Goa'uld and LRC Stones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld and LRC Stones

I imagine that there's nothing canon about this but what would happen if a Goa'uld got his hands on the LRC stones and interface mechanism? Would the host be the one who takes over the other user's body or would it be the symbiote. And what about for a Tok'ra who share the body with their hosts? I don't imagine that there will be any answers but I think it could make for fun discussion.

b4 or after the stones were activated?

cuz if b4 there would be no use 4 them. and if after its a bit confusing what would happen. if the goauld consiousness were transferred but not the host how would the new consiousness and the old consiousness handle the situation?

could the new set of consiousnesses concieveable find someone to remove the parasite and then turn of the machine freeing the both hosts(the original and the one that the goauld consiousness linked with)
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

I think that which ever consciences is in control would get switched but something weird would be going on with the end where Goa'uld/Tok'ra is.
      http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

I imagine the human would get transferred I doubt Goa'uld symbiotes are compatible with the LRC especially considering the other 'human' on the other side of the communicator would have to then take over the Goa'uld's body.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I think it won't work and get an 'ERROR' from it.

Ancient tech doesn't seem too like someone not ancient or the next of kin to them(humans) that not have another life form in their heads being around.

Comment

Both minds would get transfered because their minds are linked and acting as one.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

those minds aren't linked as one the goa'uld takes over the human so the LRC would just transfer the human mind but leaving the goa'uld control over the old body with the new mind .
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                those minds aren't linked as one the Goa'uld takes over the human so the LRC would just transfer the human mind but leaving the Goa'uld control over the old body with the new mind .
                They are linked, memories from both are shared, it is a true symbiotic relation, in the case of the Tok'ra. Even emotions from the host or symbiont are shared between one another. Just because the Goa'uld does not share the control of the body does mean the their mind are not linked.
                sigpic
                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

its jus a fuzzy logic type of situation
                  sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Hard to tell. Perhaps it would merge both personalities into one for the duration of the contact. That would be fun, imagine that. Would likely be most frustrating for the Goa'uld, especially if he could not control the host personality in this state. Would be a lot of suicides during communication, given how much the hosts like being hosts.

Anyway, what d'you reckon happens if a body dies during stone communication? Which mind dies with it? Or do they get both crammed into the surviving body as a result of some safety precaution? Presumably the Ancients would be able to then put the unfortunate stranded mind into a cloned body, like the Asgard can. Would be a good safety measure and would make the stones excellent for espionage... If the Ancients ever practiced that in their later years when they had this technology, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Jansky View Post
                      Hard to tell. Perhaps it would merge both personalities into one for the duration of the contact. That would be fun, imagine that. Would likely be most frustrating for the Goa'uld, especially if he could not control the host personality in this state. Would be a lot of suicides during communication, given how much the hosts like being hosts.

Anyway, what d'you reckon happens if a body dies during stone communication? Which mind dies with it? Or do they get both crammed into the surviving body as a result of some safety precaution? Presumably the Ancients would be able to then put the unfortunate stranded mind into a cloned body, like the Asgard can. Would be a good safety measure and would make the stones excellent for espionage... If the Ancients ever practiced that in their later years when they had this technology, that is.
                      The end result is that both die that’s why
                      Spoiler:
                      Telford and the other scientists did a runner in Earth because they knew if Destiny was destroyed they would die along with Young, Eli and Chloe back on Earth.
                      "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
                      "That he is concealing something."
                      "Like what?"
                      "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
                      "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
                      "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
                      "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
                        The end result is that both die that’s why
                        Spoiler:
                        Telford and the other scientists did a runner in Earth because they knew if Destiny was destroyed they would die along with Young, Eli and Chloe back on Earth.
                        Telford was a pussy, and should have been reprimanded by O'Neill for doing that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                          Telford was a pussy, and should have been reprimanded by O'Neill for doing that.
                          It was probably his orders to do that...no point in a few more people dieing...

Comment

In terms of SGU this is a very interesting question, because some of the people aboard Destiny (Rush and the IOA lady) sure act sometimes like they have a snake in their head, but they also use the stones. Would using the stones give them away somehow? If the snake stays behind when the connection is made, then the person on the other end would remember that once the connection was severed. Unless , after it is severed, now both humans are under Goauld control somehow? If both the host and the snake transfer, then this would not be a problem. The person originally on the Earth end of the connection would never know the Destiny crew member had a snake in their head. I think it would be a great story arc if there were one or more Goauld aboard Destiny, but the whole Communication Stone thing may (or may not) make that kind of complicated to pull off.
                            Last edited by Liam Kincaid; 20 May 2010, 08:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I don't think the stones would accept a Goa'uld; remember that in The Fifth Race the Memory Bank rejected Teal'c, probably because of "Junior". The Ancients don't seem to have been too fond of the Goa'uld, though they were probably more like pests than enemies.
                              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Working...
                              X