Where does the energy go???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does the energy go???

we know 2day that energy can not be destroyed or created and nothing in stargate changes this law.

When atlantis was attacked on the episode The siege where did the energy go that was deflected off the shield. there was probly enough energy to melt the face of the planet in that attack. so where did that energy go? it could not have all absorbed because where would that enegy go? also if it was aborbed we could have used it to power the shield and therefore the shield would not run out.

also the shield uses a lot of energy to run so where does that go. if the energy was giving off then it would melt the whole planet in under 1 hour.

Is this a plot hole or does any1 have a good reason???

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
    we know 2day that energy can not be destroyed or created and nothing in stargate changes this law.

When atlantis was attacked on the episode The siege where did the energy go that was deflected off the shield. there was probly enough energy to melt the face of the planet in that attack. so where did that energy go? it could not have all absorbed because where would that enegy go? also if it was aborbed we could have used it to power the shield and therefore the shield would not run out.

also the shield uses a lot of energy to run so where does that go. if the energy was giving off then it would melt the whole planet in under 1 hour.

it's called science FICTION for a reason...

Comment

first of all, the way that the wraith's weapons work is that they fire a burst of superheated plasma that hits the shield. and the shield works by creating a field of energy, most likely in the form of plasma, around the city. and when the weapon is fired at the shield, it forces the shield to exert the same amount of energy to cancel out the weapons energy and thats why the more preasure is exerted against the shield, the more energy you need to keep it going. and what happens to the energy of the wraith's weapons is that when it impacts the shield it forces the shield to deplete some of its energy to stop the weapons energy and eventually dissipates into radiant energy or some sort of gaseous state. the energy is not lost but merely changes form.

as for what happens to the shields energy, it also merely changes form as the energy or plasma is burned off canceling the wraith's weapons out. and when its turned off, the energy and plasma of the shield just reverts to a gaseous state since the generators are no longer holding it in place.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

ANSWER: La!La!Land!

Also known as subspace.

Comment

for one stop whit the plasma shield , and second maybe the energy dissipated
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
            for one stop whit the plasma shield ,
            Why, do you not like calling it a plasma shield?

Originally posted by webxro View Post
            and second maybe the energy dissipated
            Clearly. The OP is asking to where did it dissipate without destroying the planet.
            Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

i said stop using the "plasma shield " thing because sounds annoying and as i would like to say the that the energy was drain by the shields
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

The issue is conservation of energy, which is neither created nor destroyed. If the shields deflect or even "absorb" the energy (as people often say) it has to go somewhere. This isn't really a problem in space, but Atlantis was sitting on an ocean in an atmosphere and so the energy would basically be transferred into the air and water. This causes the oceans to heat an boil, the atmosphere to ionize, etc. It isn't pretty.

And I'm sorry you don't like the term "plasma shield." I don't like when people can't spell or punctuate, but we can't always get what we want now can we?
                Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

Comment

I think that punctuation is useless on a forum , nothing is official here , and about spelling firefox underlines all my spell mistakes
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

Obviously the Megatons of energy would make life miles from Atlantis unlivable. Unlike a massive nuke attack there is no debris or blasts to deal wth just thermal energy release. The thermal release wouldn't be an issue for the planet but I'd imagine everything within a 10 mile radius would be dead from thermal and radiation release and the atmosphere in that area would be just like what was inside the ori shield in that one episode.

Comment

The energy enters plot holes and is lost forever.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

that energy would have been let off in heat and light, plus i assume most would be absorbed by the shield, not to recharge the shield, because we know that the shield can burn out if they are overtaxed

Comment

Wraith weapons have been calculated in the ranges of several megatons. If all of that energy was put off as heat, there would be a disastrous climatic impact.

In-universe answer would probably have something to do with subspace, real answer is plot hole.

Or magnets.

Comment

Originally posted by sunrek View Post
                            Wraith weapons have been calculated in the ranges of several megatons. If all of that energy was put off as heat, there would be a disastrous climatic impact.

In-universe answer would probably have something to do with subspace, real answer is plot hole.

Or magnets.
                            Those aren't megaton (TNT equivelant) blasts or they would have smoked the dedy each time she was hit in various episodes with shields down.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                              Those aren't megaton (TNT equivelant) blasts or they would have smoked the dedy each time she was hit in various episodes with shields down.
                              I agree. I don't think the blasts are as powerful as you believe, and the energy was probably turned in heat, sound, light and chocolate.
                              Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X