problems with the kino.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with the kino.

in justice eli said that he has to download the video from the kino to edit it.
    im wondering how thats possible if the video formats are inherently incompatible.

Originally posted by timstro59 View Post
    im wondering how thats possible if the video formats are inherently incompatible.
    nice catch and good question!

Comment

More likely us Earthlings have developed converters an encoders an decoders from our study on Atlantis we been there for 5 years after all, an the outpost on earth. An someone made the mistake of handing those over to Eli who will now an forever annoy them all by continually filming the destiny crew mistakes, an successes.

Comment

There are some sort computer terminals in Eli's room, he must download the Kino footage on to those, then upload it onto his laptop for editing?
        "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
        "That he is concealing something."
        "Like what?"
        "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
        "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
        "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
        "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
          There are some sort computer terminals in Eli's room, he must download the Kino footage on to those, then upload it onto his laptop for editing?
          im talking about the format the videos are saved in, which i believe is incompatible with standard video editing programs.

Comment

im talking about the format the videos are saved in, which i believe is incompatible with standard video editing programs.
            indeed i agree
            obviously PTB didnt think that one through either.

LOL amazing how many errors thay are able to spew out eh? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              More likely us Earthlings have developed converters an encoders an decoders from our study on Atlantis we been there for 5 years after all, an the outpost on earth. An someone made the mistake of handing those over to Eli who will now an forever annoy them all by continually filming the destiny crew mistakes, an successes.
              That seems most likely explanation
              "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
              "That he is concealing something."
              "Like what?"
              "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
              "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
              "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
              "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
                That seems most likely explanation
                well it has been stated that the destiny is older tech then atlantis also very convenient that those converters just happened to be brought along in the chaotic evac of Icarus.
                IMO its just another fault commited by tptb and the writers.

Comment

Obviously, the program that downloads videos converts them to a format that the editor can understand. As far as figuring out the format of the video from Kino, there is no reason why it can't be uncoded. Any raw video format would be easy enough to decipher from any kind of stream you have access to. So there isn't really a problem.
                  MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by K^2 View Post
                    Obviously, the program that downloads videos converts them to a format that the editor can understand. As far as figuring out the format of the video from Kino, there is no reason why it can't be uncoded. Any raw video format would be easy enough to decipher from any kind of stream you have access to. So there isn't really a problem.
                    seems to make sense.

Comment

As K^2 mentioned, if it is a raw video format, anyone with a degree in computer/electrical engineering should be able to understand it fairly easily since it's just basic digital signal processing...even if it were in a compressed format, the Destiny's computers must have the software to decode the video so all we'd have to do is either use it to convert the video to one of our formats or just adapt the Ancient software to our computers...older software should actually be easier to understand since newer software tends to get more complex so if we can understand the newer software, reverse engineering older software should actually be easier...

Anyways, you had like 80 people told to bring whatever expedition supplies they could carry through the stargate...we know they got at least a few of their tablet pc's; why couldn't they have gotten any of their adapaters as well??? it almost seems like standard equipment with their computers nowadays...

Comment

maybe he downloaded the video but can not watch it on his computer, but the destiny computer can?

remember, when he saved it to his harddrive, and re-accessed it, he watched the video on the Kino screen?

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
                          As K^2 mentioned, if it is a raw video format, anyone with a degree in computer/electrical engineering should be able to understand it fairly easily since it's just basic digital signal processing...even if it were in a compressed format, the Destiny's computers must have the software to decode the video so all we'd have to do is either use it to convert the video to one of our formats or just adapt the Ancient software to our computers...older software should actually be easier to understand since newer software tends to get more complex so if we can understand the newer software, reverse engineering older software should actually be easier...

Anyways, you had like 80 people told to bring whatever expedition supplies they could carry through the stargate...we know they got at least a few of their tablet pc's; why couldn't they have gotten any of their adapaters as well??? it almost seems like standard equipment with their computers nowadays...
                          Who says the kino records a video feed like we do (CCD sensors) it could as well be other means, especially since the nightvision of the kino in Time had an interesting X-Ray effect to it.
                          Though i agree as long as its a CCD sensor and its recorded in RAW binary it shouldnt be a problem.

Though my question would be HOW they download it, wireless? Cables? do they have plugs?
                          Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                            Who says the kino records a video feed like we do (CCD sensors) it could as well be other means, especially since the nightvision of the kino in Time had an interesting X-Ray effect to it.
                            Though i agree as long as its a CCD sensor and its recorded in RAW binary it shouldnt be a problem.

Though my question would be HOW they download it, wireless? Cables? do they have plugs?
                            probably they use the standard Ancient tech adapter Mckay was on about.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                              And the means of recording would affect raw format how, exactly? There can be a distortion due to different mapping, but that'd be a fairly minor artifact.
                              MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Working...
                              X