Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apeasing the Wraith: Sarcopahgus tehcnology?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apeasing the Wraith: Sarcopahgus tehcnology?

The sarcophagus pretty much brings people back to life, we give it to the wraith, they can use it to bring the people they feed off back to life indefinitely.

May be callous, but it would keep them off the rest of Pegasus.

good idea!
    callous indeed but it would def score us some points with em...

Comment

In the same vein, why haven't we used some other alien tech. The folowing aren't my ideas but they sure make sense:

Sarcophagus use to bring back people killed in the field, with a helpful note saying "Remain calm, this is not the afterlife" attached to the underside of the lid.
      Memory technology of some sort (we've seen loads on the show) used to extract all the information we need from a bad guy without having to bargain or torture (which nobody does anyways).
      Mimetic tehcnology, to help up infiltrate places.
      Oh, and Altairan android bodies, oh, what fun can you have with that. Imagine a team of SFs copied into naqudah powered robot bodies that can lift several times their body weight and run like a cheetah for hours.
      Tal'taks, we never see earth use any alien ships, despite the fact that they're technically at war with the Lucian Alliance, which mean spoils of war.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        In the same vein, why haven't we used some other alien tech. The folowing aren't my ideas but they sure make sense:

Sarcophagus use to bring back people killed in the field, with a helpful note saying "Remain calm, this is not the afterlife" attached to the underside of the lid.
        Memory technology of some sort (we've seen loads on the show) used to extract all the information we need from a bad guy without having to bargain or torture (which nobody does anyways).
        Mimetic tehcnology, to help up infiltrate places.
        Oh, and Altairan android bodies, oh, what fun can you have with that. Imagine a team of SFs copied into naqudah powered robot bodies that can lift several times their body weight and run like a cheetah for hours.
        Tal'taks, we never see earth use any alien ships, despite the fact that they're technically at war with the Lucian Alliance, which mean spoils of war.
        well the age old argument against the sarcophagus is the warpin your mind blabla bit but as we all know limited use isnt espescially harmfull.

memory tech was used to some extent by the tokra (ashrak story martuf death blabla) and by vala when they needed to capture Adria but i agree for interrogations it would be very usefull.

mimic tech have been used once by Jackson in "summit" and once by Mitchell
        it also has very practical applications in the field.

and as for the androids yeah thatd be awesome but i think there is an underlying fear of sentient powerfull robots rebbelling (like the replicators)
        good concept tho.

and i agrre we should have seen the tauri using more captured tech instead of reverse engenering nearly everything they stumble across

but as for why we havnt seen any real use for alot of tech in the show is that TPTB has never known specificly how many seasons they would be able to do hence keeping us non "uber" and stringing us along waiting for the great reveal that will never come (atlantis cancelation ) annoying yes but its a def biproduct that is the result when ratings and money are the most importent factor so the story suffers greatly in their chase for financial gain.
        capitalism 101.

my 2 cents.

Comment

I was under the impression that Altairan androids weer perfect copies, thus inheriting the loyalty of the original, and as long as they're treated with the same respect as always, I don't see rebellion as being particularly likely.

Comment

i agree but still the risk is there du to "power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutly" etc

Comment

PTB 1: Well, we have all this technology, it would seem logical for Earth to use it.

PTB 2: NO! We can't have all powerful protagonists! We'd lose our Fandom!

PTB 3: Indeed.

PTB 1: But...but...it would be illogical...

PTB 2: A Stargate is illogical. Your point is..

PTB 1: Is that we should have them use technology available to them.

PTB 3: Let us compromise. The protagonists get technology that destroys anyone and everyone... *PTB 1 nods*...at the Season finale. Until then, let's forget about it.

PTB 1 + 2:
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Wouldn't it be more an issue of Wattage in this case?

Seriously the androids were hardly indestructible or all powerful. I don't see how they get much more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                  The sarcophagus pretty much brings people back to life, we give it to the wraith, they can use it to bring the people they feed off back to life indefinitely.

May be callous, but it would keep them off the rest of Pegasus.
                  Never, ever, ever going to happen. Not only is it beyond unethical (seriously, eternal torture?) it would project the SGC in a very, very bad light when it's finally revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    PTB 1: Well, we have all this technology, it would seem logical for Earth to use it.

PTB 2: NO! We can't have all powerful protagonists! We'd lose our Fandom!

PTB 3: Indeed.

PTB 1: But...but...it would be illogical...

PTB 2: A Stargate is illogical. Your point is..

PTB 1: Is that we should have them use technology available to them.

PTB 3: Let us compromise. The protagonists get technology that destroys anyone and everyone... *PTB 1 nods*...at the Season finale. Until then, let's forget about it.

PTB 1 + 2:
                    ROTFLMAO!! spot on LOS spot on! lets see if i can green ya for that

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Master View Post
                      Never, ever, ever going to happen. Not only is it beyond unethical (seriously, eternal torture?) it would project the SGC in a very, very bad light when it's finally revealed.
                      Make mindless clones. Clones that don't have a consciousness, can't feel pain. Go even further, and make them nerve-less by making their brain unable to sense a thing. Or even further, have their brain feel pleasure instead of pain. Unending ecstasy.........
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Make mindless clones. Clones that don't have a consciousness, can't feel pain. Go even further, and make them nerve-less by making their brain unable to sense a thing. Or even further, have their brain feel pleasure instead of pain. Unending ecstasy.........
                        maybe the wraith could do 1 better. we know that the wraith can make large biological machines so maybe theycould make 1 to feed off that can feel many wraith then heal its self.
                        I would not put it past the wraith cos there biological tech is very advanced

Comment

The wraith are an smart race. You give tech to them and some time after they can use it against you as a weapon. Of course a sarcophagus could free the people of Pegasus from some clans in a short period but i don't imagine them getting sedentary for ever.
                          sigpic
                          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Master View Post
                            Which is more ethical... subjecting a few to eternal torture to save billions from death, or.. don't.

What a conundrum we have ourselves here.

To the Wraith, that would be like eating cardboard, this is why they like to cull it's "tastier".

Still, this is a rare occasion where there is a happy medium. The Wraith go to a planet, drop some troops and offer to help the natives in some way in exchange for feeding on them then returning them back to life with a sarcophagus. Wraith get fed, people get infrastructure.

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                            The wraith are an smart race. You give tech to them and some time after they can use it against you as a weapon. Of course a sarcophagus could free the people of Pegasus from some clans in a short period but i don't imagine them getting sedentary for ever.
                            Granted, but it would take a lot of heat off for the time being, and it's better than doing nothing.

Comment

Do we even know if a Sarcophagus would "reverse" a wraith feeding?
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                              X