This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Makers

Don't know how many fans of the Alien franchise we have on here, but Dennis Lowe, who was a Special Effects Technician on Alien (as well as other films, such as Labyrinth and The Empire Strikes Back) has just finished a series of four documentary films on Alien.

The first, Alien Makers, focuses on Mr. Lowe's old contacts in the modeling and miniature photography divisions, and is an absolute joy to watch, as it provides unparalleled insight into a lost method of filmmaking.

Rone Hone, Roger Nichols, the late Neil Swan, Brian Eke, John Hatt, Martin Bower, Simon Deering, Jon Sorensen, and Bill Pearson all contribute.

Alien Makers II focuses more on the bigger picture of the film, and interviews with some of the major crew in the film are on display, with more truly fascinating insights in the development of a true cinematic classic.

Ivor Powell (Associate Producer), Brian Johnson (SFX Supervisor), Sandy Lieberson (Vice President 20th Century Fox - Europe in 1979), Tim Ayling (Son of Denys - Model Lighting Cameraman) and Terry Rawlings (Film Editor) all contribute.

Alien Makers III is half the length of the first two installments, and focuses entirely on H.R. Giger, the man whose macabre vision gave life to a creature completely outside of normal human imagination. Mr. Lowe interviewed Giger about his work on Alien, and about his future plans, including his Museum and Giger Bar at Gruyeres, Switzerland.

Alien Fans is a special 'companion' film to the makers series, providing insight into the people whose lives have been influenced in some way be Alien. Special bonus points to anyone who can spot the two GateWorld users in this film!

Mike Lynch, Julian Bloom, Michael Seigler, Philippe Carini, Marc Caro, Aaron Percival, Fred Blanchard, Graham Langridge, Bijan Aalam, John Milas, Dominic Kulcsar all contribute.

All four film can be viewed on Alien Experience, or on Dennis Lowe's website.
    "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
    "Who doesn't?"

Thanks for that . I'll give it a look. Gateworld users in the Alien Fans film?
    sigpic

Comment

Yes. And since no one seemed particularly interested in figuring it out, the two were Elite Anubis Guard and myself.
      "All I wanna do is see the universe and eat pie"
      "Who doesn't?"

Comment

Working...
      X