Weaponized Naquadria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weaponized Naquadria

i was wondering if i t would be possible to use naquadria in our bullets. i mean think about it due to its inherent instabilities if we could figure out a way to make it detonate upon impact even the smallest particle of naquadria could infact have a devistating impact (like killing a wraith queen with one shot or maybe 2 at most)
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

If naquadria becomes stable enough to add kenetic engery then it wouldn't have proper effect on impact.
    The weapon would have to benign.

Naquadria is essentially an element that has an tendency to chain react at the slightest provocation.
    You'd need a frictionless Mass-Accelerator. But there is still an issue with storage/containment.

Comment

good thought but it would require that we find something besides gunpowder to launch it with du to (instabilities) maybe if we could find away to minimize a railgun....

Comment

oops 4got to clarify. the bullet itself is not made out of NQi but just the very tip of the bullet has an amount about the size of the grain of sand

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
          oops 4got to clarify. the bullet itself is not made out of NQi but just the very tip of the bullet has an amount about the size of the grain of sand
          Aren't exploding bullets illegal?

Comment

dude learn to read b4 you post
            yes exploding bullets are illegal 4 civilians but not MILITARY PERSONELL

READ MY FIRST POST B4 YOU REPLY

Comment

Sounds like there is a strong chance the bullet could explode before it exits the gun given the instabilities in Naquadria, which would be bad for the person doing the shooting.
              "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
              "That he is concealing something."
              "Like what?"
              "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
              "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
              "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
              "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Naquadriah in bullets would be utterly pointless. You can put enriched uranium into bullets and it won't make them go nuclear, because triggering the fission reaction requires a very specific and complex process. You don't get fission by igniting a gunpowder charge or by hitting a piece of naquadriah against an object. Depleted uranium is used in shells for its armor-piercing properties, not its nuclear ones; the uranium core is simply a very hard, self-sharpening hole puncher that also ingnites when it's smashed into powdery state. So if naquadriah behaves anything like the real-life fission materials, a bullet with naquadriah core could maybe work as an armor-piercer but it wouldn't explode.

But hey, suppose it would produce a naquadriah explosion- in that case, what would the safe stand-off range be? You'd have to only use those bullets when firing at targets VERY far away.
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

dude learn to read b4 you post
                  yes exploding bullets are illegal 4 civilians but not MILITARY PERSONELL

READ MY FIRST POST B4 YOU REPLY
                  Uh, yeah, I did read and they are illegal for military use too, check out the Hague Convention

Comment

Well the Wraith arn't exactly gona care if they are legal or not

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                      Uh, yeah, I did read and they are illegal for military use too, check out the Hague Convention
                      well its in space so the hague and geneva conventions do not apply
                      i distinctly reme,ber this being mentioned in SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                        Naquadriah in bullets would be utterly pointless. You can put enriched uranium into bullets and it won't make them go nuclear, because triggering the fission reaction requires a very specific and complex process. You don't get fission by igniting a gunpowder charge or by hitting a piece of naquadriah against an object. Depleted uranium is used in shells for its armor-piercing properties, not its nuclear ones; the uranium core is simply a very hard, self-sharpening hole puncher that also ingnites when it's smashed into powdery state. So if naquadriah behaves anything like the real-life fission materials, a bullet with naquadriah core could maybe work as an armor-piercer but it wouldn't explode.

But hey, suppose it would produce a naquadriah explosion- in that case, what would the safe stand-off range be? You'd have to only use those bullets when firing at targets VERY far away.
                        big bad sniper bullet

Comment

I'm going to get out my mass thrower weapon made by Sg tech.

Name: RL-221

Description: The 221 is in the simplest term a slugthrower. But the way it launches the projectiles is its forte. It uses a fine control of electromagnetic, gravity and inertial forces to accelerate the slug at anywhere from 0 to 0.5c. It incorporates complex mechanisms and nanomachines in its use. Please note that while ammunition is not limited by mass but by the size of its barrel the more mass the slug has the slower its max velocity will be upon exiting the barrel. The weapon because of its nanobots can blend in with the enviroment and display image on its components. People have described it as: "fast as a supercomputer and friendly as a laptop".

Ammo: Any material can be inserted in the aperture, preferable metallic compounds.

Warning! Be advised of the danger of overpresure and sonic boom. It can kill unarmored people up to a radius of 20 meters and explode eardrums up to 100+ meters on the highest setting.

Warning! Don't use hydrogen as ammunition in atmosphere. May cause thermonuclear explosion.

Warning! Treat Nq/K nanogram rounds with extreme care. Treat Nq/K miligram rounds as thermonuclear bombs.

Comment

.5 c?

my god, that's uberoverkill.

at those speeds, no armor can EVER stop it. it wouldn't even fire bullets anymore, anything would be turned to plasma. as if it's a superomega flamethrower.

anyway, there are 2 uses naquahdriah has:

-bullet is heavier (kinetic energy)
                            -bullet is radioactive.

Comment

ok since this topic has changed to the nuclear side of things. how about we add some of that stuff that when mixed with naquadah (should be the same 4 naquadria since naquadria is an off shoot of naq) put that stuff into a capsule that will only shatter upon impact and voila we have a nuclear bullet

and if we didnt want to do that we could add to rail gun rounds to be used against wraith darts and hive ships so we wouldnt have to worry about beaming nukes aboard the hives and cruisers we could just blow them up with a heavy barrage of naquadria tipped railgun rounds
                              Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 10 February 2010, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X