This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate vs star trek vs star wars.

Ok you know i was up late the other nite watching stargate atlantis season 1 2 and 3. And i thought about some funny things. First of all the reason for the name of this thread. Star wars has little part about it. I will explain that later on. As for the stargate and star trek if you look closely enough you will find a lot of simulatrities between the two.

First off the Azgard Beaming Technology is a lot like the Beaming technology in star trek. Second if you look at the Atlantian Jumpers compared to the Enterprise Shuttles there are simularities there too. Third the weapons systems on the Gould motherships along with the weapons on the Ori motherships as well, compared to the weapon systems on the enterprise there is a little simularty. Ok so the Enterprises uses proton torpedos and phaser banks while the ori and gould use energy weapons but still they act the same. Fourth the Borg are alot like the replicators in a since that the Borg assimulate and the Replicators replicate both are making more of themselves.

I say all that because if you want to think about it. We could put Star Trek after Stargate. If someone were to make a book or something like that. Because they could say that the reason for the Warp drives on Federation Ships were derived from the Azgard hyperdrives. Along with weapons, and shuttles and everything else could be derived from the first explorations of the Stargate.

Some might say well if we have been to other planets and to other galaxies with the star gate why make more ships such as the Enterprise whos continuing mission is to explore strange new worlds and to seek out new life and new civilizations. Well there isnt a star gate on every planet now is there. Hence the need for more exploration.

And now to tie in the Star Wars factor. I just think it would be neat if someone were to make a book they could tie a stargate into the planet Courascant. Seeings how according to SGU (Stargate Universe) there were two other ships that seeded stargates ahead of the Destiny. So what if one of them were to reach Courascant. Seeings how that entire planet is one big city the stargate could have been lost centeries ago before the Sith War. And the fact that no one knows how the city was built could tie in with the Ancients seeding a stargate and building another Atlantis.

Well that is my personal opinion on it all. I was up for like three hours thinking about it all. I just found the fact that stargate and star trek two diffrent shows and two diffrent time periods (in real life and in syfy) being so similar in nature. If you have anything to add please feel free and post.

Originally posted by danielmckay View Post
    Ok you know i was up late the other nite watching stargate atlantis season 1 2 and 3. And i thought about some funny things. First of all the reason for the name of this thread. Star wars has little part about it. I will explain that later on. As for the stargate and star trek if you look closely enough you will find a lot of simulatrities between the two.

First off the Azgard Beaming Technology is a lot like the Beaming technology in star trek. Second if you look at the Atlantian Jumpers compared to the Enterprise Shuttles there are simularities there too. Third the weapons systems on the Gould motherships along with the weapons on the Ori motherships as well, compared to the weapon systems on the enterprise there is a little simularty. Ok so the Enterprises uses proton torpedos and phaser banks while the ori and gould use energy weapons but still they act the same. Fourth the Borg are alot like the replicators in a since that the Borg assimulate and the Replicators replicate both are making more of themselves.

I say all that because if you want to think about it. We could put Star Trek after Stargate. If someone were to make a book or something like that. Because they could say that the reason for the Warp drives on Federation Ships were derived from the Azgard hyperdrives. Along with weapons, and shuttles and everything else could be derived from the first explorations of the Stargate.

Some might say well if we have been to other planets and to other galaxies with the star gate why make more ships such as the Enterprise whos continuing mission is to explore strange new worlds and to seek out new life and new civilizations. Well there isnt a star gate on every planet now is there. Hence the need for more exploration.

And now to tie in the Star Wars factor. I just think it would be neat if someone were to make a book they could tie a stargate into the planet Courascant. Seeings how according to SGU (Stargate Universe) there were two other ships that seeded stargates ahead of the Destiny. So what if one of them were to reach Courascant. Seeings how that entire planet is one big city the stargate could have been lost centeries ago before the Sith War. And the fact that no one knows how the city was built could tie in with the Ancients seeding a stargate and building another Atlantis.

Well that is my personal opinion on it all. I was up for like three hours thinking about it all. I just found the fact that stargate and star trek two diffrent shows and two diffrent time periods (in real life and in syfy) being so similar in nature. If you have anything to add please feel free and post.
    Go to bed
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i have already

Comment

Working...
      X