Riddick - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riddick - News/Discussion/Speculation

Riddick 3 Confirmed - Vin Diesel's back for a "scaled-back" Pitch Black sequel.

The sequel to The Chronicles of Riddick has been given the green light, according to trade paper Variety.

Vin Diesel hinted in December that pre-production work was already under way on the film, but now the studio has confirmed the project.

Titled simply Riddick, the film will be a back-to-basics outing for the gravel-voiced anti-hero and will be much closer in tone to Pitch Black, rather than epic (some might say bloated) follow-up The Chronicles of Riddick.

The sequel has been in development for a while, but director David Twohy's decision to scale back the film - thus keeping the budget manageable - made the project more attractive to Universal.

Vin Diesel will get to work on Riddick as soon as he's done shooting the fifth Fast and Furious movie

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1068886p1.html

I think it's a shame they have to scale this back, I liked Pitch Black, but thought Chronicles of course had a much deeper storyline to it. PB was just really a tweaked run of the mill get from point A to B film. I thought Chronicles was very original, and I loved the visuals. So I think we can assume the FX will be scaled down with scenery limited to location shooting.

Comment

I'm glad they are scaling it back. Chronicles was such a completely different experience to Pitch Black, it's hard to believe one is supposed to the connected to the other. Will be interesting to see how it plays out though.

sigpic

Comment

I liked Pitch black, but CoR seemed a little over the top, i liked it but it was too out there for a follow up to Pitch Black. I'm glad they are doing another one.

OT: ANother Fast and the Furious?!! OMFGS!! Kewl!!
        sigpic

Comment

I think it's a shame it's been scaled back. CoR definately had an epicness to it. I always liked it more than pitch black.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            I think it's a shame it's been scaled back. CoR definately had an epicness to it. I always liked it more than pitch black.
            I agree. Chronicles of Riddick was awesome, and the closest thing to a Warhammer 40,000 movie... compared to Pitch Black which was barely memorable, IMHO.
            Even if they do scale it down, I hope it's still more 'epic' than 'horror'/'suspense'.
            sigpic

Comment

I am so amazed, I thought I was the only one who liked Chronicles of Riddick in the whole universe! I liked Pitch Black too though, expect for the part when Claudia Black dies.

I'm glad we get a third one, epic scale of Chronicles or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                I am so amazed, I thought I was the only one who liked Chronicles of Riddick in the whole universe! I liked Pitch Black too though, expect for the part when Claudia Black dies.

It was awesome ! Ah, she dies cool death !
                I was surprised as well !
                I like the games too . Anyone else ? Although there was a tad too much swearing ...

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
                  I like the games too . Anyone else ? Although there was a tad too much swearing ...
                  For a game that is rated M(17 and up) and about a criminal, it is going to have swearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Sil View Post
                    I has escape from butcher bay (Think thats the title) Im awesome at it of course.

Spoiler:
                    Not enough swearing though
                    sigpic

Comment

I am so glad they are making another Riddick movie. I loved Pitch Black and CoR, and really look forward to what they have planned next for this awesome antihero.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        I'm glad they are scaling it back. Chronicles was such a completely different experience to Pitch Black, it's hard to believe one is supposed to the connected to the other. Will be interesting to see how it plays out though.
                        Thats what I liked about Chronicles of Riddick. They were two very different movies, just featuring the Riddick character. Rather than it being another Pitch Black. Anyway, I am looking foward to see what comes of this.

John McClane: Oh man, I can't ******* believe this. Another basement, another elevator. How can the same **** happen to the same guy twice?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post

I loved Both, but i love Pitch Black more. Riddick is just so much more kewler in that one. but i did like him in Crematoria with the weird cat thing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                            I loved Both, but i love Pitch Black more. Riddick is just so much more kewler in that one. but i did like him in Crematoria with the weird cat thing.
                            Pitch Black was my favorite out of the two as well. But, both were great films. I am really excited about seeing his continuing adventures.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't like the fact we have to wait until ANOTHER Fast and Furious film is finished, do we really need another one? I haven't seen any of them and don't plan on it, I want Riddick way more than a racing film.

Comment

Working...
                              X