Entering a Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering a Stargate

I was just wondering but can you enter a Stargate at any time and still make it to the other side, hopefully it hasn't been discussed before.

For example in the ep Homecoming Anubis's First Prime Herak entered the gate just after the SFX for the gate shutting down started and I know he survived because I recall seeing him in The Lost City, so does it matter when you enter a gate?

Look forward to hearing your views,

Thanks.

Im unsure but O'neil made it through the gate when the event horizon was shimmering after Anubis launched his super weapon against Abydos and he made it in the episode ''Full Circle''. But Teal'c was caught in the gates buffer when he shotdown Taniths (I think) Al'kesh in the episode ''48 Hours''.

Don't know if this helps any lol
    sigpic

Comment

it seems to work except when you dump loads of energy into it then strange things happen

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        it seems to work except when you dump loads of energy into it then strange things happen
        What do you mean?

Comment

im guessing solar flares tealc getting stuck due to the alkesh crashing into it sam and jack getting sent to antarctica when the gate got shot at etc..

Comment

It appears to work at any time.........unless the writers don't want it to.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              It appears to work at any time.........unless the writers don't want it to.
              Well this but they are reasonably consistent in which plot device to use in this case lots of energy hitting the gate

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

I remember in CotG when Apophis and his guards are leaving Abydos after taking Skaraa and Shauri. If you watch closely there is an overhead shot with the activated gate off screen. Apophis and a few guards walk off camera along the left side of the DHD and there is the sound effect of them walking through the gate. But there is one guard who goes along the right side of the DHD to the gate. this guard barely makes it off screen when the sound effect of the gate deactivation occurs. It must have shut off immediately after this guard walks through. Otherwise I really don't know when a gate understands all matter that is intended to go through has already gone through and can shut off. If it were on some kind of timer (other than the 38 minute timer) things could have been bad in instances like in CotG when daniel was trying to evacuate the survivors through to earth. Imagine the look on his face if the gate shut down after the first handful of people went through!
                "Colonel listen to me. Speech is thought verbalized. Languages are codes. I'm a linguist. I'm a codebreaker. Don't you see? If I can do this I can read their minds."

Comment

maybe theres a timer that says ok its been this long since anything went through theres nothing in transit time to shut down.

and if some thing goes through at the point of shut down the sending gate adds just a littel bit more enegry to the wermhole to make sure said object gets to the destination intact.
                  sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Working...
                  X