US Airforce's ABL Laser system for 304?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Airforce's ABL Laser system for 304?

The BC 304 ship already has install Asgard beam and rail .
    But the Asgard beam are just too powerful, what if the enemy has hostage onboard their ship ,we only want to disable the enemy ship.

The Railgun are not powerful enough or hard to control. It‘s high firing speed make it hard to control.

The missile almost always gets intercepted before detonation.

Real life laser system like the Airborne Laser Testbed (ALTB) or "Advanced Tactical Laser" (for ground target) is already disclosed to the public.
    The ALTB laser already completed a successful test against real missiles with dummy payloads.

It would be an ideal secondary precision weapon for BC 304
    ,with alien material and technologies like Trinium and naqahdah reactor .They could make the laser smaller (for even F-302 to carry) and more powerful .

i think it would make SG too much like ST.

but as an anti-missile or anti-fighter system, it'll work great. not as main attack thing.

railguns aren't hard to control. they just can't dent shields.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

but as an anti-missile or anti-fighter system, it'll work great. not as main attack thing.

Could be useful on F-302's aswell against Gliders and Darts
      "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
      "That he is concealing something."
      "Like what?"
      "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
      "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
      "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
      "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
        But the Asgard beam are just too powerful, what if the enemy has hostage onboard their ship ,we only want to disable the enemy ship.

The Railgun are not powerful enough or hard to control. It‘s high firing speed make it hard to control.

Real life laser system like the Airborne Laser Testbed (ALTB) or "Advanced Tactical Laser" (for ground target) is already disclosed to the public.
        The ALTB laser already completed a successful test against real missiles with dummy payloads.

,with alien material and technologies like Trinium and naqahdah reactor .They could make the laser smaller (for even F-302 to carry) and more powerful .
        the APBW are not to powerfull as they barly punched thru the sheilds of a Ori ship.
        and the APBW had no problems with either precision or disableing Michaels hyperdrive when teayla was a hostage aboard his cruiser!

and no i agree this is Stargate NOT star trek and that weak human built "laser"
        prob doesnt have enough punch to even scratch an enemys sheild.

overall terrible idea.

Comment

I dont think a laser could ever touch large ships but they could be very effective against darts.

Comment

ABL =Anti Ballistic Laser. against missiles. so it's best used against darts and enemy missiles (even though we're the only ones using them)

APBW "barely punched through ori shields"? why is a weapon only powerfull when it's one shot kill? it is the only weapon we know of that can do that in the first place

Comment

drones and ancient beam sattelites could also do it.

Comment

ABL =Anti Ballistic Laser. against missiles. so it's best used against darts and enemy missiles (even though we're the only ones using them)

APBW "barely punched through ori shields"? why is a weapon only powerfull when it's one shot kill? it is the only weapon we know of that can do that in the first place
                I only have one word for you: KAWOOSH.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

What if we want to capture someone onboard a smaller ship( like Goa'uld cargo ship)?
                  The Asgard beam is too powerful, the rapid fireing of a Cargo ship's shield probably get overloaded after a dozen shot by a railgun.
                  But the fast rapid fire rate probably destory the cargo ship.

The laser can be some sort of slicing tool, kike cuting off a Glider's wings or draw a happy face on the moon.
                  Last edited by ckwongau; 14 February 2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

The ALTB and ATL laser weapon is a real life weapon system , and it is very Earth.

Comment

*sigh* i know. but when has SG ever depicted lasers?

I only have one word for you: KAWOOSH.
                      their own kawoosh

Comment

What if we want to capture someone onboard a smaller ship( like Goa'uld cargo ship)?
                        The Asgard beam is too powerful, the rapid fireing of a Cargo ship's shield probably get overloaded after a dozen shot by a railgun.
                        But the fast rapid fire rate probably destory the cargo ship.

The laser can be some sort of slicing tool, kike cuting off a Glider's wings or draw a happy face on the moon.
                        I don't think they mentioned that the Asgard beam can't be fired at a lower intensity. And it seemed precise enough. But you're right, a laser could work as a cutting tool. Speed of light > speed of the Asgard beam. Though I don't see why you'd draw a happy face, I'd write my own name on the moon if I had a chance.

their own kawoosh
                        Never as powerful weapons. Even in ST normal lasers were laughable.
                        Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Also why do people assume that APBs don't travel near light speed like 0.9c-0.999c.

IF you say visuals. They are wrong, in any technology which has the capability to fly across the galaxy in a week and make maneuvers at many thousands of Gs. To fight other ships like fighter planes in WWII is ludicrous.

Comment

Fighting another ship by looking at it through a telescope would get old very fast. We can't have too much realism. It'd be boring.

Dark Helmet: "Ah, buckle this! LUDICROUS SPEED! *GO!* "
                            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

well , S8 episode 809 "Sacrifices"

When Teal and Ishta were too weak after torture by the system lord Moloc, Teal told a young Jaffa to aim the laser targeting device at Moloc ,then SGC lunch a missile at Moloc and killing him.

S6 "Full circle" when Ascended Daniel help SG1 getting into Ra's secret chamber , Sam figure out the Red sun picture can open the chamber using their gun's red laser aiming at the red sun picture.

Earth use laser all the time but only as targeting device.

If the many missile rely on laser targeting, i wonder can laser pass through mothership shield?

Comment

Working...
                              X