Could earth be culled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could earth be culled

If the wraith manged to get to earth and dstoryed our ships could we fend off there darts. IMO 1 or 2 hives would not stand a chance against earths defences. we have many 1000s of jets and millions of soldiers that could have heat seaking missiles. plus there are many ground to air defences.

also if we knew they were coming we could give out guns to the civilian population and when the wraith land they could use guerilla tactics to kill them. IOM we would kill much more wraith than humans they could feed on. also there darts carry troops so when we destory a dart we kill the wraith it carrys.

What do u think?
    How many hives would it take to cull use?
    and would it be worth it to the wraith?

Wraith have orbital supremacy, without something like a functioning Ancient Drone Chair, Earth would be easy picking. Relatively speaking. A planet with billions of people would have obviously more than enough food for one Hive to cull and since human military can't defend everywhere on the planet, they could probably find enough populated areas to fill themselves on and leave without damaging the overall poplace status.

Could one Hive subjugate the entire planet? Maybe, but logistically it would probably just be easier to feed and go than to risk subduing an entire planet of people with that level of technology using only 1 vessel. If the wraith were able to bring their full available resources to cull Earth, even if their current diminished state, I'm sure Earth could not be able to muster any serious resistance.
    Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 10 February 2010, 06:18 AM.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Wraith have orbital supremacy, without something like a functioning Ancient Drone Chair, Earth would be easy picking. Relatively speaking.
      they would not use orbital bombardment because they would kill use instead of culling use.

anyway thats besides the point. I no they could kill us using hives but I want to know if we could fight there culling force

Comment

In case that hives in space would left to expand their feeding ground or something we would be ablle to win more than 2/3 of the combat situations. But there would be massive losses.

If Wraith would come on the ground, I'm convinced that there would be even bigger losses, but we would again win because of the number of criminals and guns availible on the market.

Regarding hives I think that we would be in mather of weeks find a way to destroy them. But it's true that this would be only possible in case they dont start to destroy bigger cities like LA, San Francisco,m Washington, Mexico, Paris, London, Berlin, Milano, Bejin, etc...

Comment

Hive's are part of a culling force. Orbital bombardment wouldn't be required to exterminate the population, just destroy their defenses. The power to strike with impunity from space even while sending down ships to population centers would probably be able to stop most any counter attack from the Tauri. I imagine that was how they subjugated or annihilated most worlds. The Athosians appeared to have technology beyond that or Earth before they were driven into a nomadic state. Orbital supremacy gives wraith a tactical and strategic advantage that no planet ever seen in the show had the capability to overcome with martial might. They had destroyed Sateda even with all it's military forces entirely, after all.
          Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 10 February 2010, 06:53 AM.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
            If the wraith manged to get to earth and dstoryed our ships could we fend off there darts. IMO 1 or 2 hives would not stand a chance against earths defences. we have many 1000s of jets and millions of soldiers that could have heat seaking missiles. plus there are many ground to air defences.

also if we knew they were coming we could give out guns to the civilian population and when the wraith land they could use guerilla tactics to kill them. IOM we would kill much more wraith than humans they could feed on. also there darts carry troops so when we destory a dart we kill the wraith it carrys.

What do u think?
            How many hives would it take to cull use?
            and would it be worth it to the wraith?
            I would just like to point out, that alot of soldiers(at least in the US Army) dont have heat seeking missiles, they dont have the training anyhow. There are soldiers who are trained and qualified to use heat seeking missiles or any other types. It would be those soldiers who would be firing and using the missiles. There is alot more than just pushing a botton or pressing the trigger to fire a missile. Also anyone who is not trained or qualified to use misslies, wont know what to do if it doesnt fire and to troubleshoot it. While I can fire a Stinger missile easy and better then practically anyone on this forum, there is much more to know, than firing a missile and stuff.

Comment

well than the'll use russian made missle systems. and there it will work

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                well than the'll use russian made missle systems. and there it will work
                Yeah,If you want to die too when you fire the missile.

Comment

that's why I added a smile at the end

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                    that's why I added a smile at the end
                    lol oh ok.

Comment

depends on how many hives get here.

with their remaining fleet of some 45 hives, we're toast. they'll immediately target millitary bases and airports. no fighter can get in the air in time. any that already are simply get overwhelmed by darts. once the military is down, they shoot at our missile sites. then, go out and play. simply take all darts of one hive, make them fly over a major city in formation. cull. ignore all threats. once full (about 500 people per dart) they go back to the hive, the wraith retreat to, say, jupiter or so, and feast.

Comment

the wraith can't reach earth and if they did we would blow them out of the sky.

we have at least 4-5 304's asgard beams

Atlantis is back on earth (drones)

the jaffa nation. (the entire goa'lud fleet)

citizens with guns and the armies of the world to deal with the ground assault.

we'd be all set.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

well we are forgetting that we can detect incoming ships. also hive or hives will get out of hyperspace at least near moon, if not more away from Earth.

So when they will get close to the planet we can estimate when to send our nukes in to space and detonate them so we will be able to destroy most of the darts in first defence strikes. By nukes exploding their and ours sensors will be without any use for several hours and during that time we can prepare other defence.

Mobile Air defence, Stationary air defence, Air defence from sea, under the sea, etc. There are many ways. And if we cloak our airplane hangers and bunkers we can protect at least 10% of our fleet, which can be used in final battle for the planet.

On ground we find a way to shield at least one bigger building with basement (in bigger cities) and protect it from Wraith beaming. We also install this technology on some secondary or fake buildings.

Also, when Wraith land, we use all possible bio weapons we have from Atlantis to fight them. This are some ideas how we could also win the war.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            depends on how many hives get here.

with their remaining fleet of some 45 hives, we're toast. they'll immediately target millitary bases and airports. no fighter can get in the air in time. any that already are simply get overwhelmed by darts. once the military is down, they shoot at our missile sites. then, go out and play. simply take all darts of one hive, make them fly over a major city in formation. cull. ignore all threats. once full (about 500 people per dart) they go back to the hive, the wraith retreat to, say, jupiter or so, and feast.
                            I did stay if we knew they were coming and if we did we would put all our forces in citys and in hiding the hives and not take them out. therefore the darts and ground forses will have to deal with them. also we would be able to camouflage our air fields or we could just get our planes in the air b4 the hive get here. most people could take out a wraith using guerilla tactics. the wraith could always destory use but we would kill far more wraith that get sent down.

hive have about 1000 darts and a few 1000 wraith. our ships should be able to take out about 15 hives so that leaves about 30,000 wraith.
                            IMO they would be out numbered on the ground and we would take way to many darts out to make the culling worth it

Comment

well we are forgetting that darts we can deal with, but if we dont have 304's in space, than we are in trouble. Because if wraith will find out that they can not win, they will destroy our planet from space.

I think that bio weapon is the best way. We infect the darts, they return to hive, infect the hive. War is over.

Comment

Working...
                              X