This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Write a Stargate Epic

There are a lot of threads in this vein, one word at a time, one sentence at a time, which for some ceative minds is a bit restrictive. So here's one where you can unleash the writer in you. The rules are simple, you can write a sentence, a paragraph or a whole page but in turn about. The aim is to make a Stargate epic, starting after the Icarus base was lost. Any and all Stargate characters, past or present can be involved, though those who have died, may need to be say, from an alternate universe, or maybe even as ascended.

You can introduce new players and technology (within the bounds of Stargate reasonability), you can add humour, but derailing the Thread will be frowned upon and deleted by the mods.

So off we go.

If you don't wish to add, feel free to comment
    Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 04 February 2010, 02:47 PM.
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Jack looked at his watch, it was already late, the Pentagon had promised him a full review of his report within the day. Damn he hated beaurocrats. A knock on the door and Walter came in.
    "Sir, Atlantis just sent a message, they'll send out the Daedalus and Orion to start the search immediately."

"Er, ah thanks Walter, carry on." He thought for a moment and called out. "Ah, Walter, ask SG1 and Colonel Ellis to come up will you."

"Sir"

Comment

Col. Ellis and SG1 come to the conference room and sit down. They wait for Jack. He comes in and pours himself a cup of coffee. He turns around and a flash fills the room. The coffee cup shatters when Jack drops it out of surprise.

"Greetings, O'Neill."

Comment

"Thor?" Jack was lost for words, he knew for certain his little grey buddy was dead. "Am I dreamin', or is this some kind of joke? Ah, yes Ellis are your boys up there playing around with the hologram thingy again?"

The commander of the Apollo shook his head. "Ah, no sir, they are under your orders sir, if they fool around with that again, well you know what you said."

"Indeed O'Neill, I am certain you made mention, referring to the cleanliness and hygene of the Gamma base." Teal'c put in. All in the room looked at the aparition that appeared to be Thor.

"I am dead as you well know O'Neill." Thor said. "That is why you are receiving this transmission now. In the event of my death, I made this to automatically be sent to you if things in the galaxy were to go awry, after your battles with the Goa'uld and Ori."

Jack just looked at the Asgard, as did the others. Cam was intrigued though. "Let me figure this out. You are just an automated hologram of yourself, and you prgrammed yourself to appaer, if we had to save the galaxy again?"

"Yes." Thor said simply.

"Well that was easy, wasn't it boys." Vala said as she thumped Daniel on the arm.

"So Thor, your message." Jack was a bit more composed now.

"Just beyond the remains of my home world in the Ida galaxy, a new menace has arisen, long thought extinct, they are the G'nash. A humanoid people much like yourself, only older than even the Ancients. They are moving toward your Galaxy, but I must warn you, they are powerful, their bodies heavier and larger than the human race, and lastly, they are gifted in a form you would call magic." With that, Thor disappeared.

"Well, what do you make of that?" Jack said whimsically.
        Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 04 February 2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Plans were already being laid, and a fleet mobilised. Much like both the younger Ancients and Wraith, their technology was now a combination of both organic and advanced technological components. It was within one of these ships where the final tweaks were starting to be made, that the decision was finally confirmed. He sat casually upright in the throne-like seat, his grey-tinged hands gripping the carved metal as his dark eyes were lazily sent to peer at the herald he'd summoned.

At 7ft tall, one might start to think this is where the myth of giants came from to the Ancient people. This one, embraced within samurai-like robes and armour, finally stood and stepped down from the dias - the lights flickered, sparking into life in their niches as he briefly looked over at the control panel. Good, everything was going as planned.

Half-bowing to level his head better with that of the human, a slow smile appeared on those thin lips, revealing a mouthful of bear-like teeth that complimented the shoulder-length tangle of flawless black hair framing his features.
          "Summon the Generals... It is time to prepare our emergence..."

Comment

"Sir if this is as urgent as Thor's message relayed, don't you think we should investigate it asap?" Ellis said.

Jack didn't like the sound of this whole thing, this was Landry's command, a fine time he took to take leave. His office in the Pentagon was cool, why now? "Yes I suppose so, how long to Thor's homeworld Colonel?"

"At best, one hyper jump, about twelve days sir."

"General, if you don't mind me saying, the new 310's are faster." Cam seemed to be pulling at straws.

"You wish Colonel. We have two still being built and the Dreadnaught is under trials, no I'm afraid the Apollo will be the one."

"Jack, just before Sam left on the Hammond, she told me the Dread was more than ready, and had surpassed all expectations."

"She did, when was this?"

"Two days ago."

"Ellis where is the Dread now?"

"Back in Wyoming, loading the new fighters and supplies. Sir, may I ask, officially the Dreadnaught has no Captain, Colonel Davis has been waiting for command, he could take the Apollo, and perhaps I could go to the 310. I've done work ups on her already"

"That sounds like a plan, take SG1 with you, I'll have orders for you by the time you're in orbit."

Comment

The G'nash War-Council was much like that of how China had once been; warlords, with vast galactic territories, who each ruled over their subjects with an iron fist. But they had awoken to far from the luxury they'd had before, and had angrily began seeking out the reason for this change.
              Pegasus. Milky-Way.

The two galaxies now teeming with life; one under the rule of the creatures known as Wraith, one overseen by the Taur'i. This Council had conveened in the wake of their preparations to go for the Tauri's home, to ensure each General knew what must be done. The male from earlier, Supreme Warlord, sat at the head of the table before casually increasing the light form the niches with a mere flick of his wrist - the flames became higher, casting an amber glow onto the assembled crowd of eight.
              "We shall encircle them. Our fleet will be numerous enough by then, Nasha make it so."

Looking over his shoulder, he gestured to a thinner specimen stood by one of the two entrances. "Send out a scout fleet. Five ships, for reconissance. Let's see how our enemy dances before we decide to join in, no?"

The ships were dispatched and were on their way through hyperspace.

Comment

Commands had been excahnged enroute to Wyoming, courtesy of the Apollo, the now Colonel Paul Davis receiving his captiancy from Abe Ellis. With him and SG1 aboard the 310 class Dreadnaught, a new exciement fell over the team, and indeed the ships assigned crew.

At over eight hundred meters long, the 310 class were a vast improvement on the 304's. Faster in both sub and hyper space, and heavily armed, they also carried a complement of sixty four of the new F307 fighters and ten AC401 heavy attack craft. The latter bulit and designed in response to the Goa'uld Alkesh.

The black ship took a fixed geosentric orbit over Cheyenne Mountain and awaited O'Neill's orders. Cam and SG1 took the time for familiarise themselves with this new beast. Abe Ellis looked very comfortable in the Captains chair and was just admiring the view, when the call came on a large video screen. Jack's image appeared. "Colonel Ellis, SG1, you have a go, good luck, and godspeed."

Comment

The ships, shaped like darts for manouverability but without the telltale eerie whine and made of metal rather than organic material, flew in a chevron pattern, communicating via a neural interface built into each individual craft - each one had three crew members; pilot, information relayer, soldier if neccesary. Almost black in colour, their pace was steady towards the edge of the Milky Way, where another jump would then take them closer into the enemies territory.

Comment

"What's our best Abe?" Cam asked.

"Four days top...."

"Sir we have a hail, it's Rak'nor." The Dread's XO, Lt. Commander Zhiang Xu told her captain.

"What, here in hyperspace?"

"Er, yes sir, it's delayed message, came through just as we entered hyperspace, but with the new command and control systems, we can answer if you like." She said.
                    Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 04 February 2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

The message was crackled, a little distorted but thankfully understandable:
                      'No trouble from what remains of the Goa'uld. The Jaffa Free Nation is starting to settle. We recently entered hyperspace near the edge of the galaxy, and recieved word of dark ships patrolling the edge of the galaxy from some of our outermost outposts. Keep on alert.'

Comment

"Shall we reply sir?"

"Colonel it may indeed be prudent to have some of Rak'nor's fleet meet us, it appaers this new threat is closer than Thor's message indicated." Teal'c said with one of his unusually long speeches.

"Good idea. Zhiang, send this. Would appreciate any assistance, rendezvous at Delta seven six in two hours if you can." He began to appreciate this might be larger than they thought. "Cam, how would you like to command a fighter squadron again?"

"You don't have to ask twice Abe. Teal'c and Vala, with me. Daniel, you assist here however you can."

Comment

The message was recieved, and a response sent back for the affirmative. The order come request was relayed, and the appropriate number of ships they could spare - 3 tel'tak's, a ha'tak and ten death-gliders. A good enough number from what they'd been able to salvage, all piloted by the best of the freedom fighters.

Meanwhile:
                          G'rakoosh, for that is what he was known by, kept his silvery eyes fixed on the display of information coming back from the scouts as they continued on their path. If the Ancients had been anything to judge by, and the Asgard, then forces would no doubt be a-massing against them. But here, for now, they were within relative safety to continue building their fleet. Only one city-ship, stolen from the Ancients and returned to their own galaxy, would go with them of course - no point putting all your chips on the table to risk a loss. He tapped his claws on the arm of the throne, before allowing a silvery ball of raw magical energy, drawn from subspace itself, to coil and twist around his fingers. This would be his securing move, the manouvere to cement his position.

Comment

Comment:

Spoiler:
                            Gads, so much techie stuff Just give me a little time... oh, btw - what EXACTLY is the definition of "derailing"? LOL

*goes off to catch up by watching SG1 DVDs I've never got round to watching yet*
                            *falls asleep and has outrageously pleasant dreams about an ascended Steve Wraith*

sigpic
                            Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Stopping to get a bearing on any nearby inhabited worlds, the three G'Nasian scouts were in a polar orbit around what was once known to the SGC as PXW 588, a steamy uninhabted jungle world, who's civilistaion had moved on long ago. It was from this planet, Dr. McKay had taken the last Stargate, for the Milkway end of the now defunct Midway Station.

G'Tath scanned his control panel and reported that the world was void of technological life, but teeming with what could only be described by him to hiis commanders, as wild life, an ideal staging post for incursions into this galaxy. In formation, the three Lancers, (as that was the name, the G'Nash gave the scout craft), settled into a controlled inbound descent, and landed in a large clear valley. The crews checked the atmosphere, and deemed it similar, if not very much the same as their former homeworld. Now to await the arrival of the first ships of the fleet, after their report was sent. Krillazk, the commander of the Lancers, sent G'Tath out again, to further scout into this vast galaxy of worlds to be enslaved.

Comment

Working...
                              X