Purposeful or Saving Money... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purposeful or Saving Money... ?

I haven't seen it mentioned sorry if it already has but I noticed something. Yes its abit late but to be honest I'm not much of a fan. However space channel is running a marathon and I happened to watch "Water."

I noticed the space suits the two guys use while investigating the ice planet;

They looked familiar and here is why... Stargate Atlantis, Season 5, Episode The Lost Tribe;

Other then a different helmet the suits are exactly the same. So I'm just curious if this was a cost cutting thing here by the producers or perhaps an indication that the evil asgard from SGA have some further involvement in the future ?

Originally posted by skarwolf View Post
    I haven't seen it mentioned sorry if it already has but I noticed something. Yes its abit late but to be honest I'm not much of a fan. However space channel is running a marathon and I happened to watch "Water."

I noticed the space suits the two guys use while investigating the ice planet;

They looked familiar and here is why... Stargate Atlantis, Season 5, Episode The Lost Tribe;

Other then a different helmet the suits are exactly the same. So I'm just curious if this was a cost cutting thing here by the producers or perhaps an indication that the evil asgard from SGA have some further involvement in the future ?
    Hi skarwolf,

welcome to GateWorld forums. There's a thread for more info about these suits here:

Environmental Suits *spoilers for S1*

Consulting Producer, Writer, Joseph Mallozzi, when asked about this on his blog, commented:

"Well, hey, now that you mention it -- yeah, they do look remarkably similar. In fact, if I was a betting man, I'd wager that the Dark Asgard suits are a modified version of the Ancient space suit. Wonder what's going on there."

- Jasper
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Its not that uncommon. Stargate (and other shows) have reused props before. The Wraith stunners were actually reused from an early SG1 episode
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Well spotted!

Comment

Working...
        X