Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Ordinary Family (ABC) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Chiklis to Star in Superhero Family Pilot

Michael Chiklis has decided to do some more stuff; specifically, he's signed on to star in a new pilot for ABC, No Ordinary Family, about an unordinary family whose members, the Hollywood Reporter says, have "special abilities." As in superpowers. This one comes from Greg Berlanti, a pilot developer at ABC and Touchstone who previously executive produced Dirty Sexy Money and Eli Stone and is also currently exec producing Brothers and Sisters for the network.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/106/1067523p1.html

No Ordinary Family: Michael Chiklis’ Wife Is Found

The matriarch of No Ordinary Family has now been cast.

Playing the role of the mother of a super-powered family will be Dexter actress Julie Benz. Of course, Whedonverse fans remember her best as Darla on Buffy and Angel; me, I remember her as “Babs” in the ABC-Nickelodeon sitcom Hi Honey I’m Home. (Where’s that DVD release?)

Michael Chiklis will be playing her husband, and Autumn Reeser plays her lab assistant. The pilot, in contention for a spot on ABC’s fall schedule, should be shooting soon.

http://www.ksitetv.com/category/no-ordinary-family/

Comment

Jimmy Bennett Is No Ordinary Son

14-year-old actor Jimmy Bennett has joined the cast of ABC’s No Ordinary Family pilot as “J.J.,” the son of the characters played by Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz.

Unlike the rest of his family, it seems as though J.J. doesn’t have any powers. Whether or not some will show up, we’ll just have to see. Me, I think if his name’s J.J. that his powers should be dy-no-mite!

http://www.ksitetv.com/jimmy-bennett...-ordinary-son/

Tate Donovan Plays A Pilot In A Pilot

The O.C.’s Tate Donovan is the latest actor to join ABC’s No Ordinary Family pilot. He will be playing a “mysterious pilot.”

http://www.ksitetv.com/tate-donovan-...ot-in-a-pilot/

Comment

ABC’s Official Description For No Ordinary Family

The Powells are pretty much your average, everyday American family. That is until their plane crashes in the Amazon jungle. After that, well, let’s just say the Powells are a little less ordinary. Jim is a frustrated police sketch artist married to Stephanie, a brilliant and successful scientist. Although they still love each other, their marriage has lost some of its spark. All of that changes, though, when Stephanie takes Jim and their two teenage kids along on a research trip to the Amazon. The Powell’s plane crashes into a swampy river; they manage to escape, but, their pilot, unfortunately, isn’t so lucky.

As the Powells gratefully return to their old lives, they are shocked to discover that they have suddenly developed some rather extraordinary abilities. Jim is super strong with amazing reflexes. Stephanie can suddenly move at lightning speed. Daphne can hear everyone’s thoughts – including those of her 16-year-old-boyfriend, ick! Then there’s JJ, who miraculously goes from clueless to brainiac, seemingly overnight. The Powells are reinvigorated by their new powers, but they quickly discover that the toughest challenges may be the most ordinary ones. Sure, they can stop criminals, but all the super powers in the world can’t fix emotional problems. The Powells better get their act together, soon, though, because that pilot they left for dead at the bottom of a river… he just woke up.

From Brother & Sisters’ Greg Berlanti and Jon Feldman comes a wild new dramedy about a totally relatable family who just happen to be a little bit amazing.

Cast:
        Michael Chiklis as Jim Powell
        Julie Benz as Stephanie Powell
        Jimmy Bennett as JJ Powell
        Kay Panabaker as Daphne Powell
        Romany Malco as George St. Cloud
        Autumn Reeser as Katie Andrews
        Christina Chang as Det. Yvonne Cho
        http://www.ksitetv.com/category/no-ordinary-family/

Comment

It sounds like a live action version of the Incredibles, possibly mixed with the Fantastic Four.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

ABC picks up 'No Ordinary Family'

ABC has picked up "No Ordinary Family," starring Michael Chiklis ("The Shield") and Julie Benz ("Dexter").

The ABC Studios project is from Greg Berlanti ("Everwood," "Dirty Sexy Money") and writer Jon Feldman and centers on a family that suddenly develops special powers and have to learn how to deal with their new abilities.

Here's a new extensive new logline for the show:

The Powells are about to go from ordinary to extraordinary. After 16 years of marriage, Jim and Stephanie’s relationship lacked the spark it once had, and their family life now consists of balancing work and their two children; leaving little time for family bonding. During a family vacation set up by Jim in an attempt to reconnect, their plane crashes into the Amazon River. But this is where the fun starts for the Powells as they soon discover that something’s not quite right. Each of them now possesses unique and distinct super powers. But saving and savoring their family life will be equally important as they try to find purpose for their new power and embark on a journey to find out what defines and unifies them. The Powells are a totally relatable family that happens to be a little bit amazing.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...ry-family.html

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              It sounds like a live action version of the Incredibles, possibly mixed with the Fantastic Four.
              That's kinda what I thought, but I'll probably check it out. I don't have high expectations, but I am curious.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Exclusive: Tate Donovan and Christina Chang exit 'No Ordinary Family'

ABC’s superhero-themed series No Ordinary Family is undergoing some routine post-pilot retooling.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Family regulars Tate Donovan (Damages) and Christina Chang (CSI: Miami) are leaving the Greg Berlanti-produced drama.

“It was strictly a story-line-related decision,” maintains a Family source, adding that producers hope to bring both actors back on a guest-star basis, their schedules permitting.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/06/...dinary-family/

Comment

Im looking forward to this show I reckon this will be the best new show of the year
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Question: No Ordinary Family. You thoughts? Worth watching this fall? —Maddie
                    Ausiello: Without question. I’ll admit I was worried the ABC drama would have a “been there, seen that” feel to it coming on the heels of Heroes. But Family offered a surprisingly fresh take on the Average Joe and Jane Superhero conceit. I’m definitely on board. In fact, it’s one of my top six favorite pilots. Here are the other five (in case you’re curious): Fox’s Lonestar, NBC’s The Event, The CW’s Nikita, CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, and ABC’s Better With You.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/...lville-castle/

Comment

SDCC 10: We've Seen No Ordinary Family

At the San Diego Comic-Con, ABC held a panel for their new superhero series No Ordinary Family featuring series stars Michael Chiklis (The Shield) and Julie Benz (Dexter, Buffy, Angel). The crowd in attendance were treated to the pilot episode of this new show. IGN has seen it and we're ready to offer our first reaction.

continues:
                      http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/110/1106980p1.html

Comment

'No Ordinary Family' mythology 'important'

No Ordinary Family creator Greg Berlanti has claimed that the mythology of the series is important.

The show focuses on a family who discover that they have superpowers after being involved in a plane crash.

Speaking to DS at Comic-Con, Berlanti explained that the show is a "blend" of "a great, action-packed superhero show" and "great elements of a family show".

continues:
                        http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s12...important.html

Comment

I seen the pilot online, its not bad i think im going to like this show is it a full season pick up or just a short season?

Who else saw the pilot online?
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                          X