it'll put his life in jeopardy.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...e-1019837.aspx

Comment

I also liked the show. I am looking forward to seeing how the storylines playout over the 1st season.

Comment

I liked this show, Rona Mitra was great in this she plays an awesome Vampire, however i kinda hope they dont drag out the phelps case over the whole season

my rating for episode 1.01
                            6.5 out of 10, not too bad but could be better

Overall this series shows promise, i read that this series could possible feature shifters & witches which i think would be fantastic and increase the shows potential 10 fold as both supernatural species are under rated (in terms of tv shows/movies)
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                              i read that this series could possible feature shifters & witches which i think would be fantastic and increase the shows potential 10 fold as both supernatural species are under rated (in terms of tv shows/movies)
                              That would be a great addition to the show!!

Comment

Working...
                              X